Let's Do the 7th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Let's Do the 7th Generation Ourselves! SIGN-UPS OPEN

WanderingWolf said:
We could just have a theme on time in general.
Part of the region is heavily affected by the past and is over the mountains of Kalos, and the other part is heavily modernised, populated and dependant on technology.

With the amount of different ideas suggesting X and Y, it would be a point to side this new region with Kalos, like Kanto and Johto (although, not have a game with both regions together).

EDIT:
'Make "Heavy focus on the past" into just "ruins" and we're golden. "Nature" is good too, as is "activity". '

Hang on a second, you just critisiced my idea because nature was used in BW, and chaos (the idea of war) was used in X and Y... but now nature everywhere, and ruins from war is good. Okay -.-

"Time" is good, I like it.

I don't think there's any need to pair this hypothetyical region with kalos, we'll be designing the pokemon, not the game, after all.

What was used in BW was the tension between nature and progress. "Nature" is not the same thing, since it's a standalone concept and it wasn't done as such before, you have to go broader here. "Ruins" is good because it brings to mind antique stuff, the remnants of the past, so it works as a theme. "Ruins" and "War" are not the same. you can get "War" if you want.

Ok, my general ideas for a region would be:

>Diverse
>New

Can't think of a third one atm, but these are my thoughts on the above two.

>Diverse
I'd like a region made up of different islands, much like the region in Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs. But with each one having something special about it. A frozen mountain range, a volcano, tropical beaches, a desert, big cities, ruins, ect.

>New
The region is newly discovered and, as such, is untouched by modern-day man. There would be signs of ancient civilizations though, with ruins, cave-paintings and the like.

edit: These we're much longer, but I forgot we aren't making a game. :(

Keeper of Night said:

>Diverse
>New

>Diverse
I'd like a region made up of different islands, much like the region in Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs. But with each one having something special about it. A frozen mountain range, a volcano, tropical beaches, a desert, big cities, ruins, ect.

>New
The region is newly discovered and, as such, is untouched by modern-day man. There would be signs of ancient civilizations though, with ruins, cave-paintings and the like.

Maybe we're not making a game, but I think we should decide on a storyline and such. Especially if certain Pokemon are involved in the story or events that are specific to a location.

RE: Let's Do the 7th Generation Ourselves! SIGN-UPS OPEN UNTIL JAN. 10

'>New
The region is newly discovered and, as such, is untouched by modern-day man. There would be signs of ancient civilizations though, with ruins, cave-paintings and the like. '

Gyms weren't built in a day. /crappy joke

I don't think you should actually have a deadline for signups. This is more a community project, than a design your own region comp. We should have a more 'anyone can help when possible'. Having a defined team restricts others from joining when the project is in its later stages, where we make stats, movepools and maybe even new items.

'>New
The region is newly discovered and, as such, is untouched by modern-day man. There would be signs of ancient civilizations though, with ruins, cave-paintings and the like. '

Gyms weren't built in a day. /crappy joke

If you mean "What about gyms?" then I'm afraid that's a part I took out. Oops.
There wouldn't be "Gym Leaders", but more like... Area Masters?
Leaders for a specific area of the region that you couldn't pass unless you could prove to them that you could handle the dangers ahead.

edit: And I have to agree that it doesn't make sense to close signups. It's a community project... right? Or at least not so soon?
If we do ever split into "teams" just add newcomers to a team. If we don't split into teams... Then there really isn't any problem. :p

Are you going to add a poll? What will we do after choosing a concept?

Lord Fletchling said:
Are you going to add a poll? What will we do after choosing a concept?

Move on to actually going into the details of the concept, most likely.
Time, new and diversity are extremely ambiguous.

I would be willing to participate with ideas. I can't even draw stick figures well, but I can at least come up with concepts and work with those who are skilled in drawing. If I'm really needed to, I can try to sketch ideas. I'm just warning you that most of them will look either like a blob or Turtwig. This could be fun! I'll add my ideas later.

Keeper of Night said:

>Diverse
>New

>Diverse

>New

"Diverse" is good, mayne "diversity" or "Variety" are better.
If you can't think of a third one, don't worry, we'll have more than enough.

By your description of "new", that's practically "nature" with a hint of "ruins", at least as it seems to me. But it seems broad enough.

evilpacman said:
Maybe we're not making a game, but I think we should decide on a storyline and such. Especially if certain Pokemon are involved in the story or events that are specific to a location.

A storyline seems too complicated, locations could be referenced on pokemon we design and legendaries instead of the other way around.

I couldn't make the poll, didn't see any option. But I'll remove the deadline, my intention was to keep people from stopping by, throw a couple of haphazard ideas and go away, it might make things go a little out of hand.

By your description of "new", that's practically "nature" with a hint of "ruins", at least as it seems to me. But it seems broad enough.

Well... Unlike "Nature" there are no (or very, very little) other people besides the ones who recently decided to live in the region. As such, the pokémon would be more wild and uncertain what to do about the strange people in their land.

"Diverse" can be called whatever, I just couldn't think of another name for it. But "Variety" sounds good as well.

I can help out. Probably not in the final art department but I'll still make some things, maybe some cards for it if we'd like that

Guys, please pay attention to the fact that it doesn't matter what the name of the theme is. Have you known Pokemon to just go ahead and say, at the end of the game 'and the moral of the story is -----'.

I think a concept is more important than a title.

EDIT: In a completely unrelated note:
Region Name, Tiome. (If were going off of time). Yey for adding slapping o into the concept name.

WanderingWolf said:
Guys, please pay attention to the fact that it doesn't matter what the name of the theme is. Have you known Pokemon to just go ahead and say, at the end of the game 'and the moral of the story is -----'.

At first we were talking about a concept, but I don't know what were they talking about since they started criticizing the name of the concepts.

Kind of useful to know what everyone is talking about though. :/

Maybe so, but saying Diverse theme is just as good as saying Variety theme.

WanderingWolf said:
Maybe so, but saying Diverse theme is just as good as saying Variety theme.

Then what is our Pokémon going to be about?
How can we make a poll?

I updated the OP (as will happen from now on) with the options so far; note that is not necessary for everyone to have 3 options, you can have 1, 2, 3, or none, even.

I couldn't make a poll, but for now we won't have to vote anything, let's give it some more time so people won't come with ideas and find out important decisions were already made.

I must clarify something, too. For now, theme is not the region, its name, storyline, landmarks or whatever. It's just a word that evokes ideas, and gives consistency to all our future designs, it should be as broad, vague and abstract as possible, because from there we'll have to get at least half of all our pokemon. You don't want all pokemon being variations of the same thing, don't you?

I would really like the legendaries to have mysterious but cool backstories. The Regis and the Lunar Duo are good examples of this.

Reggie McGigas said:
I would really like the legendaries to have mysterious but cool backstories. The Regis and the Lunar Duo are good examples of this.

I like that, keep it in mind, you could be in the team that designs the main legends.

Can everyone interested send me a PM saying what they can do (drawing, design, movepools, stats, etc), what they would like to do (ex: starters, legendaries, regular pokemon, recurrent pokemon like rattata, etc.) so I can start organizing things and making teams? Suggestions on how to proceed with votings, reunions and teams will be very welcome too.

If someone can PM me with some links to art DL's to make some nice stuff or commonly used art tools via the web I'd get started on some stuff, also, if I'm ever needed send me a PM, I can help on design, move ideas, names, etc etc.. I would like to do a bit of everything just need a lead to start on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back