Ash in Kalos: New Friends, Pokémon, and Goals

Drohn

Wild War Dance
Since it is very likely we will see Ash travel to the Kalos region, what are your thoughts on what his new journey will be like? What Pokémon will he catch and who will his new friends be?

Who will he travel with? So far, most of his companions have been game characters, is it someone we have already seen in the previews of the game?

Copied from the front page (pictures are also on the front page):
Shauna is an incredibly energetic girl who is coming along on the journey to find a dream of her own. She’s friendly and outgoing, and seems to genuinely enjoy all the curiosities you’ll come across on your journey.
Trevor (orange hair) bursts with curiosity about the world around him. He’s an excellent student, and very competitive, wanting to be the first of the group to complete his Pokédex.
Tierno (black shirt) is the dancer of the group and wants more than anything to create a dance team with his Pokémon. Strong, kind, and light on his feet, Tierno gets easily distracted by watching opposing Pokémon during battles because he’s too busy trying to incorporate Pokémon moves into his dances.
Serena or Calem (the playable characters) lives next door to you in Vaniville Town. This character has a passion to become a powerful Pokémon Trainer and sets out on the journey to accomplish that dream.

Are any of these eligible travel companions for the anime? Who would you like to see the most?

____

Personally I would like to see Tierno, based on the description he's a dancer. That could be used for comic relief or even a whole new competition in the Kalos region. Instead of contests, musicals, etc. there could be Pokémon Dansing Competitions. At the E3 it was mentioned that France was chosen as a inspiration because of their link to beauty. When I hear that I think of Art, and the Art of Dance is one of the possibilities.

In Hoenn and Sinnoh, Ash's partners all had a goal they were working on in the anime. Misty and Iris also had goals (becoming a Water-type and Dragon-type Master, respectively), but they did not actively participate in competitions or anything of that sort to accomplish their goals, unlike May and Dawn with their contests. What will the new partner strife for and how? Could Ash partner up with a rival that, just like himself, strives to be a Pokémon Master?

So far Ash caught Krabby and Corphish, will he catch Clauncher to add to his collection? Or will Froakie be his Water-type partner? Maybe he'll catch both, or get a complete different Water-type like Skrelp?! I can definitely see Ash partner up with a Grass-type like Chespin too.

Inferchomp

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Ash in Kalos: New Friends, Pokémon and Goals

I, for some strange reason, think Cilan will keep travelling with Ash into Kalos. Not unlikely, but Cilan appears to be the type that would much rather travel to show off his connoisseur skills than be cramped up in the gym in Striaton City. Still, like I said, highly unlikely.

Iris is nearly without-a-doubt not going to Kalos: she'll return to the Village of Dragons to actually become a dragon master, or she'll decide that she wants to go back through all the Unova gyms to enter in the next Unova League then become Champion... Iris could have been a real interesting character since dragons are these awesome creatures and she seemed very lively, yet she just kept on saying the same thing over and over again.

Serena/Calem - Out because their art designs don't seem like they would fit in the anime universe, like I'd be shocked if they talked.

Shauna looks like she could be the female protagonist. Energetic like Iris, but hopefully not as belittling. Her energy could cause problems (sort of like Bianca).

Tierno could be a rival of Ash (reminds me of Stephan/Kenyan for some reason), a rival of one of Ash's companions in dance contests, or the companion that competes in contests. There hasn't been a male companion that primarily competes in contests (Brock = breeder; Tracey = I honestly forget; Cilan = connoisseur/train lover) and he could provide the classic big guy comic relief.

I hope Trevor does not become a companion because his hair is bothersome.

As for the Pokémon, it'd be nice if Ash just got one of the starters and evolved it all the way before the league. I could see him bringing along Scraggy, or Scraggy just going to Kalos (like how Aipom joined Ash in Sinnoh by being a stowaway.) Other than that, I do not see him bringing any old 'Mons with to Kalos (barring any of his old 'Mons get new evolutions and the anime would want to showcase that evolution with one of Ash's.)

