Finished Mafia XL: Age of Piracy: Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reads aren't properly developed when there are only two choices for a lynch. You are only putting yourself at a disadvantage. I'm not going to argue about what you think Blakers is conditioned to do. That's irrelevant to me.

Unfortunately, my role doesn't work like that. It's a percentage based role checker that takes safeclaims instead of actual roles when applicable.
Only two? There's rainy, me, Celever, and you at the very least.

And that's from everyone's perspective, of course I don't consider myself a viable lynch option.

Doing this from mobile sucks. I'll give you more later.

Active Ability: Archives of Singapore
Your position in Singapore comes with the greatest library in the modern world, and you managed to bring a few of your books on board this ship. Once per Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. You will search your archives, learning that player’s role name (or safeclaim name, if they have one). There is a 33% chance that you will learn their full role (or safeclaim) instead.

NP's case on Camo looks trash. Easily succumbs to basic WIFOM from just about any player in the game and is a stretch even if it didn't.

NP is looking scummier and scummier but honestly, ##VOTE: Blakers. I still don't know if I'm really keeping up with everything that's happening, but I still prefer a 33% shot over anything else right now. Potentially rainy is a good lynch too, so I think it's worth bearing him in mind.

NP's case on Camo looks trash. Easily succumbs to basic WIFOM from just about any player in the game and is a stretch even if it didn't.

NP is looking scummier and scummier but honestly, ##VOTE: Blakers. I still don't know if I'm really keeping up with everything that's happening, but I still prefer a 33% shot over anything else right now. Potentially rainy is a good lynch too, so I think it's worth bearing him in mind.
Do you want us to get turboed? If you aren't keeping up, then go back and read, then decide if you think I'm still a good option. And what are your thoughts on what I've claimed Rainy's role to be?

A 33% chance in LYLO? What are you thinking?

You lynch someone random, and you have a 42% chance of hitting scum. You lynch a member of a 3 person neighborhood (which we've mostly accepted has one scum and two townies) and your chance of success goes down.

You lynch someone random, and you have a 42% chance of hitting scum. You lynch a member of a 3 person neighborhood (which we've mostly accepted has one scum and two townies) and your chance of success goes down.
Not to mention, Keeper is indie and scattered is basically confotown. Once you take away those two, the only person left who isn't in our neighborhood from Celever's point of view is Rainy. If Celever is Town, then in theory that should look like a promising lynch, right?

Or one town and two scum. I don't like how much you've been pushing the idea that there's one scum and two townies in the chat. Makes it seem a lot like you're the second scum in the chat.

I'll ##UNVOTE for now, just to check that Blakers isn't nearly lynched and could be turbo'd. If not I'll vote again.

Oh, there are only 7 players left, lol. I see the turbo issue now.

I'm still happy to vote for either rainy or Blakers, depending. Frankly at this point NP looks good too. If I had to hedge my bets on a scumteam right now, those three would be it. Looking at numbers right now, it honestly looks unlikely for there to only be one scum in the chat.

Or one town and two scum. I don't like how much you've been pushing the idea that there's one scum and two townies in the chat. Makes it seem a lot like you're the second scum in the chat.
I don't think Camo and Blakers would bus eachother so much as scum. I'm a townie, so there's either 1 QT member that's scum, or the unlikely bus. Personally, the unlikely bus, combined with the ulikely setup, makes 1 QT member is scum seem much more likely.
I'm still happy to vote for either rainy or Blakers, depending. Frankly at this point NP looks good too. If I had to hedge my bets on a scumteam right now, those three would be it. Looking at numbers right now, it honestly looks unlikely for there to only be one scum in the chat.
Celever is not suspicious for this at all. From his POV (assuming he is a townie), the person who survived two nightkills isn't scum. Either Rainy and 2 QT members are scum or Rainy, 1 QT member, and someone who is almost confirmed indie is scum. Of course, its only natural to assume the two QT members are scum. Then, who seems to be working together in the QT? Me and Blakers.
I'm pretty sure he is a scum, since those possibilities both seem unlikely. But the reasoning he's using is not flawed.

I don't think Camo and Blakers would bus eachother so much as scum. I'm a townie, so there's either 1 QT member that's scum, or the unlikely bus. Personally, the unlikely bus, combined with the ulikely setup, makes 1 QT member is scum seem much more likely.

Celever is not suspicious for this at all. From his POV (assuming he is a townie), the person who survived two nightkills isn't scum. Either Rainy and 2 QT members are scum or Rainy, 1 QT member, and someone who is almost confirmed indie is scum. Of course, its only natural to assume the two QT members are scum. Then, who seems to be working together in the QT? Me and Blakers.
I'm pretty sure he is a scum, since those possibilities both seem unlikely. But the reasoning he's using is not flawed.
IDK, Camo's scum meta is bussing the next-most capable player on his scumteam from the start, while bussing a buncha townies so his scummie blends in. Blakers being in the mason chat means that he would be Camo's target for bussing throughout the game.

