XY Kalos: Dissecting the new region.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Kalos Region: Dissecting the new region.

Flys Gone 2071 said:
@Woohooitsme There were cars in BW/BW2 (in Sky Arrow Bridge) so I don't believe that we might actually be able to use them. Roller Blades look cool but after Gogoat I believe that we might actually have lots of way of transportation. Maybe having both, roller blades and bike.

Also, in BW2, you can see a car in a driveway in Floccesy Town.

leecario

let's be alone together

Blob55 said:
Flys Gone 2071 said:
@Woohooitsme There were cars in BW/BW2 (in Sky Arrow Bridge) so I don't believe that we might actually be able to use them. Roller Blades look cool but after Gogoat I believe that we might actually have lots of way of transportation. Maybe having both, roller blades and bike.

Also, in BW2, you can see a car in a driveway in Floccesy Town.

And moving trucks in R/S/E and FR/LG

woohooitsme83

Aspiring Trainer

The car looks like a taxi. Maybe it can take you to major spots in Lumiose City (for a price, of course!)

AdamLambert

Aspiring Potato

woohooitsme83 said:
I know most of you guys agree that Kalos is far from the the other regions, but I'm still pretty solid on the fact that Kalos and Unova are still somehow connected.

C7rjyAq.jpg

As much as I would like to see them be connected, we must remember that the route numbers in Kalos start back at 1. As did Unova.

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

woohooitsme83 said:
The car looks like a taxi. Maybe it can take you to major spots in Lumiose City (for a price, of course!)

If you look at that particular part, the man in the car is waiting for the player girl to approach. It's quite obvious that you now have the option to become a prostitute.

AdamLambert

Aspiring Potato

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but in the south-central part of Kalos, there isn't much there. I assume it will be developed in the '3rd version', just like in BW2

Mitja

veteran smartass

Does anyone think they'll go back to making simpler third versions?
I think they'll only improve on the "sequel" concept after bw2 did this logical step, instead of going back to the lazier way.

So Id even suggest they might get the lower half of France involved for the later games somehow instead of just adding places on the current map O:
That would clash with the "french-flag-region areas" of the Kalos dex, but I wouldn't be surprised if gamefreak came up with some interesting twist on that.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Mitja said:
I think they'll only improve on the "sequel" concept after bw2 did this logical step, instead of going back to the lazier way.

So Id even suggest they might get the lower half of France involved for the later games somehow instead of just adding places on the current map O:

That would clash with the "french-flag-region areas" of the Kalos dex, but I wouldn't be surprised if gamefreak came up with some interesting twist on that.

We may see more of Southern France in post game of XY, but I do agree that the southern areas are probably going to be developed more in XY2. As for the "French flag", maybe they can turn it into a star?

Mitja

veteran smartass

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:

We may see more of Southern France in post game of XY, but I do agree that the southern areas are probably going to be developed more in XY2. As for the "French flag", maybe they can turn it into a star?

something like that yeah.
The shape in the pokedex certainly looks like it could be improved somehow

All I could come up is this:
28496524.jpg

But you gave me an idea /brb.

EDIT:
24587545.jpg

Like this perhaps?
That would allow for 2 new areas, but coast and mountains covers pretty much everything lol.

Pokequaza

Aspiring Trainer

Mitja said:
Bolt the Cat said:

something like that yeah.
The shape in the pokedex certainly looks like it could be improved somehow

All I could come up is this:
28496524.jpg

But you gave me an idea /brb.

Fun fact: France is known as l'hexagone (the hexagon).

I don't think there will be an X2 & Y2, the choice of those two letters is just the perfect setup for a Z version. Will they expand the map in a future installment? I don't know.

DorianBlack

Tropius Rider

I think it probably depends on how long the generation is and what kind of side games and/or remakes there are. It kinda seems to me like B2W2 were made into full expanded sequels rather than a single "definitive version" because they knew from the start that the generation was going to me short and wouldn't have any remakes or even very many side games to its name. It would have been an even leaner generation than it turned out to be if they hadn't gone all out with the follow-up to BW.

Generation VI, on the other hand, is probably going to get a lot more focus, and a lot more games to its name. There's still a possibility we'll end up with sequels regardless of how many side games there are, but I think going back to a third version is more likely (and if RSE remakes happen, it's almost a certainty).

M.E.T.A.G.R.O.S.S.

Aspiring Trainer

Does anyone here think that maybe there will be hidden places not shown in the artwork, like underground caverns? (looking at you, Clay Tunnel...)

EDIT: In case you're asking, I am aware that the Clay Tunnel is only accessible after beating Iris.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

M.E.T.A.G.R.O.S.S. said:
Does anyone here think that maybe there will be hidden places not shown in the artwork, like underground caverns? (looking at you, Clay Tunnel...)

EDIT: In case you're asking, I am aware that the Clay Tunnel is only accessible after beating Iris.

Besides what's being covered up in the clouds?

It's always possible, but I don't think so. I think what we can see now is enough.

TheGuy

Member since '09

There will always be stuff we don't see in the maps, I don't think there's been time ever when they gave us a map and it showed us everything. There's probably something under the clouds too. Underground caverns I think would be pretty interesting. I don't think we'll get them though, it just doesn't seem like something Game Freak would do again. (If you count 4th Gen Underground)

Ysmir

Retired Mod

Here is to hoping tomorrow's E3 Presentation gets us another look at the region. So far we got one city and it's the major hub-like city of the game where lots no doubt will happen. But I'd like a second look at more of it and hopefully we get that cause this is gotta be one of the more uniquely shaped regions we have seen in Pokemon.

FT10

Aspiring Trainer

If, according to the info revealed today, Santalune City (the city with the fountain where the player sits on a bench) is the location of the first gym, where do you guys think the starting town (Vaniville Town) is?

Kyogreman

Aspiring Trainer

Based on the roofs in the new footage I believe that the starting town (Vainiville Town) is the bottom town in the middle of the map and Stantalune City is the one directly above it just south of the garden looking thing leading to Lumiose City.

Thoran

Aspiring Trainer

AdamLambert said:
woohooitsme83 said:
I know most of you guys agree that Kalos is far from the the other regions, but I'm still pretty solid on the fact that Kalos and Unova are still somehow connected.

C7rjyAq.jpg

As much as I would like to see them be connected, we must remember that the route numbers in Kalos start back at 1. As did Unova.

well i actually think he's right about them being connected however i don't necessarily think all the reagions are connected by subway. also the map from BW2 also lines up well with the Kalos region just with a few more cities added so a subway from anville town to the kalos region is possible. also in BW2 once you completed the unova dex you were able to use skyla's plane to get to an island so why not another region? also the royal unova boat can take you to other regions and still be a battle cruise. on top of that if you look at coastal kalos you see a harbor town with a potential boat to that cave island so who says that cave island is the only destination? there are multiple ways the regions can be connected so don't count them out yet.

leecario

let's be alone together

If you're going to use planes as an example then you'd be able to get to any region, and they would never do that