Team Transform- Shutting down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Team Transform- States is over. How did everybody do? What did you see that you didn't expect to?

dos destroyed at our states lol, luxchomp winning in masters and cursegar taking the win in seniors.

RE: Team Transform- States is over. How did everybody do? What did you see that you didn't expect to?

The Power of Three said:
IMO, those are all easy matchups. Each of those matchups is fairly easy for FlyPhan, save for LuxChomp, which IMO isn't all that easy of a match against anything. But really, DialgaChomp isn't all that fast of a deck, and it thrives off of the face that it's got an automatic Snipe on Claydol, and how Dialga Lv. X can sit out and be an awesome tank. Flygon Lv. X just uses Extreme Attack on the Dialga Lv. X to shut down that route, and if you're stuck on Draw Power, Donphan can just stall out with no Dialga Lv. X to shut off it's -20 body.

Kingdra, yes, whoop de doo, it has weakness on Donphan, but donphan's -20 body with an Expert Belt can just neutralize this.. Plus there's the fact that Flygon doesn't have weakness to kingdra, and can just Power Swing for 2HKO's on the Kingdras w/ Expert Belts.

Cursegar- this is an autowin for FlyPhan. :\ What are they gonna do- use the SF Gengar to Poltergeist you to death? No. Any deck running Flygon and Claydol and a 2nd attacker and Techs won't have the trainers to let this happen. Now what, Shadow Room? Unown G on Claydol and you're good. Now, the actual Gengar of the deck- CURSE! OH MAN! with an Expert Belt, it can do a whole 60 damage to Donphan-70 With Curse. Then, it can TRAINER LOCK YOU! \o/ Again, FlyPhan PROBABLY doesn't have all the trainers for total lock down. Then, you can swing for 80 for one energy. :F Not all to bad for a speed set up, IMO, especially when it doesn't need Rare Candy to set up a Donphan Prime.

IF you want to test donphan against non-auto win decks try these:
More LuxChomp [yeah, this isn't an auto win for anything, this win is hard]
Jumpluff
Gyarados
and Mirror Matches

You...you really have no idea what your talking about, do you?

Donphan has a great match up against Luxchomp, so a Flyphan would still have a great match up, you just Donphan through most of it.

Dialgachomp is Flyphan HARDEST match up. Because if they run any sort of Luxray or anything, they can bring up your Luxray and laugh as you DON'T GET FREE RETREAT and so you just lose the game. No. Dialgachomp is a difficult match up. Your a n00b for thinking otherwise really.

Kingdra. We discussed this already. 60+20=160-20=140. Donphan's HP with an expert belt? 140. Kingdra OHKOs Donphan, so your stupid -20 body does nothing. Flygon does help. Its a pretty even match up.

Cursegar. If you managed to get a memory berry Flygon X out, then Cursegar loses automatically. If not, then its an even match up. So...

Frozendukie said:
dos destroyed at our states lol, luxchomp winning in masters and cursegar taking the win in seniors.

actually let me fix that, luxchomp took first in seniors too.

Name (real, or screen name): Rotom-Cut
Division: Seniors
Region: Kansas or Midwest
Records this season (ex: 1st at states, 1st at regionals): I haven't done any events this year.
Current Deck(s): None
Anything else?: Nope
Can you make banners?: No but I have a awesome friend that can I will try to get one done by Saturday.

-Rotom-Cut

Seth1789110 said:
You...you really have no idea what your talking about, do you?

Donphan has a great match up against Luxchomp, so a Flyphan would still have a great match up, you just Donphan through most of it.

Dialgachomp is Flyphan HARDEST match up. Because if they run any sort of Luxray or anything, they can bring up your Luxray and laugh as you DON'T GET FREE RETREAT and so you just lose the game. No. Dialgachomp is a difficult match up. Your a n00b for thinking otherwise really.

Kingdra. We discussed this already. 60+20=160-20=140. Donphan's HP with an expert belt? 140. Kingdra OHKOs Donphan, so your stupid -20 body does nothing. Flygon does help. Its a pretty even match up.

Cursegar. If you managed to get a memory berry Flygon X out, then Cursegar loses automatically. If not, then its an even match up. So...

DialgaChomp is certainly NOT flygon's hardest matchup. Yes, you don't get free retreat, except for the fact that they have to pull off a Dialge G Lv. X AND a Luxray GL Lv. X in the same turn to lock you. Otherwise you just use Extreme Attack. In order for Dialga G Lv. X to not die from Extreme Attack, it needs Snowpoint Temple AND Expert Belt in play, and you can just use Sand Wall to get rid of any Snowpoint Temples on the field. I don't think it is all that hard of a matchup, especially if you play Warp Points correctly.

OK, I will just shut up about Kingdra. Stupid me thought 40 + Expert Belt = 60, and 40 + discard = 60, so there's no way to KO. That was just my bad. .-.

I certainly don't think DialgaChomp is FlyPhan's HARDEST matchup... I think that Gyarados would be Considerably harder for FlyPhan to win against, or maybe Jumpluff [no weakness, but it does resist Donphan, and smack Flygon for a good amount of damage.]

