XY Kalos: Dissecting the new region.

Ysmir

Retired Mod
Ok folks I didn't see a topic pertaining to the specifics of the region and our hypothesis in regards to what we will find there. So far there has been topics on why it's based off of France or Europe and the mythos involved. (Which can go hand-in-hand with this discussion) So here we go:

Wallpaper of region (for scrutiny; large and un-tampered):
Kalos-Region-Pokemon-X-and-Y_1920x1200.jpg

Region map - Guesses/Theories/lore:
XYmaptheories.png~original

I've made this map (located above) with a few guesses/theories as to what exactly we are looking at some we have seen like the Research center, others are more mysterious and raise more questions! Also, if anyone recognizes real-life equivalents to some of the areas please post them! It can further validate whether Kalos is solely based off of France or Europe. So sound off theories below!

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!
RE: Kalos Region: Dissecting the new region.

the castle by the Stonehenge looks like the one in the first trailer, and the town by it reminds me of the town in the first trailer

i have the strangest feeling there's more to this map than what has been given

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant

I've got a feeling that the castle like place on the map is the Pokemon League; it certainly looks fitting as it and there is a cave before it, Victory Road?
I'm thinking the Stonehenge-looking place will have something to do with summoning Xerneas/Yveltal, and the town below it looks like it could be the starting town, there's usually 2-4 houses, and the large house looks like it could be the Prof's. Lab. Maybe the red-roofed house could belong to a psychic old lady who keeps people away from the stone structure?

I have a feeling they're covering up something with the cloud, there's a cave entrance, and it looks there could be an important place at the top, ala Mt. Silver or Spear Pillar.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

I think the starting town may be the town in the Southeast that the female character appeared in. The small path between the starting town and that blue building may be Rt. 1, then Rt. 2 would connect the next town to the forest, and then Rt. 3 would continue from the forest to the town after that (if you notice, the geography of this section of Kalos matches up with the shot of Rt. 3 in the first trailer). That third town is likely our first gym, seeing as we have two routes and a forest in between. The garden maze is probably Rt. 4, and then after that we would reach Lumiose City, which may or may not be our second gym. From there, IDK. The second trailer does indicate that Rt. 5 does seem to connect to Lumiose City, but IDK in which direction.

I'll have to look at this map a little more before I can make any more theories, but that should be good for now.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the four houses about halfway down on the right is the starting town. It is small like previous starting towns.

My next prediction is that the clock area is where you can alter which area you can get to based on the three areas the Pokedex has.

Hegafire

>Disappears for months > Appears randomly

Maybe the ice mountain is a entrance to the Elite 4, like you said, or it might be a location to catch a legendary, like how more or less, Heatran had its own volcano in D/P and BLW2. Also, the Stonehenge area reminds me of the Regi's, because of all the patterned dots

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

More speculation, continuing off my last post (I'm less certain about this much than I am about the first section of the game):

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Rt. 5 is the route leading southwest from Lumiose City and we head through there to reach that "castle" city in the southwest. From there, we briefly head north through that tree lined route (I can't really tell what numbers the routes would be here, but I'm guessing there's two routes in this next part, Rt. 6 and 7) to that city for our 3rd gym, then backtrack and take the west path. From there, we travel through a cave to Kalos' west coast, and the city located there (I'm guessing either that one or the next one is the 4th gym). After that, we would head north to the Stonehedge based area, then through another cave to reach that next city. By this point, we would probably have Surf, and can explore that tower on the island in the middle, and then to progress, we'd head east through that forest path to reach that beach area at the mouth of the river. From there, we would head west down that peninsula (the one with the wooden structure at the end) to reach the lighthouse town, which I'm predicting is the 5th gym. After that, we would head through the desert back to Lumiose City. After that, we would head out the northwest exit and north across those piers and continue to the tree clock town and our 6th gym. Then we would head east across the two bridges to the old ruins, then to the windmill town for our 7th gym. From here, we could proceed any number of ways, but eventually we would reach that city with the hand shaped structure for our 8th gym. Eventually (possibly after an encounter with the evil team), we would reach the Pokemon League (the castle-like city in the mountain) by either heading east from the 1st gym, or west from that snowy town south of the 8th gym.

