Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Let's Do the 7th Generation Ourselves! SIGN-UPS OPEN

WanderingWolf said:
I'll vote for three of the themes in order,

1 - Time
2 - Tradition/New
3 - Changes

Only one vote, please. Also, should "time" actually be "time travel"? how could "time" be implemented?

I vote for TIME TRAVEL.

Team, send me a PM, we'll discuss in the morning.

professorlight said:
WanderingWolf said:
I'll vote for three of the themes in order,

1 - Time
2 - Tradition/New
3 - Changes

Only one vote, please. Also, should "time" actually be "time travel"? how could "time" be implemented?

I vote for TIME TRAVEL.

I voted for them in order, so my first vote is Time. Time I just an intergration of past and the future, and time travel is just adding onto time...

so,

VOTE: TIME TRAVEL

I'd love to be apart of something so cool :)
Although.. I have no idea what I would be good at. :p

VOTE: THE FUTURE

I missed many things....

How could we do time travel? I can. See how if we were actually making this a game but not if we're merely designing mons, a region and other stuff.

Blui said:
How could we do time travel? I can. See how if we were actually making this a game but not if we're merely designing mons, a region and other stuff.

You never know, we could actually get someone to program this game slowly :p

But, the theme is more for the pokemon designs, region style (ruins, technology and such) and the other stuff you were talking about. Concept and theme has a lot to do with mere gameplay.

I'd like to sign up too. I'm not too much of a good artist, but I can sure come up with stats and movepools. Making sketches / early designs is something I can do, though.

Also, can I vote for the theme now? If I can, my vote goes for time travel.

Shiny Dragonite said:
I'd love to be apart of something so cool :)
Although.. I have no idea what I would be good at. :p

Pineapple X said:
I'd like to sign up too. I'm not too much of a good artist, but I can sure come up with stats and movepools. Making sketches / early designs is something I can do, though.

Also, can I vote for the theme now? If I can, my vote goes for time travel.

You two are a team now. If someone else joins, it'll be on your team as well, and if someone else does after that, it will join other team; we'll see.

Your votes?

And blui, the game mechanics can influence the design of the pokemon; we don't need to have the whole game and region mapped up, but it helps to know what the theme means for the hypotetical game (if it does mean anything). Pokemon don't exist on a vaccum; they have a context. All of them.

Turtwig, where are you at? Do you agree with our team choice?

My team is... Lord F. and Reggie.. great!!!

EDIT: Who can make a QT or something?

Just a proposal, but why don't we have rounds where each team creates a particular pokemon (like something that has to be a lightning monkey) and then a week or two later we all post our team's entries in the thread and vote on which one we want for that spot.

Haunted Water said:
I REQUEST ADMITTANCE AT ONCE!!

YOU GOT IT!!

YOU DON'T HAVE TO YELL!!

YOU ARE WITH DRAGONITE AND PINAPPLE X!!

YOU... Oh, wait.

Ehem. Your vote?

Blui said:
Just a proposal, but why don't we have rounds where each team creates a particular pokemon (like something that has to be a lightning monkey) and then a week or two later we all post our team's entries in the thread and vote on which one we want for that spot.

Because we'll never make a whole generation if every team is designing the same pokemon; and that system is not exactly foolproof; if everyone votes for the pokemon their team made what happens then? it's better for everyone to do different things and the other teams to offer advice, and we'll go faster that way (and with less competition).

Keeper of Night said:
So... Who's the artist on my team?
Pacman?

I think so. But wandering wolf can draw too, so I'll leave you guys to sort it out.

Note that ideally, each member should draw to show its ideas; but those who draw better should be the ones in charge of making the "official" art to be criticized by the rest of the teams,

For example, "make its ears bigger" it's fine as a suggestion or an idea, but "I was thinking a big, pink pterosaur with a flaming tail and some blue patterns" is waaaay too complicated; so in that case it's better to draw it and show it, in order to prevent confusion.

professorlight said:
Haunted Water said:
I REQUEST ADMITTANCE AT ONCE!!

YOU GOT IT!!

YOU DON'T HAVE TO YELL!!

YOU ARE WITH DRAGONITE AND PINAPPLE X!!

YOU... Oh, wait.

Ehem. Your vote?

Blui said:

Because we'll never make a whole generation if every team is designing the same pokemon; and that system is not exactly foolproof; if everyone votes for the pokemon their team made what happens then? it's better for everyone to do different things and the other teams to offer advice, and we'll go faster that way (and with less competition).

Well then, teams of three isn't full-proof. Again, just make it so teams can't vote for their own design. There's 6 (?) teams, so its not like there's a huge chance of a tie, and if there is, we decide later, when other pokemon are done, and we have more experience with deciding which design is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back