Ash in Kalos: New Friends, Pokémon, and Goals

RE: Ash in Kalos: New Friends, Pokémon and Goals

Drohn said:
Inferchomp said:
It says "Goals" in the thread topic, so what goals do you think Ash & Friends should go for? (Other than the obvious gym badges and winning the league)

I believe Ash will stick to his usual goal of becoming a Pokémon Master. However, his friends are often shown to have complete different goals, and can enter different competitions (contests, for example). I thought that if Tierno became his companion (who loves dancing), a new feature could be introduced; dancing competitions. Maybe this time will be completely different, and Ash will, for once, travel with a rival. Or maybe a trainer who wants to be a Fairy-type master, to promote the new type.

How do you believe the *possible* dance competitions will go? Sort of like the previous competitions? Showcase your pokémon by yourself in the first round then battles afterwards? Hopefully the anime shows off more "combo" moves that normally would not happen (Dawn's Mammoswine and Cyndaquil's move (forget the name)), but in this instance more dance-like moves.

And it may take up more time, but if a rival would travel with Ash it would be nice to see them battle the gym leaders as well.

I could actually see Dance Competitions being a thing in-game, sort of like Pokémon Contests from G3 with Pokémon moves have a secondary aspect as relates to dancing. If that ends up being a thing, it would likely be showcased in the anime too.

I would think, if dance competitions do happen, that they would have the same, or slightly altered, categories for moves (e.g. cuteness, toughness, etc.)

Drohn said:
Ghost King said:
He also always has at least one gym leader traveling with him.
Generations:
1.Brock and misty
2.Brock and misty
3.Brock and (Normans kids: May and max)
4.Brock
5.Cilan

Also at the end of Gen.III max started on his journey so maybe he might be back

Was Max not left at home until he was old enough to travel? Since Ash did not age (yet) and doesn't seem older in the X&Y picture, I doubt Max would travel with him as a trainer.

I would rather see more X&Y characters in the anime instead of older characters. So far we've seen one Gym leader who is a journalist. Maybe she would want to travel with Ash to find good stories around the region? Not very likely, but it's all possible I guess =P

Well last thing I remember was max was taking lessons from his father. Another reason why I thought he would come back was the episode with ralts, he said "when he's a trainer he would come back for ralts. Since gardevoir is part fairy, I just put them together, after all it is a hunch :p

Ghost King said:
he said "when he's a trainer he would come back for ralts. Since gardevoir is part fairy, I just put them together, after all it is a hunch

That is actually a fairly intelligent theory. Normally, I would say that it doesn't matter what Max says he'll do, charracters say things like that in the anime ALL the time and they never see it through. Case in point: Ash always telling people that he's going to see them / battle them again but generally never does. The one thing that somewhat justifies this theory though is that if they choose to really emphasize the introduction of the Fairy type in Kalos (which I think they will), this is certainly a possible route for them to take. I wouldn't mind seeing them sneak in an episode or two like this at all, especially if it keeps some of the less than desirable fillers away.

Elite Stride said:
Ghost King said:
he said "when he's a trainer he would come back for ralts. Since gardevoir is part fairy, I just put them together, after all it is a hunch

That is actually a fairly intelligent theory. Normally, I would say that it doesn't matter what Max says he'll do, charracters say things like that in the anime ALL the time and they never see it through. Case in point: Ash always telling people that he's going to see them / battle them again but generally never does. The one thing that somewhat justifies this theory though is that if they choose to really emphasize the introduction of the Fairy type in Kalos (which I think they will), this is certainly a possible route for them to take. I wouldn't mind seeing them sneak in an episode or two like this at all, especially if it keeps some of the less than desirable fillers away.
Like they did with May in DP series and Dawn in BW series but I really do believe he will have a gym leader or someone related to a gym leader with him traveling. Viola or her sister are probable in this case.

A lot of new Pokémon have been revealed. There are still types that Ash has never owned. Will Fairy be added to the list after X&Y? Or do you think Ash will have a Fairy-type Pokémon in his team?

I would love to see him with Litleo. I like the Pokémon and it reminds me a little of Shinx. I wanted Ash to catch one of those too, but I don't think they would want to give him another Electric-type.

