Let's Do the 7th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Let's Do the 7th Generation Ourselves! SIGN-UPS OPEN

Shiny Goodra said:
If someone can PM me with some links to art DL's to make some nice stuff or commonly used art tools via the web I'd get started on some stuff, also, if I'm ever needed send me a PM, I can help on design, move ideas, names, etc etc.. I would like to do a bit of everything just need a lead to start on.

You can try to get GIMP, it's like a free photoshop (I prefer photoshop, though) and that's the only free art tool I know. But you don't really need that, if you only have MS paint that's surely enough.

Any ideas for the theme?

I'm sorry to interrupt, because this is off-topic-ish, but this is a really nice idea and I wish you guys good luck on it :D

professorlight said:
Shiny Goodra said:
If someone can PM me with some links to art DL's to make some nice stuff or commonly used art tools via the web I'd get started on some stuff, also, if I'm ever needed send me a PM, I can help on design, move ideas, names, etc etc.. I would like to do a bit of everything just need a lead to start on.

You can try to get GIMP, it's like a free photoshop (I prefer photoshop, though) and that's the only free art tool I know. But you don't really need that, if you only have MS paint that's surely enough.

Any ideas for the theme?

Thanks, I'll check it out.

We're talking about legendaries correct?

Shiny Goodra said:
professorlight said:

Any ideas for the theme?

Thanks, I'll check it out.

We're talking about legendaries correct?

No, the whole generation. Did you read the updated OP? For now, we'll pitch ideas for the overall theme of the gen, vote on it and when that's sorted out, make teams and pitch ideas for individual pokemon.

I was reading through all the comments and seen "legendaries".

A theme I'd come up with for this gen is more of a space/future theme, bring some older Pokemon in to have futuristic evolutions. Make a new "Extraterrestrial" type, of course giving a few pokemon the added type. Don't make everything look spacey but still have that feel to the whole generation.

Shiny Goodra said:

A theme I'd come up with for this gen is more of a space/future theme, bring some older Pokemon in to have futuristic evolutions. Make a new "Extraterrestrial" type, of course giving a few pokemon the added type. Don't make everything look spacey but still have that feel to the whole generation.

Yeah, some of the guys got a bit carried away; I know everybody is anxious to start, but we should go in order to minimize problems down the road.

"Future" is good. I like it. No wonder I liked it, It was eron's proposal, so it's good anyway. Space... I dunno. Perhaps tweak it to "technology"? Is that okay with you? that doesn't mean there can't be space themed pokemon in the gen.

But sorry, no new types, we'll work with what we have; we might add or bring back some minor features, but nothing game-changing as new types.

The Fire/Ice started as a joke.
Then I had a light-bulb moment. :p

Anyway, sent in my PM forum. Hoping we can officially start soon. :)

professorlight said:
Shiny Goodra said:

Yeah, some of the guys got a bit carried away; I know everybody is anxious to start, but we should go in order to minimize problems down the road.

"Future" is good. I like it. No wonder I liked it, It was eron's proposal, so it's good anyway. Space... I dunno. Perhaps tweak it to "technology"? Is that okay with you? that doesn't mean there can't be space themed pokemon in the gen.

But sorry, no new types, we'll work with what we have; we might add or bring back some minor features, but nothing game-changing as new types.

That sounds good to me, I didn't see Erons, sorry. We can go with that though, maybe some technological psychic and ghost types insuming other creations like computers and TV's, maybe hovering carrier pokemon like gogoat transports in X/Y we could have a ship/vehicle looking Pokemon that does the same.

Shiny Goodra said:
professorlight said:

That sounds good to me, I didn't see Erons, sorry. We can go with that though, maybe some technological psychic and ghost types insuming other creations like computers and TV's, maybe hovering carrier pokemon like gogoat transports in X/Y we could have a ship/vehicle looking Pokemon that does the same.

Don't worry. Don't focus on the specific pokemon for each idea yet, the theme should be general, remember X and Y's was "beauty", take that as a starting point. If you can, read the design stuff I put in the OP, sugimori talks about the process of designing a generation.

Keeper of Night said:
The Fire/Ice started as a joke.
Then I had a light-bulb moment. :p

Anyway, sent in my PM forum. Hoping we can officially start soon. :)

I actually liked the idea of a fire/ice plesiosaur, just wasn't the moment yet. So remember it, it was pretty cool.

Yes, which is why a darker futuristic technological gen would suit us best to go into. From beauty to doom and gloomy, with a little happiness mixed in. I think we can take some ideas from previous gens like I said before the transportation pokemon and how rotom claimed all his attributes, not pertaining to a single pokemon but a few things we can use again.

It could all tie in to how the era and the new gen came to be.