Bashamo

The Original Fire Fighter!

Well here's something we can assume:

In the anime ash always has the regional bird (or an evolution of it), the grass-type starter, a non-evolving water-type (krabby being an exception), a fire-type that comes from an abusive environment, and pikachu.

With that info we can say chespin is practically a given on his team, if scraggy doesn't come along he'll probably pull a phanpy and have it randomly come along late in the show to evolve or something.

Drohn

Wild War Dance

I really hope to see Scraggy in Kalos, especially since Ash hatched him and he hasn't evolved yet. I am also hoping for Gible to return and become a Gabite. He has been shown to be very powerful, and I think he's due to evolve. Personally, I hope to see Ash being accompanied by new game characters. It has been nice to see Dent and Iris in the anime, but I think it would also be great to see the newer characters and get to know them better (mainly the playable characters). So far, we have never seen a male playable character from the games join Ash on his journey. I hope to see that change this time around (it will be nice to see the anime version of the character I'm playing with).

Salamencetrainer34

I am out of smash codes.

I can see Trevor going in the show, maybe as a side character/rival? I swear to god, if Cilan stays.... I will be raging! I think Brock will return though...

Inferchomp

Aspiring Trainer

Drohn said:
I really hope to see Scraggy in Kalos, especially since Ash hatched him and he hasn't evolved yet. I am also hoping for Gible to return and become a Gabite. He has been shown to be very powerful, and I think he's due to evolve. Personally, I hope to see Ash being accompanied by new game characters. It has been nice to see Dent and Iris in the anime, but I think it would also be great to see the newer characters and get to know them better (mainly the playable characters). So far, we have never seen a male playable character from the games join Ash on his journey. I hope to see that change this time around (it will be nice to see the anime version of the character I'm playing with).

Definitely could see Cilan/Dent being gone, but he just seems like a "stage-5-clinger" and I'm not sure why. He is likely gone because I think Pokémon is trying to be fresh with everything going into this Gen (though they were somewhat "fresh" with Gen 5), but that's more game-wise I suppose.

I want Scraggy in the mix, and, yes, how could I forget about Gible? He has so much potential.

You make a good point - no male playable character from the games has joined Ash on his journey. I just can't see Calem (or Xavier) being in the anime, though. To me, his design looks like he'd be silent.

Bashamo

The Original Fire Fighter!

The only 2 male playable characters I could see traveling with Ash are Ethan and Brendan.

Ghost King

I am the Ruler of all Ghost Pokemon.

He also always has at least one gym leader traveling with him.
Generations:
1.Brock and misty
2.Brock and misty
3.Brock and (Normans kids: May and max)
4.Brock
5.Cilan

Also at the end of Gen.III max started on his journey so maybe he might be back

Drohn

Wild War Dance

Ghost King said:
He also always has at least one gym leader traveling with him.
Generations:
1.Brock and misty
2.Brock and misty
3.Brock and (Normans kids: May and max)
4.Brock
5.Cilan

Also at the end of Gen.III max started on his journey so maybe he might be back

Was Max not left at home until he was old enough to travel? Since Ash did not age (yet) and doesn't seem older in the X&Y picture, I doubt Max would travel with him as a trainer.

I would rather see more X&Y characters in the anime instead of older characters. So far we've seen one Gym leader who is a journalist. Maybe she would want to travel with Ash to find good stories around the region? Not very likely, but it's all possible I guess =P

Elite Stride

♫ I'm on the road to Viridian City ♫

I can guarantee you Cilan won't be returning, to those who are worried he might. Haha

Ghost King, I think it would be pretty cool to see Max or an older character come back to travel for a little while. Oh boy that would do wonders for those of us who are the nostalgic types! I don't think they should be the official traveling companions though because they had their spotlight in other generations (and I'm not just referring to Ash's old traveling partners, it would be good to see any of the notable characters or even the rivals travel with him for a little while.) I always look forward to the new main characters though. Usually I hate them and first and then I quickly grow to like them. At first I hated Iris and Cilan, now I don't want to say goodbye to them. *tear*. You build a connection to the characters.

