Ash in Kalos: New Friends, Pokémon, and Goals

RE: Ash in Kalos: New Friends, Pokémon and Goals

After the Kanto starters' Mega-Evolution I doubt that Ash will recall Charizard again because of Origins. I'm thinking that the producers won't be airing at the same time two "different" characters with the same Pokémon and concept...on the other hand they might =S
One thing is almost sure: the episodes focusing on the Kalos League will be filled with Mega-evos, at least when concerning Ash, his future defeat, perhaps with Mega-Sceptile (at the hands of some Mega-evolved Darkrai and Latios XD), and the region's winner.

PMJ said:
Psychic Pokemon in the anime are uber. Ash will never ever own one.

Let's face it, Psychic Pokémon in the anime wouldn't be interesting because they are way too resourceful. Someone falls off a cliff -» some psychic Pokémon saves the person; Team Rocket has a new ultra-hiper-mega tough Mecha -» some psychic Pokémon sends it flying away...And unfortunately, from time to time we're stucked with that old combo (and much more old and repetitive suff) of heating the metal with a fire Pokémon, cooling it down with a Water one and then finishing it off with Pikachu.

Leaf_Ranger said:
After the Kanto starters' Mega-Evolution I doubt that Ash will recall Charizard again because of Origins. I'm thinking that the producers won't be airing at the same time two "different" characters with the same Pokémon and concept...on the other hand they might =S
One thing is almost sure: the episodes focusing on the Kalos League will be filled with Mega-evos, at least when concerning Ash, his future defeat, perhaps with Mega-Sceptile (at the hands of some Mega-evolved Darkrai and Latios XD), and the region's winner.

I don't know about that. They might have made Charizard return for so long for it to bond with Ash; as Mega Evolution requires bonding. If people see Charizard return and Mega Evolve without having spent any time with Ash recently that could cause confusion.

I would love to see Ash's Charizard Mega Evolve from all the bonding they have done in generation 5! Sceptile and any other Pokémon too for that matter!

@Artemis, I think that information hasn't been specifically addressed. I'm not aware of how they did it in previous generations.

Drohn said:
@Artemis, I think that information hasn't been specifically addressed. I'm not aware of how they did it in previous generations.

Yeah, I was kind of wondering if that was the case seeing how little information there is about the XY season so far. Mostly, I just hope I don't miss too much while I'm gone! :D

Also, I haven't seen the new episodes with Ash and his Charizard, so I don't know exactly how it was handled, but is it possible Ash and Charizard got back together specifically because they want Ash to have a Mega Charizard? After all, if they do want Ash to have a Mega Pokémon, Charizard is the best choice of the possibilities we know so far. We can likely guess at this point that all starter Pokémon will have mega evolutions, but even then, the only fully evolved starters Ash has aside from Charizard are Sceptile, Torterra, and Infernape, and with the Generation I focus lately, not to mention popularity, Charizard seems like the perfect fit.

Of course, it could all just be a red herring and Ash will never have a mega Pokémon, just like he's never caught a legendary. :p

Drohn said:
Leaf_Ranger said:

I don't know about that. They might have made Charizard return for so long for it to bond with Ash; as Mega Evolution requires bonding. If people see Charizard return and Mega Evolve without having spent any time with Ash recently that could cause confusion.

I would love to see Ash's Charizard Mega Evolve from all the bonding they have done in generation 5! Sceptile and any other Pokémon too for that matter!

I thought of that too but then Origins came to mind...Ash and Red both Mega-evolving their Charizards...seems more of the same atthe same time! Then again, they are different characters and origins may just be a two-episode thing.
As far as I'm concern, all Grass type starters' Mega-evolutions for the win. :D I won't use them (Mega-evos) so if I don't like them, no harm done, if I like them, then I'll have a new design to appreciate and enjoy.

Artemis said:
Drohn said:

Yeah, I was kind of wondering if that was the case seeing how little information there is about the XY season so far. Mostly, I just hope I don't miss too much while I'm gone! :D

Also, I haven't seen the new episodes with Ash and his Charizard, so I don't know exactly how it was handled, but is it possible Ash and Charizard got back together specifically because they want Ash to have a Mega Charizard? After all, if they do want Ash to have a Mega Pokémon, Charizard is the best choice of the possibilities we know so far. We can likely guess at this point that all starter Pokémon will have mega evolutions, but even then, the only fully evolved starters Ash has aside from Charizard are Sceptile, Torterra, and Infernape, and with the Generation I focus lately, not to mention popularity, Charizard seems like the perfect fit.

Of course, it could all just be a red herring and Ash will never have a mega Pokémon, just like he's never caught a legendary. :p

Most likely we'll get to see Charizard powering up through mega-evolution and bullying Ash once more...but then it realises that it can only do that by "bonding" with Ash so it'll pretend to be a nice guy and Ash will fall for it. :rolleyes:

I can personally see them bringing back Charizard to get him to Mega evolve later on. I would love to see how this happens in the anime.

