XY Kalos: Dissecting the new region.

RE: Kalos Region: Dissecting the new region.

Ysmir said:
Hey guys not all of you but some of you the post content isn't good. Let's keep the posts more elaborate, more asking questions and giving answers, than "Yeah I hope Kalos has lots of areas or it looks empty.." posts. If you think it looks empty provide theories to why those "empty" areas will be used for hidden areas and such. Not griping at anyone but I'd like to see some stuff we haven't thought of yet and those posts take up space and make it hard to follow actual discussion.

Why empty areas will be used for hidden areas? Are you serious?

I don't think they will, though, there's no distinguishable paths or landmarks anywhere near there.

Ysmir said:
At this point I am very interested in that Island Cave. I'd like for it to be much more than a legend's cave or if it is to have a story to it.

Yeah, it does look kind of out of the way and suspicious.

Ysmir said:
The town with the fountain, after it looks like some sort of Trophy/botanical gardens before you reach Lumiose City. If the pattern holds we should visit the castle town (with the 2 little buildings) fairly early in the game.

I think the garden maze is supposed to be Rt. 4, actually.

If the Mansion is the hero's house (not living in a town), then the blue building could be the lab. You would have to cross route 1 to get to the lab and obtain your first Pokemon.

Bolt the Cat said:
pokemaister899 said:
Southern Karos is pretty empty, I really hope they aren't showing us everything yet.

They could be leaving that open for expansion in the future, like DLC or XY2.

If its for a XY2/sequel, I hope they don't do that. Cutting off areas of a video game for the point of adding it in a sequel just seems really greedy of the devs in general to me. I was able to put up for it in BW2 because we got more than just new areas in that one that were worth paying 35 $, but now that Pokemon is now on the 3DS, they can do DLC, which is more acceptable in my opinion.(if its reasonably priced)

Pokequaza said:
D.N.A said:
and south east of France is the Baltic Sea, so they almost certainly won't expand into that.

The Baltic Sea is located in northern Europe, between Sweden, the Baltic States and Finland; it is the Mediterranean Sea you are looking for.

Ah my apologies :)

The more you know!

pokemaister899 said:
If its for a XY2/sequel, I hope they don't do that. Cutting off areas of a video game for the point of adding it in a sequel just seems really greedy of the devs in general to me. I was able to put up for it in BW2 because we got more than just new areas in that one that were worth paying 35 $, but now that Pokemon is now on the 3DS, they can do DLC, which is more acceptable in my opinion.(if its reasonably priced)

As long as the changes made to XY2 are meaningful, I don't really care. What I don't want to see is XY2 to be like BW2, where mid game felt almost exactly the same as BW1 because of too few changes in storyline path and distribution.

Anyway, I don't think Kalos really needs those areas at this point, the region is plenty large and explorable right now.

Railroad
h7KUgon.jpg

Speculation
ONjfu6q.jpg

Subway map
Pok%C3%A9mon-Black-White-Battle-Subway-Map.png

???

Hahahaha, no.

Unova is likely nowhere near Kalos, assuming its location is analogous to the real world (which they've followed so far), Unova is far west of Kalos, across the ocean. We probably won't be going there in XY.

Also, the coastlines don't match up. If they were meant to fit together like that, Anville Town would be very close to the sea.

Not sure if this was mentioned before but Luminose City, the garden extending south to the palace really reminds me of how the Palace at Versailles is like.

For those wondering this is what the said gardens look like. I won't deny it does appear there is some similarities between the two.

Versailles_gardens.jpg

Flygon2071 said:
If the Mansion is the hero's house (not living in a town), then the blue building could be the lab. You would have to cross route 1 to get to the lab and obtain your first Pokemon.

*terraced houses.

Bolt the Cat said:
Hahahaha, no.

Unova is likely nowhere near Kalos, assuming its location is analogous to the real world (which they've followed so far), Unova is far west of Kalos, across the ocean. We probably won't be going there in XY.

Also, the coastlines don't match up. If they were meant to fit together like that, Anville Town would be very close to the sea.

Unova doesnt resemble its real world counterpart though, so there is no saying.

I've been thinking for a long time that gens 6,7,.. would be grouped with Unova as the non-Japan based regions, just like gens 1-4 feel like a group.
(which might even be evident later if the common pokes are Frillish, Roggenrola etc instead of Tentacool, Geodude etc.)

That said, we of course 100% will not visit Unova, even if gamefreak had the idea of making the french region be located north of unova in the pokemon world.
I do find it curious that they extend north/south respectively, and it might easily be intended.

Here's my hypothesis on how you progress in the region. EDIT: I updated the map to make it more clean, the text more legible, and a few changes to include stuff.

Kalosregiontheory-1.jpg

Mitja said:
Bolt the Cat said:
Hahahaha, no.

I've been thinking for a long time that gens 6,7,.. would be grouped with Unova as the non-Japan based regions, just like gens 1-4 feel like a group.
(which might even be evident later if the common pokes are Frillish, Roggenrola etc instead of Tentacool, Geodude etc.)

I've been thinking of this too. Unova doesn't resemble the real
world counterpart aldo it's based of NYC.

While I don't really have a problem if they don't put regions close
together, I do wonder why they would put Unova so far from
Kanto, Johto etc. and Kalos again further away.
I think they are somehow connected and would like to see it.

--For Kalos region I'd like to see that there is multiple ways of
going from place to place or more of thinking involved.
I remember when I played red for the 1st time and I had
soo much trouble getting past that Snorlax, or when you had
to go from one town to another, then back again and you get
another clue how to get past something.
Unova was for me too much like: just go here, now here, now here...
:p

Amphy23 said:
Here's my hypothesis on how you progress in the region.

Kalosregiontheory.jpg

The only place you didn't visit is the south west and I think there would be more post game stuff than that, but then again there are those clouds and who knows what's under them.

Mitja said:

I didn't say it resembled its real world counterpart. Its location relative to other real world locations does seem to, however. Unova, like New York, is very far away from the Japanese regions. And based on the fact that they're resetting the route numbers practically proves that Kalos will be placed in a similar location relative to France. Meaning that Kalos will likely be far away from all past regions, it won't be adjacent to any existing region and we more than likely will not be traveling to any of those regions in this game unless it's by boat or plane (which is still unlikely). When we get regions based on New England, the Mid Atlantic (New Jersey, Philadelphia, Baltimore, D.C.), Canada, Spain, U.K., or anything remotely near New York or France, then we'll talk about such regions being associated with Unova or Kalos.

The City with the huge tower will probably be the Capital of the region, and it seems like it has some comparisons to Castelia City in Unova, which also is a very big city.
It seems that all the directions in this new City leads to the tower in the middle, just like in Castelia City, where you could go through four Streets and end up in the same central area.
There also seems to be a good variation with desert, islands, and water, so I'm very excited to explore it.

Volcarona said:
The City with the huge tower will probably be the Capital of the region, and it seems like it has some comparisons to Castelia City in Unova, which also is a very big city.
It seems that all the directions in this new City leads to the tower in the middle, just like in Castelia City, where you could go through four Streets and end up in the same central area.
There also seems to be a good variation with desert, islands, and water, so I'm very excited to explore it.

That city is known as Lumiose City, and yes, it's basically the central hub and largest city of Kalos.

A lot of interesting stuff on the map. I find the small snowy area really weird because it's so small and narrow. I bet the five red towers castle are actually Pokemon League.

Edit: And a lot of rivers, jeez.

Back