BW/BW2 The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread

This way of playing is kind of nerve racking. you just hope for no critical hits. i caught a bidoof. it was in the yellow and it got critical hitted (that...is not the way to word it lol) and it fainted...dang well at least a caught a budew so now i can beat the first gym

@Pokemon99 My Electrike got critical hitted (Thanks, Catutie)

@Hatman: There were several factors in my choosing that name. Part was in memory of Hats, my Taillow, part was you (you're pretty cool), part was my personal name for the guy in my avatar (Being as he has no name), and part was the mental image of an Electrode wearing a fedora.

and part was the mental image of an Electrode wearing a fedora.
I have no idea how to imagine that, but it sounds totally awesome.

A few months ago, I posted a thread detailing my adventures in a Sapphire Nuzlocke Challenge. I was doing great, until Wattson's gym. He slaughtered all of my teammates. Which, I still can't believe because his Magneton managed to defeat my higher level Combusken, which, should have been very super effective!

A Nuzlocke challenge is a great way to play the game, because it challenges you in a way that you can't experience in regular playthrough. I highly recommend more people to play it!

I might as well post an official update. It's sad I started this months ago and I didn't document anything, but I can provide a couple paragraphs of a Summary if someone wants it.

My Team (currently):

154.png

MARIJUWANA Lv. 45
20.png

SUKMYTATAS Lv. 45
18.png

FLYLIKEAG6 Lv. 45
181.png

COTTONBALL Lv. 46
80.png

MOLASSES Lv. 49
130d.png

BIGFISH Lv. 49

So, all in all, a pretty well rounded team to face the E4. I lost some HUGE powerhouses that could have easily made this game a lot easier (with one at the end to help against the E4), but I managed to suck it up and train the best of the best of my reserve. I think I'm pretty much ready for the E4. I'm sooo scared though. :eek: I don't want to lose my buddies so I have nothing in Kanto. ;(

dmaster out.

uhh...well, nice nicknames, dmaster.:D i personally would NOT have made them all caps, but hey, that's not my decision! Also, im surprised at how far you've progressed. it is hard? Well, if i took this challenge, i would die. Literally. (J.K., J.K., J.K!!!)

I didn't feel like using the lower-case for some reason. And, yesss it's hard. So much hax in these games. >_> This isn't my first try at Nuzlocking HeartGold. I had Typhlosion and Ampharos in another file and lost to Clair. >:[

dmaster out.

I'm about to try this on Heartgold. I'll probably last 5 seconds. Wish me luck! And Dmaster, I'm going to steal your MARIJUWANA and sell it on the black market.

i lost 5 pokemon to junipers skuntank -.- now all i have is a lvl 23 staravia...

I would have done nuzlocke but you have to almost over train your pokemon and I don't feel like doing that? so hmm i'm just playing but some rules I wouldn't rly call it nuzlock :(

Nice Team Dmaster

hey should i do the nuzlocke challenge on my first run through on black when i get it in march?

i wouldn't. if you did, it wouldn't be as fun. Plus, it would be hard to compete in the vgc 2011, if you wanted to. maybe do it if you buy white.:rolleyes:

I'm getting both B/W versions (I always get both) so I can beat the game fast in one file that I play the most often and then I can Nuzlocke the other. I won't be Nuzlocking until a couple months pass after playing the game all the way through as much as I can.

dmaster out.

much like dmaster, i meant to post a nuzlocke thread about six months ago but never found the time or energy to post it haha. :p

anyway, i've started nuzlockes on both emerald and platinum, but didn't get anywhere near close to completing. for emerald, i just lost the motivation of playing it. as for platinum...

it seemed every route i would get NOTHING but bidoofs and kricketots and other garbage pokemon that would die in their first few levels or be extremely difficult to grind. i then started over again, but lost most of my team to roark and mars (partially because of hax) and i was just too frustrated to continue. i'm such a wuss. :F

however, it was still interesting and challenging, and i plan on taking it up again very shortly again. (maybe this thread will inspire me to get through it this time!) i will probably either go for platinum or even leafgreen. i probably won't nuzlocke in generation five until i get comfortable with the game, and go through it once with my favorite pokes. i'd still recommend this to anyone looking for a fun challenge!

If you don't like using tons of derps, you can always use the Duplicate Clause.

Skip a Pokemon in the Route you've already caught. This provides a lot of team variety, however, it is slightly easier than a Nuzlocke Run that doesn't have Dupe Clause.

dmaster out.

yeah i'm definitely considering doing that in my next nuzlocke attempt. the reason i didn't use the "duplicate clause" last time is that i wanted to be pretty challenging and be fairly faithful to the standard challenge while adding a few personal twists. however, now that i actually know how difficult it is, i think i will certainly loosen the rules up a bit until i start to get the hang of things.

btw, has anyone here used any personal rules in the nuzlocke that in someway impose a restriction on the usage of pokemon centers? when i did a nuzlocke in emerald, i had a rule where you could only use each center one time. after that, i had to pay a fine of 300 (buy and trash a poke-ball) each time i used that particular pokemon center afterward.

i havnt looked at the pokedex so i was thinking that it would be a way for me to see everything and have a reasonable challenge. i have the same problem. i have run into budew a million times as my first poke on a route so i havnt been able to get to many poke....i keep getting the worst poke too. lol

I'm going to be posting a fail update tomorrow after I win/lose against Lance. I've already lost half my team. ._.

dmaster out.

Back