Ash in Kalos: New Friends, Pokémon, and Goals

RE: Ash in Kalos: New Friends, Pokémon and Goals

Thanks for the help! ^
Drohn said:
I totally agree with Ash having to evolve his Pokémon. It's nice that they start of cute and sweet, but I want to see them grow into strong powerhouses. Not simply so they can win every battle, but to show the progress they made.

Since nostalgia seems to play a big part this generation, do you think Ash will start using his older Pokémon in Kalos before reaching the league?

I would love to see some of his older Pokémon evolve. Typhlosion needs to happen! Since they finally decided to let Ash have Dark-type Pokémon, Corphish could evolve as well.

Ultimately, I would like for all new pokemon to be used for the gym battles. At least the first 6 or so, where he could bring back some old pokemon for the remaining stronger gyms and the pokemon league.

Crawdaunt would definitely be an asset in the league, considering Ash should mix up his team as to not tire them out or be predictable to his opponents.

Ash would have a chance at some success in the league if he brought along a freshly-evolved Typhlosion, or, if he got around to it, a Garchomp? I know he hasn't gotten his Gible to even evolve into Gabite, but still. Pseudo legend on Ash's team?

I also really want his Gible to evolve. I felt like it was strong enough to evolve in DP already. Watching him evolve after or during his battle with Dusknoir would have been awesome.

Another opportunity I had in mind was to practice with Axew. This way they could train and evolve together. In the beginning Axew was really weak, but now he seems to be quite strong. I think he'd almost be able to keep up with Gible.

I doubt he'll go from Gible to Garchomp in XY -although I would love it-, however, Gabite I can definitely see happening.

zappy800 said:
Blob55 said:
Don't you mean Dedenne? I didn't see a Bunnelby in the Animé preview.

No I know he has Dedenne but I heard about Bunnelby from a competing site that is trustworthy. (y'know relatively considering it isn't an official pokemon site) I think they got it from the magazine Dengeki which revealed the first 2 japanese episode titles.

I hope its role is as big as Stunfisks, as I find Bunnlby really ugly and generic looking.

Blob55 said:
zappy800 said:
No I know he has Dedenne but I heard about Bunnelby from a competing site that is trustworthy. (y'know relatively considering it isn't an official pokemon site) I think they got it from the magazine Dengeki which revealed the first 2 japanese episode titles.

I hope its role is as big as Stunfisks, as I find Bunnlby really ugly and generic looking.

Agreed Bunnelby is ugly but at least stunfisk is SUPPOSED to look like that besides in game or on the show it has a decent typing. Actually I can't remember the last time Cilan battled I sure hope Clemont isn't like that.

Just remembered on that japanese X/Y anime commercial you can see lickitung, doduo, ditto, and swanna so we might be able to get those. :D

Drohn said:
Speaking of nostalgia, where was Primeape during BW?! The title song got my hopes up. Definitely wishing for his return.

Let Primeape stay wherever it is in training. Primeape is one of those that shouldn't return, just like Charizard, because they won't get any personality nor physical development, they're are just ready fighting machines that some stupid people decided to train while Ash still keeps them as its own.
Ahs stil has a Bulbasaur, Totodile, Squirtle, Corphish and Gible, all of which are better choices.

zappy800 said:
Blob55 said:

Agreed Bunnelby is ugly but at least stunfisk is SUPPOSED to look like that besides in game or on the show it has a decent typing. Actually I can't remember the last time Cilan battled I sure hope Clemont isn't like that.

I don't mind how Stunfisk looks, as I know it's supposed to look weird. I just don't like how Bunnugly looks, because I honestly can't see why the designers would think that's good. I mean, have any of you seen a really ugly rabbit? I get why Snubble is ugly, because some Dogs ARE ugly, but really? Rabbits?
I just hope that you can only get it in Y.

Blob55 said:
I like that Wobbuffet is back, because he actually had character, unlike Woobat and the like.

Like I've said before, Unova T.Rocket's Pokémon were utterly shallow. Wobbuffet is the perfect example of something that I've also said before about how I would like to see T.R. being goofy but only between them and not showing that when trying to annoy the brats. Wobbuffet is one of the few that still has potencial because he's a powerfull Pokémon if used correctly and we've already seen his funny moments when the others are trying to come up with a plan. But in the end, we'll most likely only see the good o'l Wobbuffet being funny inside the group and in battle being nothing more that a member of the singing motto and one that gets blown away.

TokenDuelist said:
I'd say
"Let the shipping commence" with Serena and Ash but....

For once in Pokemon
The Ship sails itself.

I hope that she gets zapped by one of Pikachu's attacks and on purpose! :cool:
I was going to say that Serena shouldn't be Ash's "love interest", but Misty instead, but then again Misty has come a long way since "breaking up" with Ash so " I'll " let Ash be with Serena because that way only they get ruined.