What I think would be extremely interesting to see is Ash traveling with two females instead of one male one female. This goes against the trend though, and I know it would never happen for other reasons that I won't even go into here.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

The only thing I'm building a connection to is Cilan's departure from this series forever:

4eie6hK.png

I hope we never see him again.

lol. ~ES

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

As a current-anime outsider, I've seen a lot of hatred towards Cilan. Is that more because his character was terrible or repressed anger due to Brock leaving and any not-Brock male sidekick would have gotten the same amount of hate?

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

For me it's just because I hate his character. He's so annoying. I've only seen a few episodes of the bw anime and in every one he wouldn't shut up about food puns. Plus I hate the way he looks. Like, ew.

I miss Brock as much as the next guy, but I'm at least open to cool sidekicks. Cilan is... not it. No. Then again, the Kalos Krew doesn't look too much better, but I'm willing to wait for XY anime to pass judgment on them.

Jungletoad

Aspiring Trainer

Brock would have been epic, Misty would have been even more epic :3
I don't know why I am even hoping for the return of Misty when it obviously won't happen :'( I watched all the episodes up until she left :3

Drohn

Wild War Dance

I would love to see Misty return in the anime, too; I really disliked that she left in the first place. Although I like the new characters too, I would never mind seeing Misty return.

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

I doubt that Brock and Misty will be returning, but if they did.... *_*

I can see Trevor traveling with the group. I find him the equivalent to Max for this region. Always curious about the Pokemon and environment around him and constantly watching battles and researching strategies.

Tierno would be an interesting companion. I can definitely see him being the more playful type, getting easily distracted, finding trouble, and constantly dancing around the group. >.>'

Having either Viola or Alexa join on Ash's journey would be another interesting sight. I find Alexa to be the more serious type that truly cares about her job, while Viola seems to be the more curious type, and I wouldn't be surprised if she has a similar personality to Todd, constantly wanting to take pictures of anything interesting that comes into sight.

precita

Aspiring Trainer

Ugh, how could anyone want Brock back? He was so dull and bland in DP that it felt like a relief he was finally gone. I think some of you didn't watch DP because everyone who did pretty much disliked him and was glad he left.

As for Misty, bringing up a character whose been gone for a decade and doesn't even get cameos/guest appearances anymore is pointless. Misty is obviously never going to appear in the anime again, its been 10 years and 3 generations since she was last relevant. And she was pretty much background material for the entire span of Johto anyway.

Ash is probably just going to travel with two new people every gen now. Iris/Cilan are surely going to leave and be replaced by two new companions.

Salamencetrainer34

I am out of smash codes.

I cant imagine Iris and Cilan staying with him. I mean really, what will it be like?

Iris: Ash! I wanna go with you!

Ash: Don't you have a gym to tend to?

Iris: lol You're such a kid!
----------------------------------
Cilan: Ash, may I come along?

Ash: Don't you have a gym to tend to?

Cilan: I got 2 brothers there to take care of it

Ash: Well, they surely need your help (Please leave,please leave)

Inferchomp

Aspiring Trainer

It says "Goals" in the thread topic, so what goals do you think Ash & Friends should go for? (Other than the obvious gym badges and winning the league)

Drohn

Wild War Dance

Inferchomp said:
It says "Goals" in the thread topic, so what goals do you think Ash & Friends should go for? (Other than the obvious gym badges and winning the league)

I believe Ash will stick to his usual goal of becoming a Pokémon Master. However, his friends are often shown to have complete different goals, and can enter different competitions (contests, for example). I thought that if Tierno became his companion (who loves dancing), a new feature could be introduced; dancing competitions. Maybe this time will be completely different, and Ash will, for once, travel with a rival. Or maybe a trainer who wants to be a Fairy-type master, to promote the new type.