Phew. Hopefully you guys could follow all of that. I'll probably sketch it out later if not.

Trainerhan1

Chooses to not abandon his wagon.

If there is an Entralink it looks like it would be the Tree in the south east.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Having problems making labels for the map (I'm going to need to find a better program than Paint for this), but for now, I've drawn a rough sketch of how I think the areas are supposed to connect.

[attachment=7010]

Attachments

• Kalos Region Connected Map.jpg
    Kalos Region Connected Map.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 137

Pokequaza

Aspiring Trainer

may_p6_9.jpg

The bottom of the map seems so empty, yet makes up the majority of Central Kalos (see the icons in the picture above).

It is shown that the woods area is the first place where you encounter trainers (the usual ''when the eyes of two people meet, a battle starts.'' talk you get in the beginning). Will we start at the big mansion at the bottom?

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071

The tree structure is probably where you find Xerneas (in the trailer). It is based on France and southern UK. The starter town could easily be the one close to the castle city. It would make sense that the castle city is victory road with a structure in the center of the mountains and then there stops to a cave and comes out at the city. The weird shape city has a bridge near by. It also seems a big region (hopefully).

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Pokequaza said:
It is shown that the woods area is the first place where you encounter trainers (the usual ''when the eyes of two people meet, a battle starts.'' talk you get in the beginning). Will we start at the big mansion at the bottom?

The red one with the triangles? That's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking the general region path will start there, head north to Lumiose City, head clockwise through the funky looking hexagon I drew through Coastal Kalos, head north to the clocktower town, then head southeast through the Mountain Kalos cities, then to the giant castle city where the Pokemon League is.

And yeah, south Central Karos is suspiciously empty, but I have a feeling that's intentional to leave space for expansion in future games (XY2 anyone?). On the flipside, I love how nonlinear Mountain Karos is, there's a lot of winding, crisscrossing paths.

Pokequaza

Aspiring Trainer

Bolt the Cat said:
Pokequaza said:

The red one with the triangles?

It might be just a small town as well, but with terraced houses.

Luna_Cat16

Aspiring Trainer

I'm actually thinking that the mountain place might be where we meet the legendaries. There's even a forest hidden right in the clouds! Yveltal is shown to be associated with the sky in both the trailer and the box art, and Xerneas is associated with a mysterious forest that so far doesn't really match any of the structures seen on the map. I'm actually thinking that the castle-like city in the mountain could be the E4 area instead. There is a cave that leads up to it, after all, and it doesn't look complex enough to be a full city.

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!

you know, that makes sense. i mean, i've heard of some ancient myths or legends of magical forests being found in the middle of a giant mountain's caves like it's on it's own earth. i mean, like, they have their sun, sky, basically like a magical narnia of only a sparkling forest.
and yveltal on the mountain reminds me of skyrim and lots of pictures of dragons living on giant snowy mountains above the clouds

Luna_Cat16

Aspiring Trainer

Yep. And then the forest behind it, which totally implies some mythical place. It seems a lot more suspenseful than what we've had before. Like with Unova the spot where you first see the legendary dragon is really small on the map, and the most "epic" place in the region is actually underground for most of the time. This is probably the first region where the map made me go "wow, it looks like there's going to be a really big adventure and discovery in there, it's really exciting".

Ten bucks that the cave island has the roamer legend(s) in it.

Seismitoad537

Pokemon Master

I think we will be starting out in the town adjacent to the big "Y'. Also, the town southwest of that looks very interesting. I see lava..maybe a volcano?

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer

I noticed train tracks on the far right of the map, but they don't seem to go anywhere. Maybe they go to parts of the map we haven't seen?