Let's Do the 7th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Let's Do the 7th Generation Ourselves! SIGN-UPS OPEN

Or, instead of the plesiosaur, have a few lines of ice-age fossils, replacing the ever-present Rock typing with Ice.

So, a wolly mammoth pokémon, from a fossil, would be Ice/??? (Ground? Grass?)
A saber tooth cat pokémon could be Ice/??? (Dark? Electric?)
ect.

Of course, then we could find a way to make an Ice/Fire type.

Lord Fletchling said:
I like that Idea, but you need an island devoid of both, the Wuji, right?
It's Fire/Ice, WW.

Yeah, and they must travel and fight a lot, because I hate to get legendaries easily.

Maybe they could be a legendary trio? It would be a thought.

Woolly Mammoth : Ice/Grass
Sabertooth Cat : Ice/Electric
Plesiosaur : Ice/Fire : Trio Master

Maybe the two could be Roamers, and the trio master can be battled after catching them?

Lord Fletchling said:
Maybe they could be a legendary trio? It would be a thought.

Woolly Mammoth : Ice/Grass
Sabertooth Cat : Ice/Electric
Plesiosaur : Ice/Fire : Trio Master

?

The Ice trio?
But let's just put Plesiosaur in another trio or just alone,because Ice trio is already taken: Tao Trio
Or Make the other two another type?

Guys, maybe not take 10 posts to determine whether we want to make a single pokemon. Can we determine a theme, region layout and a few other things first?

EDIT: Also, Fletchling, is that all you got from my post?

People, please, let's not get carried away

Here, you can start from here:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-ideas-for-future-pokémon-generations

WanderingWolf said:
I have about 30 something ideas for pokemon (not drawn, but basic descriptions of types, appearance, stats and stuff) made up from before Gen 6 was announced.

Although, I have an idea:

Peaceful and Chaotic. Basically, there are two islands in the shape of a Yin Yang. These island are completely separated by a river, with very few bridges that are rarely used to cross to the other island. The two dots are large lakes.

Taken from Wikipedia:
'Yin and yang can be thought of as complementary (instead of opposing) forces interacting to form a dynamic system in which the whole is greater than the parts. Everything has both yin and yang aspects, (for instance shadow cannot exist without light). Either of the two major aspects may manifest more strongly in a particular object, depending on the criterion of the observation.'

Chaotic and peaceful are two very wholistic adjectives to describe life at any moment. Chaos and peace are very dependant on each other to not stray to far to one side.

One island is the chaotic, technological, slightly war-ridden island, and the other island is more peaceful, still at its roots and one with nature.

Types of pokemon could be referred to as elements, and every single element is both chaotic and peaceful.

Its a very loose theme, but I hope its good.

It's good, it's so good that chaos/order was used in XY, and nature/artificial in black/white.

Lord Fletchling said:
I updated my post.

I see, let's keep Plesiosaur in the trio, but what if they are:
Ice/Fire
Electric/Rock
Fighting/Ground

professorlight said:

WanderingWolf said:
I have about 30 something ideas for pokemon (not drawn, but basic descriptions of types, appearance, stats and stuff) made up from before Gen 6 was announced.

Peaceful and Chaotic. Basically, there are two islands in the shape of a Yin Yang. These island are completely separated by a river, with very few bridges that are rarely used to cross to the other island. The two dots are large lakes.

Taken from Wikipedia:
'Yin and yang can be thought of as complementary (instead of opposing) forces interacting to form a dynamic system in which the whole is greater than the parts. Everything has both yin and yang aspects, (for instance shadow cannot exist without light). Either of the two major aspects may manifest more strongly in a particular object, depending on the criterion of the observation.'

Chaotic and peaceful are two very wholistic adjectives to describe life at any moment. Chaos and peace are very dependant on each other to not stray to far to one side.

One island is the chaotic, technological, slightly war-ridden island, and the other island is more peaceful, still at its roots and one with nature.