Scraggy and Pancham share their types. I love the cute Po'kémon, but since I hope Ash takes Scraggy along with him to Kalos, I want one of his companions to have a Pancham.

I really want Ash to get an Eevee and evolve it to Sylveon and to get all starters again. I can't really picture him with any of the other Fairy-type Pokémon revealed so far. I also believe he's due for a Ghost-type or Psychic-type Pokémon.

What are your views on this?

Drohn said:
A lot of new Pokémon have been revealed. There are still types that Ash has never owned. Will Fairy be added to the list after X&Y? Or do you think Ash will have a Fairy-type Pokémon in his team?

I would love to see him with Litleo. I like the Pokémon and it reminds me a little of Shinx. I wanted Ash to catch one of those too, but I don't think they would want to give him another Electric-type.

Scraggy and Pancham share their types. I love the cute Po'kémon, but since I hope Ash takes Scraggy along with him to Kalos, I want one of his companions to have a Pancham.

I really want Ash to get an Eevee and evolve it to Sylveon and to get all starters again. I can't really picture him with any of the other Fairy-type Pokémon revealed so far. I also believe he's due for a Ghost-type or Psychic-type Pokémon.

What are your views on this?
yes, I hope he gets a Honedge and swirlix(maybe Inkay) so he will finally have at least one Pokemon with each type......the eevee thing is highly unlikely, I only say this because he could have gotten one from every region he has been too and he hasn't gotten any of the new forms only his friend May has and it was Glaceon.

Ghost King said:
yes, I hope he gets a Honedge and swirlix(maybe Inkay) so he will finally have at least one Pokemon with each type.....the eevee thing is highly unlikely, I only say this because he could have gotten one from every region he has been too and he hasn't gotten any of the new forms only his friend May has and it was Glaceon.

It would be great to see him catch Honedge, since he never had Steel or Ghost. They would both be new for him. Although, he doesn't seem like the typical Pokémon Ash would catch to me, I hope he will. I would love to see them try something different.

As for Eevee, I mostly agree that chances are low, and I don't think it will happen. But I also realize that in the first few generations Ash didn't rotate his teams. He already had Fire/Water/Electric-type Pokémonin Kanto. In Johto they added two types, but I think they didn't want to give Ash the Dark/Psychic type already. He only had his first Dark-type Pokémon in the BW series. In Sinnoh they added Grass and Ice, but Ash had Turtwig, and his team was already quite full. I think that with the new evolution introduced and Ash finally using more of the same type of Pokémon and using rotation teams allow the perfect opportunity for him to catch and use Eevee.

Only new types of pokemon Ash can catch other than different combos are fairy, steel, and ghost so if Ash just gets one of those I will be happy. Although technically he might have caught haunter; I am fuzzy on the details of that episode.

Well, the "being a Pk Master" thing will be present as always. That's the basic premise all the way since Kanto, even if Ash is more interested in helping others, run errands and stuff then actually train and evolve his Pokémon. Oh, and don't forget about Ash getting into every contest/tournament/whatever that crosses his path.

How I hope that this season doesn't start with another Pikachu kidnapping that turns wrong with Pikachu being overcharged or drained of electricity. -_-

About his friends/companions, I would like to see the crew from X/Y being frequent "guests" while not being travelling partners...although Trevor seems like an obvious choice for a traveller partner because he's the typical "know-it-all".

Pokémon: I hope Ash only gets one of the starters while two of its partners get the rest, just like in Hoenn. If that's the case, I'm betting Chespin for Ash.
From the others we've seen so far, I can't imagine Ash catching a Flabébé because he would probably get it killed in no time. Pancham might be one of his Pokémon, in order to "replace" Scraggy with it's "meannie" personality. Fletchling is almost certain. Because of its type, Helioptile might only be caught by some partner, just like Emolga and Pachirisu. The rest...I don't have a clue.

Rivals...I would love to see the female X/Y protagonist with a Fennekin whose personality would be somewhat like Snivy's, and the trainer would just shovel Ash (because, most likely, he will again become a rookie Pokémon trainer) but not in a repetitive way like Trip's "That's basic" or Iris "What a kid"...simply winning, letting out a smile and saying goodbye.