Shiny Goodra said:
Yes, which is why a darker futuristic technological gen would suit us best to go into. From beauty to doom and gloomy, with a little happiness mixed in. I think we can take some ideas from previous gens like I said before the transportation pokemon and how rotom claimed all his attributes, not pertaining to a single pokemon but a few things we can use again.

Eh... Reminds me of Black City.

We should use TIME TRAVEL.
Celebi would be the mascot pokémon and appear at points in the game, but not be catchable (duh).
Of course, this isn't a game, so ignore that.

BUT!
What if we started with a basic region, and made three different "maps" for it? Past, present, and future.
"Past" could be like "New" or "Natural".
Present could be... Well...
And the "future" could be "Future".

Keeper of Night said:
Shiny Goodra said:

Eh... Reminds me of Black City.

We should use TIME TRAVEL.
Celebi would be the mascot pokémon and appear at points in the game, but not be catchable (duh).
Of course, this isn't a game, so ignore that.

BUT!
What if we started with a basic region, and made three different "maps" for it? Past, present, and future.
"Past" could be like "New" or "Natural".
Present could be... Well...
And the "future" could be "Future".

Good thinking! The idea of combining everything is very good. My theme is "changes" and I had proposed it as an a link to the past sort of deal, or better yet, ocarina of time.

So far we have:

"the future"
"ruins"
"nature"
"activity"
"Time"
"War"
"Variety"
"new"
"changes"
"technology"

So:
variety=changes=time
the past/nature > the present>technology>activity > the future>ruins>war

I like it. It encompasses everything so far, gives us plenty of wiggle room and three wholly different scenarios to work with. Is everyone cool with this?

Let's call Celebi 'Navi' or 'Tatl' and we've got a package deal. :p

If we do go this route, I think each time period should be limited to certain pokémon.
Depending on how far in the past we want to go, the fossil pokémon could be catchable as well.

Keeper of Night said:
Let's call Celebi 'Navi' or 'Tatl' and we've got a package deal. :p

If we do go this route, I think each time period should be limited to certain pokémon.
Depending on how far in the past we want to go, the fossil pokémon could be catchable as well.

Yes, I think each period could have access to some exclusive pokemon. And areas, especially. For example, in the past, everything is forest and mountains, in the present, cities, plains, forests, and in the future, ruins, a barren wasteland, snow, etc. Love the zelda inspiration.

This gen's fossils should be revivable (they wouldn't be fossils then, right?), if only to continue with tradition, but older fossils could sure as hell be catchable.

I think, to capitalize on the different scenarios, the three main points in the timeline would be set times. But there should be points in the game when you would have to travel between the times for missions or whatever. This would mean we don't have to mash everything together just to make it all fit, but work each aspect in naturally.

So, "War" could go somewhere between present and future. Then we could add "Ruins" to the future and not wonder how they got there.

Oh, another thing.
What if the past was more like "New", with first settlers and whatnot, with an even further past with the ancient pokémon and stuff?

Anyway, for the actual map, I was thinking islands.
Anybody here played Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs?
Yeah, like that.
A northern, frozen island. A beach island. A forest. A volcano. A city. Ruins.

Now, not even is each time different, but so is each part of the region.
And of course, going into the past would turn the ruins into a city, and leave the city island open.
In the future, the volcano could erupt.
The frozen island could be thawed during certain periods, ect.

Keeper of Night said:
I think, to capitalize on the different scenarios, the three main points in the timeline would be set times. But there should be points in the game when you would have to travel between the times for missions or whatever. This would mean we don't have to mash everything together just to make it all fit, but work each aspect in naturally.

So, "War" could go somewhere between present and future. Then we could add "Ruins" to the future and not wonder how they got there.

Oh, wasn't it clear? yes, the times would be set, of course; the war would be implied by the ruins, there's no need to make it ovbious... actually, It would be best to just include the ruins and not a backstory, leave all that in the air. But, it's not like we are actually going to make the world. (unless someone wants to).

What I meant was, have the war be an event in one of the times.
But it doesn't seem realistic to have it in the present, and having the future at war is no fun. But I think it be cool to include an actual war somewhere. Same map as present, but areas would be cut off, some gone entirely.
Then things could happen to the pokemon as well. Rarer species come out of hiding due to the catastrophe, maybe even legendaries show up. Maybe that's more of a musketeers thing though...

Anyway, I just thought adding side quests in separate times would be cool. But, this isn't a game, so carry on.

professorlight said:
Let's see how the others feel about it.

I think you guys are overthinking it, and this concept is turning into an open world game (I don't consider Pokémon open world, because it isn't).

You're going a bit overboard with the different maps, islands and pokemon being available in each time period.

I'll join (like prof. light said on the move invention thread)
I like fakemon-ing and creative stuffs (note; whilst I have no access to a scanner, I can design things and describe them on here. If I can, I could take pics on my iPod and put them on here through Tapatalk)

some ideas for the overall theme:
-Old/New
-Tradition/New

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back