Types of pokemon could be referred to as elements, and every single element is both chaotic and peaceful.

It's good, it's so good that chaos/order was used in XY, and nature/artificial in black/white.
Then shall we start from the Initials?

professorlight said:

WanderingWolf said:

Taken from Wikipedia:

I didn't really consider those the main themes of those games though... Okay.

@professorlight What should we do or start from?
What if you make a list of signed-up people?

The list is already on the OP, along with some stuff on how sugimori and company do design, pay attention to when he says that they sometimes start with a general idea, or a cool move, or ability, or whatever. There are many roads that lead to rome, guys, but we have to go through them in order.

As for now, how about we each make up to three ideas for theme? not region or anything, just an overall theme for the generation, say... "changes", as I thought on the new generation thread. that's the objective for now; a general idea, vague on purpose so as to not constrain ourselves too much.

-Natural Disasters
-Introducing a new type
-The Future

Like this,no?

aw. And I just did the best drawing of a region lol

hmm...

Heavy focus on the Past - Ruins everywhere. You know that great war they spoke of in X/Y? What if this region was affected, but now nature is returning. Heavy focus on things like Fossils, and Pokémon like Honedge can be found. Maybe that legendary trio?
Bustling with Activity - A region heavily focused on modernisation. The cities would be well developed. Multiple artificial Pokémon.
Nature EVERYWHERE - Mostly Villages and small towns. The X/Y war happened and destroyed the place. Nature has taken hold.

Lord Fletchling said:

hmm...

Heavy focus on the Past - Ruins everywhere. You know that great war they spoke of in X/Y? What if this region was affected, but now nature is returning. Heavy focus on things like Fossils, and Pokémon like Honedge can be found. Maybe that legendary trio?
Bustling with Activity - A region heavily focused on modernisation. The cities would be well developed. Multiple artificial Pokémon.
Nature EVERYWHERE - Mostly Villages and small towns. The X/Y war happened and destroyed the place. Nature has taken hold.

The Heavy Focus on the Past sounds great. I still want to see your pokémon!

Eron said:
-Natural Disasters
-Introducing a new type
-The Future

Like this,no?

I like "the future", there's definitely something there. "Introducing a new type" is a new mechanic, and "natural disasters" is too restrictive, I think, it's more as a concept for a pokemon, or a move,so remember it for later, it has some potential.

Lord Fletchling said:

hmm...

Make "Heavy focus on the past" into just "ruins" and we're golden. "Nature" is good too, as is "activity".

The themes should speak for themselves, they must bring the ideas to each of us, that's why we're starting here.

How can I put one of those voting things in the thread? so we can all vote for stuff.

We could just have a theme on time in general.
Part of the region is heavily affected by the past and is over the mountains of Kalos, and the other part is heavily modernised, populated and dependant on technology.

With the amount of different ideas suggesting X and Y, it would be a point to side this new region with Kalos, like Kanto and Johto (although, not have a game with both regions together).

EDIT:
'Make "Heavy focus on the past" into just "ruins" and we're golden. "Nature" is good too, as is "activity". '

Hang on a second, you just critisiced my idea because nature was used in BW, and chaos (the idea of war) was used in X and Y... but now nature everywhere, and ruins from war is good. Okay -.-

I've got plenty of ideas for Pokemon and even some story elements, however, everything is already hand drawn. I'd like to join, but I dont know if it would be useful :p

My basic storyline involves Legendary dinosaur on a unreachable island surrounded by a large wall of stone and coral in the water. The bad "team" is really just an obscure group of hitman trying to cover up a scheme in which the a popular Pokemon researcher tries to bypass the well regulated environmental laws surrounding the island making it unable for him to study the legendary that resides there. A few twists here and there and destruction of a city from a rampaging dinosaur! lol

It's meant to be a more realistic approach involving greed, corruption and conspiracy, rather than the take over the world (or change the world by questionable means) that the previous generations have given us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back