XY Kalos: Dissecting the new region.

RE: Kalos Region: Dissecting the new region.

I really hate the Mars place, just seems so out of place when lush green plains abruptly turn into desert. Also, I updated my last post with a new picture.

Amphy23 said:
I really hate the Mars place, just seems so out of place when lush green plains abruptly turn into desert. Also, I updated my last post with a new picture.

Strangely, the "Mars place" reminds me of Pokémon Colo and XD.

That lab on the west coast could easily be the PokeTransfer Lab. It certainly looks like it. It's isolated. And you could easily create some barrier in the cave system so that you can't access it until postgame.
What do you guys think will be the strange house in this game?

I'm not saying that I believe that this is true, and I too know that there will be only one region in the game, but I'm just bringing some more speculation to the table.
6IYrYco.png

Trainerhan1 said:
I'm not saying that I believe that this is true, and I too know that there will be only one region in the game, but I'm just bringing some more speculation to the table.
6IYrYco.png

Interesting but I suppose that it means to another region connected to them not all of them. Unless it gets it to the airport (or port) to export the cargo to the other regions.

Trainerhan1 said:
6IYrYco.png

While it's possible that train models could be used in other regions, the actual train lines would not connect to other known regions. Unova is separated from the first four (and probably Kalos) by miles of ocean.

There are a few places I'm curious about, like that small group of unknown islands on the northern shore, the GIANT mountain on the east side of the map, that graveyard stone henge looking thing, I'd also like to believe that isolated Disney Land is the E4, the place below it that connects via cave is Victory Road.

They say kalos will have three central areas: cost, main, and mountain.

What if the image we have is just of the main area and that the mountain area is to the north and northeast and the coast is to the south

Agent9149 said:
They say kalos will have three central areas: cost, main, and mountain.

What if the image we have is just of the main area and that the mountain area is to the north and northeast and the coast is to the south

because the pokedex has a star-shaped symbol to indicate which part of Kalos the pokemon lives in, and there are the sides and middle, so unless there's more kalos pokedexes...

Also, they typically show off the most or all of the areas you can explore in the main game.

If you look at the right middle of the image, at that blue bridge-like structure, doesn't that seem like a Cycling Road similar to Sinnoh?

Firemaker said:
If you look at the right middle of the image, at that blue bridge-like structure, doesn't that seem like a Cycling Road similar to Sinnoh?

I don't think so. Besides, it's weird to have a cycling road underground (it's connected to underground). I honestly think it's a railroad, maybe an abandoned railroad because it doesn't look active to me.

Does anyone know what pokemon smash was referring to when they were looking at parts of the region Map on yesterday's show?

D.N.A said:
Remember they can't really expand much beyond the borders of the current map, as they'd be heading into new countries (already the top right seems to be set in Belgium), and south east of France is the Baltic Sea, so they almost certainly won't expand into that. They could go SW into Spain, or possibly NW and introduce the UK (in XY2, at least), but for this game I'd be surprised if there was any more besides a bit of a mountain range in the south.

They could just expand Kalos to include the southern half of France, seeing as it only includes the northern half. No problems there.

Found this on the net to illustrate this: http://i.imgur.com/b2VGFBJ.png
Lots of room left.

iTeruri said:
D.N.A said:
Remember they can't really expand much beyond the borders of the current map, as they'd be heading into new countries (already the top right seems to be set in Belgium), and south east of France is the Baltic Sea, so they almost certainly won't expand into that. They could go SW into Spain, or possibly NW and introduce the UK (in XY2, at least), but for this game I'd be surprised if there was any more besides a bit of a mountain range in the south.

They could just expand Kalos to include the southern half of France, seeing as it only includes the northern half. No problems there.

Lots of room left.

That is extremely interesting. If you look closely the stone formation is in the same place as the area with the cornac stones

iTeruri said:
D.N.A said:

Lots of room left.

didn't you see the stars in the pokedex? if they expanded, then they would have to change the pokedex, and would likely have to add more kalos sections in the dex. it would make more sense for them to do that in some kind of XY2 or something

FloodBadge said:
iTeruri said:

Lots of room left.

didn't you see the stars in the pokedex? if they expanded, then they would have to change the pokedex, and would likely have to add more kalos sections in the dex. it would make more sense for them to do that in some kind of XY2 or something

They could expand the map, change the icons and keep the same three area's. It's not like that's a huge deal. It could be used like the normal regional/national dex expansions and extra area's becoming visible on the town map.

I don't think we'll see Kalos expanded any time soon (maybe in X2/Y2, XX/XY, W/Z, Z or whatever, like you said). I just wanted to illustrate that the Kalos region could become bigger, without including any other countries.

I know most of you guys agree that Kalos is far from the the other regions, but I'm still pretty solid on the fact that Kalos and Unova are still somehow connected.

C7rjyAq.jpg

woohooitsme83 said:
I know most of you guys agree that Kalos is far from the the other regions, but I'm still pretty solid on the fact that Kalos and Unova are still somehow connected.

C7rjyAq.jpg

Maybe, but I don't think Gamefreak would put the place based on France right next to the place based on New York though.

Featherwick said:
woohooitsme83 said:

C7rjyAq.jpg

Maybe, but I don't think Gamefreak would put the place based on France right next to the place based on New York though.

compmap1.jpg
i'm starting to think kalos will not be expanded, like how unova wasn't really expanded. i mean, they based the place of of the NY/NJ area, but had places resembling different states' environments and all, but only expanded it with a little island. maybe the unova train station did go to faraway regions, but i doubt they went under the ocean. possibly just to other regions based off of the states.

Back