I've removed some posts. Let's stay on topic of Ash in Kalos! You can discuss Pokémon (including your opinion on their design) here! If you relate your opinion to this topic you can also post it here. :)

Anyway, this new series of the anime just has such a promising look to it. Ash may finally get older, (I don't care if they just make him 11, it's about time they did this) his new companions look to be promising. The only problem I have is that barely any of the new Pokémon have reached my all time favourites yet.

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I think it's pretty much confirmed that Ash won't be aging at all, yet again, in the new X Y series. :(

I skimmed over all the screenshots of the last episode of the BW series, and he pretty much just goes straight from the boat, to his house, spends the night, then goes right back on the plane to Kalos, all of this with the lady that has the Helioptile. There doesn't seem to be any sort of time skip what so ever, unless time actually passed during his journey through Unova and he wouldn't be more than a year or a few months older if that's the case.

Please do correct me if I misinterpreted those screenshots.

Zielo said:
I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I think it's pretty much confirmed that Ash won't be aging at all, yet again, in the new X Y series. :(

I skimmed over all the screenshots of the last episode of the BW series, and he pretty much just goes straight from the boat, to his house, spends the night, then goes right back on the plane to Kalos, all of this with the lady that has the Helioptile.

Please do correct me if I misinterpreted those screenshots.

I saw them. Our only hope now, is that the plane ride is a rather long one. A VERY long one.

Ash_with_his_Pok%C3%A9mon.png

Look at how small Swellow is. X_X
Totodile and Gible look like they're seeing how wide they can open their mouths and Noctowl is all "Yep..."
The Tauros eyes around Charizard are creepy.
Muk looks sad. :(
Infernape looks smug.
Crophish is the most generic image.

Infernape: I had the best character arc out of everyone here!

Woah they actually remembered he has thirty Tauros! Weird he only ever used one....

*[mod]Drohn[/mod]: I removed the quote due to the size of the image. :p*

It's so nice seeing all Pokémon together! *cries a little because Pidgeot and Butterfree aren't there*

Not to mention Squirtle! Can't the rest of his squad evolve and decide they don't need him anymore? I want to see him in the anime again!

I'd love to see Ash travel with Bulbasaur and Fennekin through Kalos. Both are unevolved. He might get Fennekin from the Kalos starters and use and/or evolve his Kanto starters. Since the Kanto starters are available in-game I don't think it's too farfetched. He did seem to be close to Froakie in the trailer, however.

Ash is likely to get Froakie and Fletchling.

Ashs Squirtle and Bulbasaur can't evolve, because Bulbasaur refuses to and Squirtle respects him for that, which is sorta why Squirtle refuses to evolve too.

I can't believe it took them years to finally reveal that Gliscor is at Oaks.

General thoughts about the anime:
In the trailer, Ash is seen with a Froakie. If the Froakie becomes his, which I assume will happen, I am crossing my fingers that this is the water starter that finally evolves.

Mega Charizard. 'nuff said.
No but seriously, with all the big fuss about bringing Charizard back into the picture towards the end of the BW anime, this is bound to happen.

I am really interested in the relationship between Serana and Ash, as apparently they knew each other in the past.

My one wish is to see Oshawott still around. Ash's Oshawott has got to be the best written Pokemon ever (as a character), except maybe Pikachu. Oshawott has more character than some of the humans. He's definitely my favorite one of Ash's Pokemon.

Despite not being exactly what this thread is about, since I think that it fits more in this than in "Team Rocket: Goofy Trio or Serious Criminals? What Will Their Future Bring?!", I would like to ask if someone already has any idea of what will be Team Rocket's Pokémon in Kalos? I was thinking of Skrelp since it's a Poison type and it might learn Smog and that woud help T.R. to escape but then again, Skrelp isn't the best when it comes to mobility outside of water. I would like to see them get a Swirlix whose personality was like that Togepi from Sinnoh, since to me it's always a shock to see a Pokémon that looks cute and harmless to be a nasty and mean one. Inkay also seems like a good option. Spritzee would make a good choice for Jessie since it has the looks but its evolution seems to be more than what meets the eyes.

Blob55 said:
Bayleef is happy and far away from Ash. I wonder if she still has her crush on him.
Leaf_Ranger said:
I would like to ask if someone already has any idea of what will be Team Rocket's Pokémon in Kalos? I was thinking of Skrelp since it's a Poison type and it might learn Smog and that woud help T.R. to escape but then again, Skrelp isn't the best when it comes to mobility outside of water. I would like to see them get a Swirlix whose personality was like that Togepi from Sinnoh, since to me it's always a shock to see a Pokémon that looks cute and harmless to be a nasty and mean one. Inkay also seems like a good option. Spritzee would make a good choice for Jessie since it has the looks but its evolution seems to be more than what meets the eyes.
I won't be surprised if James catches Swirlix. He already had some cute and small pokemon in his team (Mime Jr, Chimecho, Cacnea). Anyway, no matter what kind of pokemon they have, their future won't be bright.

here's the opening of the new anime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5zH6ZF9Wt6M#t=35

It actually seems promising!

Back