Ash in Kalos: New Friends, Pokémon, and Goals

Didn't like the opening, it suffers from the same problem as the characters and plots: lack of innovation. An all happy and fluffly group being followed by the T.R. morons and shadowed figures who promise mystery, excitement and perhaps danger but will turn out to be dull or, if they are T.Flare, will be defeated in at least five episodes throughout the whole series, they'll be the reason why Ash meets the region's main legendaries but, as always, by the next episode Ash will already have his sights in winning the next Gym badge so he can again be defeated in the region's League.

Place your bets on who is to be Ash's next cooking slave. His long time no see female friend, the childish female brat or, staying true to old habits, the male dork of the group that this time even has some cooking robot (we never know) that gets broken due to Ash's hunger?

ryter78 said:
here's the opening of the new anime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5zH6ZF9Wt6M#t=35

It actually seems promising!

I think this opening reveals quite a bit of conversation for this thread. I assume that Serena (or whatever) is going to be like May or Dawn, more of a friend than a pain (misty, iris). The boy in there is going to be like Max, except more grown up. A am assuming that the little girl is going to be a pain... and will be very, very clumsy.

EDIT: The boy is the gym leader... lol. Maybe a sort of Cilan style?

They should have stuck with 4-people groups all along. Going back to trios for DP and Best Wishes seemed odd.

Still it makes you wonder why everytime they did a 4-person group it had to include a younger little kid character. Why not 4 trainers the same age?

Actually kinda excited about this - recently saw the japanese opening, which has left me with high hopes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4RwNUTkz-o
Thanks to this and the trailer, there's been some encouraging things in it.
1) We know that ash will probably catch froakie, and we saw in the trailer that froakie had been injured. With the other 2 have not very promising evolutions, it looks like quite a good choice. I think we can also deduce froakie will be caught early on, which is good. Also, is it just me, or does froakie look slightly like chimchar as it goes through evolutions? if so... promising times ahead!
2) Ash doesn't look like a noob! Pikachu's battle in the trailer looked pretty epic, and not like the enemy was a level 5 either! Also, with Clemont's inquisitive sister tagging along, ash won't need to re-learn everything if he can explain it to her. Furthermore, the epic battle with garchomp that appears in the trailer, makes ash look a bit stronger... is he more mature???
3) In the trailer, when we first see Serena, we have a flashback of ash as a younger child - does this mean she's somehow connected to his past? If so, it may be interesting to link in some of the older people and pokemon from the anime.
4) Ash has always had someone older travelling with him... until now! They're all the same height, and if anything, ash looks the oldest! Is he finally mature enough to be the oldest in the group? If so... that could mean he's a pro!
SO maybe ash'll do better this time round? :)

demisolia said:
Actually kinda excited about this - recently saw the japanese opening, which has left me with high hopes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4RwNUTkz-o
Thanks to this and the trailer, there's been some encouraging things in it.
1) We know that ash will probably catch froakie, and we saw in the trailer that froakie had been injured. With the other 2 have not very promising evolutions, it looks like quite a good choice. I think we can also deduce froakie will be caught early on, which is gud. Also, is it just me, or does froakie look slightly like chimchar as it goes through evolutions? if so... promising times ahead!
2) Ash doesn't look like a newbie! Pikachu's battle in the trailer looked pretty epic, and not like the enemy was a level 5 either! Also, with Clemont's inquisitive sister tagging along, ash won't need to re-learn everything if he can explain it to her. Furthermore, the epic battle with garchomp that appears in the trailer, makes ash look a bit stronger... is he more mature???
3) In the trailer, when we first see Serena, we have a flashback of ash as a younger child - does this mean she's somehow connected to his past? If so, it may be interesting to link in some of the older people and pokemon from the anime.
4) Ash has always had someone older travelling with him... until now! They're all the same height, and if anything, ash looks the oldest! Is he finally mature enough to be the oldest in the group? If so... that could mean he's a pro!
SO maybe ash'll do better this time round? :)

I have high hopes for that to happen. I just get the feeling this series will explore new elements and character development.

Back