Let's Do the 7th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Let's Do the 7th Generation Ourselves! SIGN-UPS OPEN

WanderingWolf said:
professorlight said:
Let's see how the others feel about it.

I think you guys are overthinking it, and this concept is turning into an open world game (I don't consider Pokémon open world, because it isn't).

You're going a bit overboard with the different maps, islands and pokemon being available in each time period.

The islands can be skipped altogether.
Even the time travel could be.
But brainstorming is good, and it's kind of a cool idea.

Maybe it's a little much though, you're right.
Three different set times and just one (singular, whole) region may fix that.

I might be jumping in already, but I think that Regigigas, Druddigon, and Galvantula need mega evolutions

Reggie McGigas said:
I might be jumping in already, but I think that Regigigas, Druddigon, and Galvantula need mega evolutions

FTFY.
You wouldn't believe how sad I was when we didn't find Galvantulite. My second favourite Pokémon needs a mega. Badly.

Am I the only one that doesn't want a war in the past, present, or future? I know the idea is cool and all, but it's been in the games before and I think it's just repetitive. We need a new theme if we're making our own game.

Turtwig said:
Am I the only one that doesn't want a war in the past, present, or future? I know the idea is cool and all, but it's been in the games before and I think it's just repetitive. We need a new theme if we're making our own game.

...There was a war in the other games?
Other then Lt. Surge and the musketeers, I wasn't aware...

XY Keeper, XY.
I don't think a war or time are good ideas anymore. We should focus on the present.

Lord Fletchling said:
XY Keeper, XY.

Oh, the past war that turned the pokémon to stone. derp.

War doesn't need to be involved, I'm all for that. But I'm still sticking to the time idea. It's my favorite so far.

Keeper of Night said:

There were battles in Hoenn between Team Aqua and Team Magma. XY had a past war with AZ in it. I'm just not wanting one anymore.

I think it's overused.

Time is alright, but I feel like we should choose Past or Future.

Turtwig said:
Keeper of Night said:

There were battles in Hoenn between Team Aqua and Team Magma. XY had a past war with AZ in it. I'm just not wanting one anymore.

I think it's overused.

That wasn't a war in Hoenn though. Just the bad guy teams being stupid and trying to call the legendary pokémon to their sides.

Keeper of Night said:
That wasn't a war in Hoenn though. Just the bad guy teams being stupid and trying to call the legendary pokémon to their sides.

Well aside from out disagreement (it was a war for them), I think that time could be interesting for a region. Just remember not to turn it into something Dialga- or Celebi-related. There are already two legendaries that fit with time.

I would also love to see how tradition goes in a manner of Pokemon. I'm hoping this means we will have more animals that are directly based on their habitats for types.

I feel like a heavy tradition theme may work out. Also, I'd like to see a region where the Villain team is planning to take over the past or something.

WanderingWolf said:
professorlight said:
Let's see how the others feel about it.

I think you guys are overthinking it, and this concept is turning into an open world game (I don't consider Pokémon open world, because it isn't).

You're going a bit overboard with the different maps, islands and pokemon being available in each time period.

Perhaps, but we're not designing the game, so it's of no consequence, really.

Turtwig said:

None of the previous games has "war" as a theme, if I'm not mistaken. Plot point is an entirely different thing, and conflict between teams and the player is pretty much expected for pokemon.
turtwig < war

Lord Fletchling said:
XY Keeper, XY.
I don't think a war or time are good ideas anymore. We should focus on the present.

LF < war < time

Keeper of Night said:
Lord Fletchling said:
XY Keeper, XY.

Oh, the past war that turned the pokémon to stone. derp.

War doesn't need to be involved, I'm all for that. But I'm still sticking to the time idea. It's my favorite so far.

keeper < war

Lord Fletchling said:
Time is alright, but I feel like we should choose Past or Future.

LF > time > past or future

And I agree with this, after consideration; just two time periods is enough, so present-past or present-future

Moi > time > past or future

Turtwig said:
Keeper of Night said:

Well aside from out disagreement (it was a war for them), I think that time could be interesting for a region. Just remember not to turn it into something Dialga- or Celebi-related. There are already two legendaries that fit with time.

I would also love to see how tradition goes in a manner of Pokemon. I'm hoping this means we will have more animals that are directly based on their habitats for types.

Don't worry, we shouldn't give old pokemon too much protagonism, brand new time pokemon.

turtwig > time > tradition

And this is just a suggestion, so don't take it too seriously; if we go with time> past or future, the two legendaries could be related specifically to past and present, or future and present; in other words, the two legendaries are the exact same pokemon in two different times, how's that for a twist?

I was thinking "the two legendaries are the exact same Pokemon in two different times" as I read your last paragraph..and then read what I was thinking :p

I actually like that idea. Maybe it can be the Pokemon in two different forms because of changes over time affecting the region more so than usual. With time, I strongly suggest past and present.

When I was talking about war, I meant in the story mode, so my bad for not realizing we're not doing the story line! I still don't think "war" is as good a theme as the others that have been mentioned, but I'll accept it if that's the theme we're going with. Fairies versus Dragons!

War was actually one of many we included as part of the past-present-future theme, so it was not essential.

Also, guys:

professorlight said:
Can everyone interested send me a PM saying what they can do (drawing, design, movepools, stats, etc), what they would like to do (ex: starters, legendaries, regular pokemon, recurrent pokemon like rattata, etc.) so I can start organizing things and making teams? Suggestions on how to proceed with votings, reunions and teams will be very welcome too.

I'm still missing some of you, I need that info so I can make balanced, self-sufficient teams.

Of course. Just send me a PM with the requested information.

I'll post the teams shortly, as well as the options for voting.

Well, the teams are finally ready:

- Turtwig - Blossombranch - Shiny goodra
- Keeper of Night - Evilpacman - Wandering Wolf
- Moi - His goominess - Blui
- Lord Fletchling - Eron - Reggie

And the team rules too:

- The teams can communicate through PM, or make a quicktopic, if you know how to (if you know, tell the rest)
- The teams are of 3 people so they can vote internally without conflict.
- Each team can consult with other people or teams for suggestions, critiques, etc. This is not a competition.
- Everybody on the team designs, and I mean everybody. You may not draw, but you must give input to your partners. So please no "I only do movesets/ideas/drawings" business. Everybody gives ideas, and those who can, draw. those who can, give stats. and those who can, make movepools.
- At the discretion of each team, they will present their designs to the rest when they think they're ready (I'd suggest not letting much time pass between reviews. A week is good, a month, too much), and the reamaining teams can give input and, ultimately, vote on whether or not to finish work on it and move on to another pokemon. If there is a review going on, don't present your team's design until that review is finished.

All this will be in the OP; always check there for the latest developments and review notices.

Now, to the good part: VOTING THE THEME
We have:

-"The future"
-"Ruins"
-"Nature"
-"Activity"
-"War"
-"Variety"
-"New"
-"Changes"
-"Technology"
-"Tradition/New"
-"Opposites"

And we have our wild card, the theme that encompasses most of the others; "time", an "ocarina of time" mechanic including time travel to the past / future where we can include "The future", "Nature", "Ruins", "Time", "New", -"Changes", -"Technology" and -"Tradition/New", pretty much all the themes.

So, the voting is open.

I'll vote for three of the themes in order,

1 - Time
2 - Tradition/New
3 - Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back