BW/BW2 The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread

Ok, Maylene bring it. Nothing can stop the epic grind fest. And a couple changes to my team ftw.

dpmfa398.png

AIM4STARS Lv. 34
dpmfa075.png

GEODUDETTE Lv.30
dpmfa394.png

HAPPYFEET Lv.30
dpmfa405.png

LITE^Feline Lv.30
dpmfa315.png

BUDDYHOLLY Lv.30
dpmfa077.png

LITTLEPONY Lv. 30

I'm praying for extremely minor causalities. Especially with the extra grind to get Staraptor.

Easy kill on Meditate from an Aerial Ace. Same with Machoke. Then comes the big monster Lucario. Easy kill from a Close Combat. :p Time to take on Wake. Hopefully Luxray and Roselia can easily take care of him.

dmaster out.

Evaporating the water under the bridge with dmaster, I'll do this with Emerald. Would it be okay to play using the ROM program I was using for my solo run? That's my only copy to the game.

@slickmario: those are Dawn Stones iirc... you can get a shiny stone in iron island (i think it is the 1st you get and you can get another one later...)

The challange sounds pretty hard.
I'd only start it on a game I don't use any more.
Plus, I woulnd't chose any of the optional Rules. You'd be crazy to take all of the Optional Rules on.

I've been doing the challange on LG for the past two days. I'll post my team sometime. I've already got six badges and am curently training to take on Blain.

Can someone please answer my question? I want to know if I can use a ROM program, as it is my only access to Emerald.

dmaster said:
Go ahead. This is a casual discussion thread. As long as it pertains to Nuzlocke, it's fine.

dmaster out.

dmaster out.

I just started it on my Pearl file. I feel like the battle system is a bit slower than in HGSS, or at least it feels that way. Only reason I'm doing it on Pearl is cuz I lost my Platinum and my filled up PokeDex is on my SoulSilver. I currently have:

dpmfa387.png

Turty (Lv. 7)

I have yet to obtain any PokeBalls. I am grinding to level 10 before I go any further. I was nearly killed by a critical hit from a Bidoof a few minutes ago >.>

@Lenny: Bidoof kills Turtwig... That would be interesting if it did.
I am going with these list of rules:
-The major 2 rules
-I'll nickname all pokemon.
-Black/White out= GAME OVER
-No potions or healing items, but I will allow myself Full Heals. That is all for in this category.
-Maximum of 3 pokemon center visits per city
-Maximum of 2 Pokeball of any kind can be bought at PokeMarts. Two Great Balls and 2 Ultra balls is not allowed
-I must release fainted pokemon.
-Legends must be killed
-No Master Balls
Think I covered it.

I would have done a nuzlock run but I would be wasting a lot of batteris.. maybe one day I'll it if I could ever find a ROM program

I don't really have any major changes with my team from the 3rd Gym to the 4th Gym. Mainly it was just a grind fest.

Ponyta Lv.32
Prinplup Lv.33
Graveler Lv.33
Roselia Lv.33
Luxray Lv.35
Staraptor Lv.35

Probably over-leveled for Wake, but Idrc. Fantina is the main threat coming up, so I'm probably going to grind everyone until at least Lv.36 for that...Anyway, on to Wake. Gyarados gets easily taken out from Luxray's Spark. Quagsire goes down to a Mega Drain from Roselia. And Floatzel goes down the same way Gyarados did. So yeah, easy battle. The real fight is coming up with Fantina.

dmaster out.

It already knows it. But I'm not taking any risks in a Nuzlocke.

dmaster out.

After about an hour of grinding before even my first trainer battle, I was able to train my STUPID first caught Pokemon. I couldn't have been more unlucky for a first capture -_-

dpmfa387.png

Turty Lv. 11

402.png

Bugsy Lv. 10

It took FOREVER to train a Kricketot Lv. 3 up to level 10 when it only knows Growl and Bide. And now it learned Fury Cutter. That's just SPLENDID! Off to my first trainer battle...