Usually when I'm scum, Camo is scum with me (I actually think it might be 100% of the time; I'm town a LOT) so I'm well-acquainted with this playstyle, as I'm often the player being bussed by him. That's why I feel like Blakers x Camo is possible, though I think Blakers x NP is even more likely. NP x Camo looks less likely because their positions are so polarised, but we can't discount it. That's why Blakers looks like a good lynch, really, because he's the likeliest in both scenarios.

I think Rainy is a good option. Alongside that- I'm considering Blakers or Camo because I don't think NP is likely scum - he passed me the immunity item when the scum team tried to kill me.
The rainy option is good because the case on him is still valid. Rainy still doesn't talk, which doesn't match his meta.

@NinjaPenguin - What do you think about Celever? Got some points on him so far?

I'll read back so I can comment on more things.

Just read back so :

I believe Blakers. Rainy would have said something against it if he was really town. It seems rainy is a better lynch than I thought.

Just read back so :

I believe Blakers. Rainy would have said something against it if he was really town. It seems rainy is a better lynch than I thought.
The thing which concerns me about rainy is that everyone is for the lynch. Logically there would be scum resistance, but there's always the possibility that they didn't want to try and fight a losing battle and make themselves obvious.

I'm fine with the rainy lynch, but Blakers is preferred. What do you think about Blakers, scattered?

The thing which concerns me about rainy is that everyone is for the lynch. Logically there would be scum resistance, but there's always the possibility that they didn't want to try and fight a losing battle and make themselves obvious.

I'm fine with the rainy lynch, but Blakers is preferred. What do you think about Blakers, scattered?

I think that not using that particular ability is logical and the explanation is good. I would not want to mess up with the town's potential doctor/vig/detective roles in the case they are targeting someone who is the best one to be targeted. So I can see the logic in his explanation. That is why the accusation Blakers face about him not using his claimed ability is not enough for me to vote him over Rainy. Unless there is another case on him that I am not aware of? Blakers and Camo have an equal chance for me to flip scum for the fcat they are in a 3 player QT. So you would hvae to explain why Camo is more likely town and why Blakers is more likely scum. Then you'll have to explain why lynching one of the 3 because one of them is most probably scum is the best case we can go for.

N1 Scattered - Full hit

You’re Edward Teague, and you’re aligned with The Motley Crew. The father of the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow, you’ve risen to almost legendary status among pirates. The few who have met you always ask questions about your various escapades. Your answer? Sea turtles, mate.

Passive Ability: Living Legend
Your reputation has earned you many advantages in life. Here on this expedition is no different. You may vote twice during the Day without unvoting in between. (If you vote for separate people, and then unvote one of them, you must specify who you unvote.) If both your votes are on a player when they are lynched, this Ability will lock.

Active Ability: Lord of Madagascar
You may not be one of the Brethren Court, but you’re still the Pirate Lord of Madagascar, and that means you know some things. Each Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. You will be told whether that player had an Item this Night, and if so, whom they passed it to.

Active Ability: Current Keeper
[LOCKED]
Unlocks when you are the Keeper of the Code.

Win Condition: All threats to the Motley Crew are eliminated.

N2 Keeper - Full hit

You’re Abner Pintel, and you’re aligned with The Motley Crew. Referred to by Captain Jack as “the belligerent homunculus,” you’re one half of what is perhaps the least competent pair of pirates to ever sail the seas. But hey, that doesn’t stop you from trying!

Passive Ability: Cursed Gold
You were cursed once, by a chest of Aztec gold. You’ve long since put as much distance as you could between yourself and it, but it seems you can’t escape the curse entirely. As such, if you come into possession of the Pirate Medallion, your vote weight is 2 when voting during the Day Phase for the crew’s choice of port.

Passive Ability: Belligerent Ignorance
All your bluster is good for something, apparently––you haven’t got a clue what’s going on! Since no one can make you listen to them (or honestly just couldn’t be bothered), your Abilities cannot be stolen, copied, disabled, or otherwise affected by other players. (The targets of your Abilities can still be affected.)

Active Ability: That’s the Truth of It
You don’t really know a whole lot, but sometimes a thought will hit you like a seagull’s droppings, though you’re not really sure from where. Each Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the name of a port. You will find out the full effect of that port in a short summary.

Win Condition: All threats to the Motley Crew are eliminated.

N3 GM Draclord - Name only

Henry Morgan

N4 Lord - Name only

Bartholomew Roberts

N5 Jade - Name only

Terry Ragetti

N6 TAE - Name only

Bootstrap Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back