The Power of Three said:
DialgaChomp is certainly NOT flygon's hardest matchup. Yes, you don't get free retreat, except for the fact that they have to pull off a Dialge G Lv. X AND a Luxray GL Lv. X in the same turn to lock you. Otherwise you just use Extreme Attack. In order for Dialga G Lv. X to not die from Extreme Attack, it needs Snowpoint Temple AND Expert Belt in play, and you can just use Sand Wall to get rid of any Snowpoint Temples on the field. I don't think it is all that hard of a matchup, especially if you play Warp Points correctly.

OK, I will just shut up about Kingdra. Stupid me thought 40 + Expert Belt = 60, and 40 + discard = 60, so there's no way to KO. That was just my bad. .-.

I certainly don't think DialgaChomp is FlyPhan's HARDEST matchup... I think that Gyarados would be Considerably harder for FlyPhan to win against, or maybe Jumpluff [no weakness, but it does resist Donphan, and smack Flygon for a good amount of damage.]

If I remember correctly, if ANY sort of DialgaChomps run special metals, they will survive an extreme attack, come back to the bench, let Garchmop do its thing, score a nice OHKO on a Flygon X(2 prizes if its belted which it likely could be). Without Donphan's little body, scoring an OHKO becomes SO much easier. Also, T1 Deafen against a Flyphan isn't good news either. Add to that fact that if they flip say-2 heads on Remove Lost, its pretty much over, because if they take away a DCE and some other energy on Flygon, you cant Extreme Attack, and then next turn, Dialga will DESTROY you. No, I think its safe to say that DialgaChomp ties in first w/ Gyrados for Flyphan's worst match up.

Who else saw a lot of garydos at their States/provincials? I'm wonderin if it is going to be huge at regionals this year.

^
That's like all I saw-
Gengar and Gyarados was our whole division oh and ONE jumpluff(lost in t8)
I would've gone like 5-1 but 3 shiny duskull starts is killer(I played a 1-0-1 DP dusky tech in curse gar....)

Umm well garydos is the stuff lol! I have to tech against it now. In all decks cept. SP.

Seth1789110 said:
If I remember correctly, if ANY sort of DialgaChomps run special metals, they will survive an extreme attack, come back to the bench, let Garchmop do its thing, score a nice OHKO on a Flygon X(2 prizes if its belted which it likely could be). Without Donphan's little body, scoring an OHKO becomes SO much easier. Also, T1 Deafen against a Flyphan isn't good news either. Add to that fact that if they flip say-2 heads on Remove Lost, its pretty much over, because if they take away a DCE and some other energy on Flygon, you cant Extreme Attack, and then next turn, Dialga will DESTROY you. No, I think its safe to say that DialgaChomp ties in first w/ Gyrados for Flyphan's worst match up.

Yes, any sort of DialgaChomp does run SPecial Metals... however, you'll still need 2 of them to survive.

That little bit about Flygon X being Expert Belted is contradictory... Extreme Attack will hit for 170 if Dialga G Lv. X is active. After scoring the OHKO, a second Flygon w/ DCE can simply OHKO Garchomp LV. X in return. :\

If you do flip heads on Remove lost, simply retreat and stall with a Donphan. Flygon has free retreat regardless of its body.

Stall with Donphan? You mean the 2HKO that you can get on it? Or the part where you bring up Chomp CX and snipe the weakened Flygon? Or the part that a warp energy moves it to the bench and allows you to Chomp through their face? If you set up Dialga, he will Wailord on you with Remove Lost, dumping any energy you ever get if they are lucky. Even a single heads can be crippling, because they can choose to discard DCE. Keep in mind, Ambipom G can Tail Code DCEs to a benched G'd Claydol, and just discard everything you love near and dear and just moida you. DialgaChomps match up against Flyphan is fantastic. Get rid of the Queen, get rid of the retreat, get rid of the defensive body and prepare to have a good time. T1 Deafen is common, and will prevent anything really, spraying your Dol's and Uxies and then sniping off your Dols and the like. Its really not a problem.

Olliver played G-Dos and t8ed, he was the only G-Dos there.

This team is seaming dead. What is everyone planning to run for regionals?

Prbly luxchomp again, it feels so consistent with the hgss trainers/supporters. If not that then there is always playing Spiriplox.

Arcanine King said:

I might go, so I'm thinking of running SpiriPlox or something like that. Just because the quick set up and fast power lock.

if i go to regs, jumpluff or gengar. Maybe blazeray...

Frozendukie said:
Prbly luxchomp again, it feels so consistent with the hgss trainers/supporters. If not that then there is always playing Spiriplox.

Where are you gonna get the Gardevoir's? :p

Anyways. I am still deciding what to play. Whatever it is I am playing, I think I am gonna use a 1-1 Honchkrow tech for Gyrados.

Arcanine King said:

I might run CurseGar... I'll have to fix my list up a little bit, though. I like it's matchups against a few decks.

No Decklists guys.

dmaster out.

Seth, i can get gardy's easy :p. But I like mime so much more than honch..i dont even get why honch is getting such a hype..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back