XY Kalos: Dissecting the new region.

RE: Kalos Region: Dissecting the new region.

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee328/Wulava/PokemonBW/KarosHide_zps43a923cc.png

That image was obtained after one of Serebii's staff members decided to use Photoshop to "burn" out the clouds. He said that the big mountain on the northeast had some kind of huge hole or cave, the southwest had some islands, and the mountains south of Vaniville had more areas.

However, that was the blurry version from CoroCoro, and I want someone to try and do the same with the hi-res version we can see now, just to check further.

M.E.T.A.G.R.O.S.S. said:
http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee328/Wulava/PokemonBW/KarosHide_zps43a923cc.png

That image was obtained after one of Serebii's staff members decided to use Photoshop to "burn" out the clouds. He said that the big mountain on the northeast had some kind of huge hole or cave, the southwest had some islands, and the mountains south of Vaniville had more areas.

However, that was the blurry version from CoroCoro, and I want someone to try and do the same with the hi-res version we can see now, just to check further.

Wow, someone needs to tell that person that that's not how Photoshop works. There's no transparency to the clouds, so all using Burn on them will do is make them darker (and generate random patterns that someone who's looking too hard will mistake for secrets).

M.E.T.A.G.R.O.S.S. said:

Holy crap. I agree with Dorian completely. LMAO
Clearly this came from someone who either pirated photoshop or has a crap version. No person with knowledge of a professional media editing software and actually spent the money to buy it, would think that was going to work....

No offense, but that is pretty silly.

I think the area in the West of Kalos , the one resembling Stonehenge , could be Fairy related and a place where Eevee could evolve to Sylveon , like the forests and the places with Ice in the other Generations.

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere so I might as well bring it up for speculation.

Who here has heard of something called Yggdrasil?

Yggdrasil is a massive tree in Norse mythology, particularly Norse cosmology. It's the centre point of the nine worlds mentioned in Norse cosmology. The most noticeable thing about old Yggdrasil is that it has three guardians I guess you could say. A massive bird dragon that flies above the tree, four deer-like animals protecting the roots and soil around the base of the tree, and a large snake-like creature that is in guard of the under-world below the tree. One of the four deer stands out moreso than the other three.

1. The bird may be Yveltal
2. The stand out deer may be Xerneas
3. The snake may be our mascot for "Z"
4. The other three deer could possibly relate to the legendary trio

In the clips we see Xerneas standing at the base of that big tree, and it does stand out on the region map.

Do we have evidence that proves or at least hints towards more deer-like Pokémon?

Scuba Steve said:
I didn't see this mentioned anywhere so I might as well bring it up for speculation.

Who here has heard of something called Yggdrasil?

Yggdrasil is a massive tree in Norse mythology, particularly Norse cosmology. It's the centre point of the nine worlds mentioned in Norse cosmology. The most noticeable thing about old Yggdrasil is that it has three guardians I guess you could say. A massive bird dragon that flies above the tree, four deer-like animals protecting the roots and soil around the base of the tree, and a large snake-like creature that is in guard of the under-world below the tree. One of the four deer stands out moreso than the other three.

1. The bird may be Yveltal
2. The stand out deer may be Xerneas
3. The snake may be our mascot for "Z"
4. The other three deer could possibly relate to the legendary trio

In the clips we see Xerneas standing at the base of that big tree, and it does stand out on the region map.

Do we have evidence that proves or at least hints towards more deer-like Pokémon?

Weve been pretty much through this a dozen times since the moment xy were revealed in January.

You missed the part where each deer has a different colored gem and how that fits nicely with Xerneas four sets of antlers.
Which also luckily throws the trio idea out the window as we've just had 4 deer-like legends known as the musketeer trio..

The snake has been speculated as Poison+Dragon plenty of places on that basis too (or at least as the first poison legend hopefully), even tho there is 0 actual info obviously.

I'd also like if maybe under the graveyard/stone thing there was an underground cave. Maybe the place where we find Yveltal resting?

Posting this since now we've been introduced to Mega Pokemon and it's given us some new info as far as the locale(s) on the map. Discuss!! Speculate! Disagree!

Kalos_ShalourCity.jpg

Ysmir said:
Posting this since now we've been introduced to Mega Pokemon and it's given us some new info as far as the locale(s) on the map. Discuss!! Speculate! Disagree!

Kalos_ShalourCity.jpg

Yeah, it also fits the coastal city aspect.

DrEspeon said:
Ysmir said:

Kalos_ShalourCity.jpg

Yeah, it also fits the coastal city aspect.

I know there's also another thread discussing this, but I guess this means that the cathedral-like building is the Tower of Mastery.

Ysmir said:

Kalos_ShalourCity.jpg

I thought that was pretty obvious.

Also, it looks like the player is talking to Korrina in the Carnac Stones area.

Back