As for the future X and Y anime... I really, really really don't want another Cilan. Please, no more food puns. All Cilan was to me was a lamer Brock because he cooked for everyone, left his gym leader position to travel with Ash, and was the sort of "father figure" of the group. If you were going to get rid of Brock, don't bring him back in a green-haired leaner body. Give us a complete change.

I would like to see something completely different, like a character that starts out a rival or kinda mean in the beginning, and then warms up to Ash (and I don't just mean this all happening in just the first episode.)
I also like it better when Ash doesnt end up getting all of the starters. This almost always results in one being signaled out (in this case, Oshawott) and becoming the fan favorite just because of the anime. I can see Chespin being his starter. One thing we haven't seen yet is an older female traveling companion for Ash... although its probably because they don't want the fans to ship them and to avoid lawsuits against underage pairing or something. :/

Who else thinks that Brock might return and get a new rock type? (or some other obscure pokemon like his tauros which was never seen after being caught >.<) If he did return how do you think Ash would handle it revived bromance or epic fail? If he did then there goes tierno maybe shauna could come?

I have mixed feelings about Brock returning. On one end, nostalgia. On another, I am pretty tired of him. I'd only really like him to come back if he gets replaced by another watered down version of him, like Cilan. Like I said in my previous post, if they are going to get rid of Brock, get rid of him, and don't give him a replacement that does almost all the things he did. That's like owning a dog for 14 years, having it die, and then your mom buys you a puppy the next day that looks exactly the same as your old dog.

I also don't really want another Misty unless Misty herself were to come back (although I believe it's confirmed that she never will.) Iris reminded me a lot of Misty because she always calls ash a kid and teases him on occasion. I feel like they tried to ship Ash with Iris a lot more than any of the other characters besides Misty, and I really don't like that. Call me a genwunner for the anime, but I really hate when they ship him with anyone else.

Im really just trying to say that I want Ash's new companions to be NEW companions, with complete 100% different personalities. I felt that the gen 3 season pulled that off pretty nicely. I like the idea of having a younger kid in the group.

I haven't seen much of Gen 5, but in what I did see, Iris and Cilan did both give me very strong Misty and Brock vibes (respectively). Would be nice to see some other personalities thrown in. Heck, if they're THAT lazy, even making the female companion the Brock-like character and the male companion the Misty-like character would be a nice change of pace! I'd still prefer more effort being put into new personalities, though.

I agree Zielo, about the gen 3 character mix. Although May and Ash would sometimes have stupid arguments, the dynamic between them was much more pleasant, and I think Max added a fresh personality to the show.

It would be cool to see another smartie pants in the group. Maybe even something totally opposite, one of the three (or four) main characters could be a complete idiot, but in a funny way. Maybe she could have a twin brother, the male protagonist, who is a pushover personality but in the end there is a huge plot twist and he ends up being a really badass dude who's been siphoning cash from Ash's bank account to Team Flare the whole time.

It would be nice to see Ash learn to cook is own damn meals. I think it's time that we no longer see a "dedicated chef" on the show. It's become a stale character matter. All it does is make Ash look like a 4 yr old by throwing a parental persona on the character that feeds them. These guys left their parents back at home, so let stop making their peers into mommy and daddy as well.

Elite Stride said:
I agree Zielo, about the gen 3 character mix. Although May and Ash would sometimes have stupid arguments, the dynamic between them was much more pleasant, and I think Max added a fresh personality to the show.

It would be cool to see another smartie pants in the group. Maybe even something totally opposite, one of the three (or four) main characters could be a complete idiot, but in a funny way. Maybe she could have a twin brother, the male protagonist, who is a pushover personality but in the end there is a huge plot twist and he ends up being a really badass dude who's been siphoning cash from Ash's bank account to Team Flare the whole time.

It would be nice to see Ash learn to cook is own damn meals. I think it's time that we no longer see a "dedicated chef" on the show. It's become a stale character matter. All it does is make Ash look like a 4 yr old by throwing a parental persona on the character that feeds them. These guys left their parents back at home, so let stop making their peers into mommy and daddy as well.

I agree with the chef bit. I mean he can't even make a sandwich? However since I can't get into any of the hoenn saga I can't say of that was better. Although if Ash does learn to cook my homedog Brock can't return. -__-

Elite Stride said:

Now THOSE would be some interesting dynamic characters. Unfortunately, I couldn't even really see Pokemon doing it. They did however do a small touch of that, when Meowth faked being good and infiltrated the group for Team Rocket. That was definitely one of the more interesting plot twists and I'd like to see more of that in the show long term. N also kinda reminds me of that.

I do have to say, the overall plot of the Black and White anime is a little better than the previous ones. I feel that there are more plot twists and action and things that actually happen that mean something, even if the characters generally suck. It isnt too much of an improvement, but it is an improvement. I'm looking forward to what X and Y might bring us.

Maybe one day we'll get that awesome mature Pokemon anime on Toonami or Adult Swim. -crosses fingers-

The writers have somewhat run out of personalities for the main characters after the AG season:

- Dawn was designed to be both similar to May and Ash at the same time. That's why everything Dawn did felt like a re-tread of May and Ash's personalities and storylines rolled into one.