Besides a minor screw-up with nicknaming, everything is going great. I went with Torchic and nearly lost to Mudkip's defenses. I growled twice and pulled off a critical hit though. After that, it was smooth sailing. I'm stopping before I level grind my 3rd pokemon before the first gym. Besides, it's 9PM... Now, my team:
Spr_3e_255.gif

Blaze, Lv. 11, Male
Spr_3e_270.gif

(Name screw up, will be Partier), Lv. 11, Female
Spr_3e_287.gif

Slacker, Lv. 5, Female

lol forgot about this thread so here an update after beating the 4th gym.

U like Me, Swampert lv 36

Gem Eye, Sableye lv 27, aboslute beast with fake out and Shock wave combo

Dmaster, Gyarados lv 21, needs to start grinding

Beastly, Trapinch lv 20, going to be so good when it evolves into flygon.

HM slave, Zigzagzoon

Whynut egg

Also picked up the root fossil and will add to my team soon.

Alright, time to post my current team. I'm doing my challenge on LeafGreen, and I'm also doing the basic rules, along with having to kill legends. I'm also naming my Pokemon after Lost characters, because that was a pretty nifty idea in the comic. :>

Badges: 5

Current Team:

009.gif

Linus (Blastoise) (M) Lv. 44

This guy is the powerhouse of my team. So BA. I named him Linus because he can take hits and be dangerous, like Ben Linus. :D

026.gif

Kate (Raichu) (F) Lv. 29

I don't like Kate. She should die.

106.gif

Bruce Lee (Hitmonlee) (M) Lv. 41

Hitmonlee was named after Bruce Lee. Bruce Lee is my hero. Only Pokemon on the team not named after Lost character, but still awesome.

018.gif

Sawyer (Pidgeot) (M) Lv. 41

This was the first Pokemon I caught. Got the idea of naming him after Sawyer from the comic. What a good idea. :D

051.gif

Charlie (Dugtrio) (M) Lv. 35

I don't know why I named him after Charlie, but I needed a Pokemon named after Charlie.
<3

140.gif

Keamy (Kabuto) (M) Lv. 18

Keamy destroyed things. When this guy evolves, he's going to rip things to pieces. What a fitting name. ;)

Current Goal:
Grinding levels before facing Blaine. I could face him right now with Linus and destroy him, but I'd rather wait. I also need a fire type. D:

Time for Fantina! The only change to my team besides Levels is:

dpmfa395.png

HAPPYFEET Lv.36

Aww yeah...He has one of the worst movepools IMO. I don't know why people were such in love with him. >_>

Anyway, my full team:

Luxray Lv.39
Ponyta Lv.36
Prinplup Lv.36
Graveler Lv.36
Roselia Lv.36
Staraptor Lv.36

Drifblim goes down to an easy Crunch from Luxray, Aftermath sucks though. Mismagius is annoying being faster and Confusing me, but Luxray breaks through ftw literally. Last is Gengar aaaand I hit myself. FUUUUUUU

Poison Jab Crit

Aaaaaand I hit myself.

dpmfa094.png

Curse you haxy Gengar. I can't get away from you, TCG or VG.

Empoleon comes in (he does have nice resistances, I'll give him that) and easily takes it down with two Surfs. I got greedy (as I normally do) and in the end it didn't pay off and I have my second death of the whole game (the first being a Bidoof).

dpmfa405.png

RIP LITE^Feline.

:[[[[[[[

Now I need to find a replacement and then grind to Lv.40 for Byron. All I have is a bunch of Shellos and Bidoof. >_>

dmaster out.

Oh, what the heck. Once I train all the pokemon on my diamond over to my Platinum, I think I'll give the Nuzlocke challenge a try. I'll be playing with some edited rules though.

-the basic 3 rules (Nicknames, Deaths, and catching the 1st Pokémon you find) will still be intact
-As opposed to releasing, I may instead permanently box a Pokémon (if my starter faints, I still might want to breed it after I beat the game. :\)
-Adjustment of the first capture rule- If I find a duplicate, I can catch the 2nd Pokémon. (So I don't get stuck with a team of something like Chimchar, Bidoof, Bidoof, Kricketot, Bidoof, Starly)
-No held items until I reach the Battle Tower
-iirc, Bonsly was doing the SET style of battling, which I will also be doing.

Will update later once I start.

Back