(Btw, why so much hate towards Cilan? He's not perfect but for someone as me who was sick of seeing Brock's/Croagunk gag and tired of him not having a decent battle in ages, Cilan was way better. The only thing that I disliked about Cilan was that for someone who was supposed to be a Grass-type trainer, he only has Pansage so far, but taking into account that Iris isn't coming any better at her goal...And c'mon, Cilan and Burgundy...shipping ahoy!
In the end, some will like it, others will hate it, whether it's Cilan, Brock or other character )

zappy80 said:
Only new types of pokemon Ash can catch other than different combos are fairy, steel, and ghost so if Ash just gets one of those I will be happy. Although technically he might have caught haunter; I am fuzzy on the details of that episode.
Rock and Psychic are actually also on that list. I would love to see Ash catch one of these types. My preference goes to a Ghost-type Pokémon. Although I would love to see him with Gengar, another species would also be nice.

Leaf_Ranger said:
About his friends/companions, I would like to see the crew from X/Y being frequent "guests" while not being travelling partners...although Trevor seems like an obvious choice for a traveller partner because he's the typical "know-it-all".
I like the idea of frequent guest companions. We would get to see more people travel with him and new combinations of people as well. This could help keep things interesting. It's better than watching Cilan or Brock doing their thing in every single episode.

I finally remembered my password. Isn't Noctowl psychic and Roggenrola rock?

You're right; I forgot about Roggenrola. Noctowl has psychic abilities, but is a Normal/Flying-type Pokémon.

Cilan was a great Brock replacement, better than Tracey anyway. I think the people who still like Brock didn't watch DP, because everyone who did was sick of him by that point and found him boring.

Brock should have left at the end of the Hoenn/Battle Frontier arc, as that was the last saga his character was still enjoyable in.

As for the female lead who knows. Iris was nothing special, I hope she's more like May was in that she actually has a role in the show and goes through development. Neither Misty nor Iris got much development in the series, the writers work better with the female protagonists from the games.

precita said:
Cilan was a great Brock replacement, better than Tracey anyway. I think the people who still like Brock didn't watch DP, because everyone who did was sick of him by that point and found him boring.

Brock should have left at the end of the Hoenn/Battle Frontier arc, as that was the last saga his character was still enjoyable in.

As for the female lead who knows. Iris was nothing special, I hope she's more like May was in that she actually has a role in the show and goes through development. Neither Misty nor Iris got much development in the series, the writers work better with the female protagonists from the games.

Would you also like to see Cilan go to the Kalos region with Ash? Or do you prefer another character to take over? If so, do you already have ideas based on the game characters revealed? Or maybe characters from previous generations?

I agree with you on Iris and Misty. The writers did not pay much attention to their dreams in the BW series.

I'd prefer Cilan to leave even though I liked him. I know good and well if he stated he'd wind up becoming useless and overdone the same way Brock was.

I don't think the writers will ever have a character stay for more than one generation again anyway.

Drohn said:
Leaf_Ranger said:
I like the idea of frequent guest companions. We would get to see more people travel with him and new combinations of people as well. This could help keep things interesting. It's better than watching Cilan or Brock doing their thing in every single episode.

That's the main reason why I liked Bianca. She had a different personality and since she only appeared from time to time, we could see how she was progressing without getting bored by it. And, more trainers means more Pokémon so it's a nice way to view trainer's different teams.

Psychic Pokemon in the anime are uber. Ash will never ever own one.

Sorry to semi-necro this thread, but I had a question about the upcoming Kalos/XY anime and didn't think it was worth its own thread, so I thought I'd post here in the general XY-anime speculation thread.

Does anyone happen to have an idea, based on previous timing schedules, about when the XY anime will start? It looks like the last episode of Best Wishes is set to air in Japan on 26 September, but I haven't been able to find anything out about actual start dates for whatever the XY season will be called. Will they wait for the actual release, or maybe just start the following week? I'm not sure what the trends generally are. Normally I wouldn't be worrying so far in advance, but I do want to start watching XY from the start, but I'm going to be gone for about a month to various places and will only have spotty internet connectivity.

Back