- Iris and Cilan were designed to be Misty/Brock 2.0. This is rather obvious, the similarities are so blatant I don't even have to go into it.

To be honest it seems that after Misty/Brock and May/Max....they sort of just re-use old personality traits and make it into a new character. I've sort of given up on a new travel companion being totally unique at this point, I almost expect it to be another Misty or May clone for the girl and another Brock/Tracey/Cilan clone for the guy.

Based on generation 4 and 5 I agree with you, but they have taken so much risks in this generation that a complete change wouldn't surprise me. I get the feeling that they are focusing much more on the fans now as well.

I hope we will have more recurring travel companions again in the new series rather than always traveling with the same people One fixed companion is enough for me and the rest can "rotate". Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno look like good options for a fixed partner. From what we've seen they look like they have original personalities. It's too early to tell, however, since their in-game behaviour can differentiate from their anime characters.

I can see Ash catching a Litleo; it's a cute Pokémon and kind of reminds me of Shinx. It has potential for getting great evolutions too. Do you think he will catch any of the revealed Fairy-type Pokémon?

precita said:
The writers have somewhat run out of personalities for the main characters after the AG season:

- Dawn was designed to be both similar to May and Ash at the same time. That's why everything Dawn did felt like a re-tread of May and Ash's personalities and storylines rolled into one.

- Iris and Cilan were designed to be Misty/Brock 2.0. This is rather obvious, the similarities are so blatant I don't even have to go into it.

To be honest it seems that after Misty/Brock and May/Max....they sort of just re-use old personality traits and make it into a new character. I've sort of given up on a new travel companion being totally unique at this point, I almost expect it to be another Misty or May clone for the girl and another Brock/Tracey/Cilan clone for the guy.

Agree 100% however iris and cilan are bad clones of misty and brock. Also I think i didn't get tired of brock since i didn't see hoenn's saga. Wait did Tracey even cook for them.

zappy800 said:
I agree with the chef bit. I mean he can't even make a sandwich? However since I can't get into any of the hoenn saga I can't say of that was better. Although if Ash does learn to cook my homedog Brock can't return. -__-

Well, Brock could return as the "nurse guy". Not only Ash is useless when it comes to cooking but he also never learned anything about natural medicine all the way since Brock, always relying on someone, so if Ash learned to cook, he would still need some nurse around (one thing at a time, we don't want Ash's little head to explode with so much learning and to be derailed from his noble and doable (yeah right XD) task of becoming a Pk champ) and since Brock would play that role, Ash could now be more dumb and get his Pokémon injured more often since good ol' Brock is there to patch things up.
Brock: from a parents enslaved big brother and Rock-type gym leader to breeder, to nurse.

Btw, I wonder how Ash and its travelling companions always have money. They don't do a thing so they should've been hobos for a long time by now, just like T.Rocket unless...yup, that's what female travel companions are for - to exploit on the road!! XD

Drohn said:
I can see Ash catching a Litleo; it's a cute Pokémon and kind of reminds me of Shinx. It has potential for getting great evolutions too. Do you think he will catch any of the revealed Fairy-type Pokémon?

I would love if that Litleo was derp just like Misty's Psyduck, pissing off Ash.

PokAni_zpsae123a94.png

I really hope that this will be the new cast of characters. I really like both Clemont's and the female game trainer's (Yvonne?) design a lot, Clemont being my favorite gen 6 gym leader so far and Yvonne being my favorite female trainer period. Even better, theres a little girl kid, Clemont's sister, and I think it would be really cute if she came along. It would kind of remind me of a backwards gen 3 anime with the whole big sibling little sibling thing, only younger. (But hopefully the personalities wont be the same and more unique.)

I hope Clemont ends up being a smart alec and the little girl ends up being adorable and really attached to her big brother. Yvonne I can sadly see having a generic personality, or something kind of like Dawn's/May's... it would be neat if shes was extremely nice and soft spoken though (somewhat like a Fluttershy personality :p)

Also, oh my god look how tiny that Dedenne is I am going to die.

.......WUBBOFFET YES YES YES HE'S RETURNING. Now that I have gotten that out of my system do you think that those pokemon in the poster we will see a lot of?

I hope Ash will finally get a Torchic and eventually evolve it to Blaziken to use its Mega form. I hope Ash will get at least all starters (from all generations) eventually, so this is a good chance to get Hoenn in there. If it happens he might not get Fennekin, however. Maybe his female travel companion will have a Fennekin if Ash gets Torchic?

Drohn said:
I hope Ash will finally get a Torchic and eventually evolve it to Blaziken to use its Mega form. I hope Ash will get at least all starters (from all generations) eventually, so this is a good chance to get Hoenn in there. If it happens he might not get Fennekin, however. Maybe his female travel companion will have a Fennekin if Ash gets Torchic?
The way I see it he isn't getting fennekin anyways because of fletchling.

In BW Ash started to get more of the same types as well; I don't think it's unrealistic for him to have both. Having both fire starters and eventually the Fire-type regional bird would probably be too much, though. On the other hand, if they want Ash to get all of the starters eventually, there has to be a time where he gets two from the same type at the same time.

Back