XY Kalos: Dissecting the new region.

RE: Kalos Region: Dissecting the new region.

FloodBadge said:
Featherwick said:
Maybe, but I don't think Gamefreak would put the place based on France right next to the place based on New York though.

compmap1.jpg
i'm starting to think kalos will not be expanded, like how unova wasn't really expanded. i mean, they based the place of of the NY/NJ area, but had places resembling different states' environments and all, but only expanded it with a little island. maybe the unova train station did go to faraway regions, but i doubt they went under the ocean. possibly just to other regions based off of the states.

Underwater subways would be pretty cool, though :D
images

woohooitsme83 said:
FloodBadge said:
compmap1.jpg
i'm starting to think kalos will not be expanded, like how unova wasn't really expanded. i mean, they based the place of of the NY/NJ area, but had places resembling different states' environments and all, but only expanded it with a little island. maybe the unova train station did go to faraway regions, but i doubt they went under the ocean. possibly just to other regions based off of the states.

images

so, an underwater subway that goes from (i'm guessing the distance of) New York to Washington underwater? that would mean no stops for over a week or month going there, don't you think?

woohooitsme83 said:
I know most of you guys agree that Kalos is far from the the other regions, but I'm still pretty solid on the fact that Kalos and Unova are still somehow connected.

C7rjyAq.jpg

Have you not played BW2? The magenta and yellow lines on the map lead to Aspertia City and Humilau City, two new cities added in the game.

FloodBadge said:
woohooitsme83 said:
images

so, an underwater subway that goes from (i'm guessing the distance of) New York to Washington underwater? that would mean no stops for over a week or month going there, don't you think?

I do admit that is a long time, but if Unova develops HSR (High-Speed Rail) and their trains travel at (at least) 185 MPH with a 2780 mile distance from NY to Washington, it would take about 14 days (or less if the trains are faster), which isn't too bad, considering that people do take cruises from Vancouver to Hawaii and that takes 10+ days. And besides, long distance trains usually have sleeper cars and cafe's and such, so the trip wont be that bad.

Bolt the Cat said:
woohooitsme83 said:
I know most of you guys agree that Kalos is far from the the other regions, but I'm still pretty solid on the fact that Kalos and Unova are still somehow connected.

C7rjyAq.jpg

Have you not played BW2? The magenta and yellow lines on the map lead to Aspertia City and Humilau City, two new cities added in the game.

I know. I didn't make the map, so I didn't put the question marks. Besides, It was based off of the BW map, not the BW2 map. Sorry?

There is an underwater channel that goes from the UK to France and vice versa.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_Tunnel
It's about a 3 hr ride from London to Paris (I think).

That's just something to think about.

Also, I don't think it has any connection to Unova and that maybe Unova is to represent America as a whole; very loosely of course. Same as how Karos is only northern France and I see it as unlikely the will expand a whole souther half for a third game. Rather to choose to keep the star shape they have created.

Thief said:

Also, I don't think it has any connection to Unova and that maybe Unova is to represent America as a whole; very loosely of course. Same as how Karos is only northern France and I see it as unlikely the will expand a whole souther half for a third game. Rather to choose to keep the star shape they have created.
Maybe the train tracks in the right of the map could represent Channel Tunnel :O

woohooitsme83 said:
Thief said:

Maybe the train tracks in the right of the map could represent Channel Tunnel :O

It would be unlikely as the channel tunnel is from eastern england to paris so the tracks would be a lot closer to or in lumiose city. My credentials: I'm english

woohooitsme83 said:
Thief said:

I don't think it does, but I do wish that they would incorporate that into the game for the next gen (the region being based off England) similar to how they had the train in GSC and HGSS.

I thought the town by the stonehenge was the starting town ....

woohooitsme83 said:
Thief said:

That doesn't make any sense, because the Channel Tunnel would be on the OTHER SIDE (West) of Kalos. Also, why would it be to the East of Lumiose City?

Chespinliz said:
I thought the town by the stonehenge was the starting town ...

Many have formed the hypothesis that the starting town is in the south east at that little mansion thing

Blob55 said:
woohooitsme83 said:

That doesn't make any sense, because the Channel Tunnel would be on the OTHER SIDE (West) of Kalos. Also, why would it be to the East of Lumiose City?

It's based lightly on France.

They could have just taken the idea of an underwater track and turned it underground instead using it for a different location/purpose as they weren't going to expand to a whole different region in game.

By the way, when you "all caps" like that, I find it rude and patronising.

@Leecario: It has also been said that the starting town could be up north where the autumn looking trees are with the tree-clock. There are small houses there and then the most north building looks similar to a lab.

more underground areas with trainers, maybe underground city? Sky city? Underwater city?

DrEspeon said:
I don't think it does, but I do wish that they would incorporate that into the game for the next gen (the region being based off England) similar to how they had the train in GSC and HGSS.

There's no guarantee that next gen's region will be based on England. In fact, since they only did one American region before moving on, I think the 7th gen region will take place in a completely different part of the world, I'm thinking Australia maybe.

On topic, I'm not very familiar with Europe considering I live in Maryland, but I would think the Channel Tunnel would start from the clocktower city north of Lumiose City.

Bolt the Cat said:
DrEspeon said:

There's no guarantee that next gen's region will be based on England. In fact, since they only did one American region before moving on, I think the 7th gen region will take place in a completely different part of the world, I'm thinking Australia maybe.

On topic, I'm not very familiar with Europe considering I live in Maryland, but I would think the Channel Tunnel would start from the clocktower city north of Lumiose City.

I know it might not be. This is just what I think might happen and also what I really hope will happen.

About the Pokémon League's location: I don't know if anyone has agreed on something yet, but in my opinion, the castle southeast of the ice windmill building appears to be the League building. Not to mention there's also a cave right before it.

M.E.T.A.G.R.O.S.S. said:
About the Pokémon League's location: I don't know if anyone has agreed on something yet, but in my opinion, the castle southeast of the ice windmill building appears to be the League building. Not to mention there's also a cave right before it.

That is what everyone has agreed on to be the Pokemon League, in fact.

New modes of transportation?

- Roller blades? (Would this relace the bike?)
may_p4_1.jpg

- Cars? (This could also be a mini-game or something like that)
VkWQqfB.png

- Ferry services? (There's a lot of rivers in Kalos, so it would make sense)

@Woohooitsme There were cars in BW/BW2 (in Sky Arrow Bridge) so I don't believe that we might actually be able to use them. Roller Blades look cool but after Gogoat I believe that we might actually have lots of way of transportation. Maybe having both, roller blades and bike.

there were cars in gen V that were under you on the bridge, so you never got to see any of them with people. also, isn't that bridge a freeway or highway or something? skyarrow, i mean. oh, and i just now realized the trains on tubeline bridge are from the single battle subway system

Back