TCG Fakes Zygarde's Image-Based Cards - Happy Birthday card!

Man, it's been an year since I offered those requests, gotta finish 'em all sometime >_>

---

The first and only Special Energy from Welkin:
73%20coacutepia_zpsawu87gjz.png
Effect wise it is just a Cyclone Energy reprint. I kinda like the blank, but some parts of it weren't as touched up as I'd like. I made the artwork tough! :)

What program do you use? I tried following the FA texture tutorial you posted and couldn't find half of the options. I am using Photoshop CS6.

Oops, forgot to say that the tutorial is exclusive for GIMP. Don't let that keep you from trying it. At first I was a little iffy to use it since I'm so used to Photoshop, but it's pretty simple actually.

Blaziken, Empoleon and Serperior:
4%20coacutepia_zpsr8akdzcz.png
6%20coacutepia_zpsdzfpcl1a.png
17%20coacutepia_zpsn1i1tjhu.png
Blaziken's attack is Magnezone Prime's Lost Burn without the Lost Zone and weaker.
Empoleon has a weaker form of Blastoise Unleashed's Hydro Launcher
Serperior has the same Power as Skyridge Beedrill

I chose this starter trio because both Blaziken and Empoleon are birds. And both Serperior and Empoleon are Royal Pokémon.

Remember that Mareep I posted a few time ago? Well...

27%20coacutepia_zpsiq56pxid.png
3%20coacutepia_zps6i4vob1q.png
78%20coacutepia_zps7zsyuret.png
I think we all agree that Mega Pokémon should be treated as Lv Xs by this point. The colors used for the holo bar on under the artwork and for the Mega Pokémon rule box are the same as the ones from the Ampharosite Mega Stone.

Stay tuned, the next update will be the one Secret Rare from the set!

Last edited:
I really would love to see Mega Evolutions reworked as a Lv.X-like mechanic. This was a very nice envisioning of how that would work! :D

Why did you go with +20 instead of 140 HP? The normal LvXs use 140 I believe, so Im curious with why you chose the former.

I love the Ampharos line you did! My one thought is that the Dark Energy cost on the Mega is kind of odd. Ampharos is one of the much more peaceful Lightning Types out there, so I think something like Psychic/Lightning or Fairy/Lightning would match better. Just a thought.

Why did you go with +20 instead of 140 HP? The normal LvXs use 140 I believe, so Im curious with why you chose the former.

I want to give the Mega cards more of an upgrade feeling rather than an evolutionary Stage, so its HP depends entirely on its base form. Also, it kinda bugs me that due to power creep soon enough regular Pokémon will have more HP than the older Lv Xs forms. Magnezone already got to its Lv X's HP :<

I love the Ampharos line you did! My one thought is that the Dark Energy cost on the Mega is kind of odd. Ampharos is one of the much more peaceful Lightning Types out there, so I think something like Psychic/Lightning or Fairy/Lightning would match better. Just a thought.

I wanted to use Fairy instead, but I made the setlist before the Fairy type was even released on the TCG (yep, it's an old project) and since Dragons accelerate Energy on my reboot, I needed a type that would actually be useful to have acceleration for. I chose Dark because Ampharos is has those black patterns on it and is associated with providing light (Lightning type) during nights/storms (Dark) for seafolks.

Glad you guys liked the cards, I was getting worried cause I had to quadruple post to get any comments at all ;__;
It seems like I'll finally be able to finish this set. After I do, I'll playtest some decks with my brother before starting the next expansion. Maybe make some Promos to balance the game after I discover how it'll shape to be.

00%20coacutepia_zpsq29dqsde.png
Next update will most likely include all the common mons of the set, as I'm almost done with those.

Looks good. Competitively it is useless. Why would you ever want to skip out on taking a prize?

Because Friendship?

It reminds me a bit of Charity, back on gym heroes; I loved that card, but I never quite understood why you wouldn't want to knock out your opponent's pokemon.
Regardless, I loved it, I always included my one copy in my deck.

That shaymin is lovely, I like that it seems more geared towards matches between friends (healing your pokemon to make the game last longer, not picking up prizes) than towards complete and utter annihilation, as most cards today seem to go to.

Last edited:
Looks good. Competitively it is useless. Why would you ever want to skip out on taking a prize?
In Welkin, Legendary Pokémon are all about alternate winning conditions. The main ones (version mascots) will have a Poké Power that works quite like Lost World. Event Legendaries focus more on helping decks that don't focus on taking prizes, but that may Knock Out 1 Pokémon ore two.Also milling is much more reliable in Welkin since most [M] Pokémon involve milling.
Also, since this is a Secret Rare, I wanted it to be very niche. More like eye candy. It might end up being useless.

Massive update! 10 cards.

35%20coacutepia_zpsxstay788.png
53%20coacutepia_zpsyq2igvwm.png
22%20coacutepia_zpsc0fkjk7y.png
56%20coacutepia_zpsezk2m00c.png
33%20coacutepia_zpsice5axnv.png
48%20coacutepia_zps4gwxbstk.png
43%20coacutepia_zpsj4mewwav.png
44%20coacutepia_zpsq9hwbhsw.png
46%20coacutepia_zpspnsfs83g.png
47%20coacutepia_zpsc6yklfvz.png

Very cool! I love how Koffing is still considered a Psychic-type for type purposes but has a different kind of background to differentiate him as non-native Psychic-type. It's a cool way to keep the current types while still giving attention to the different types that aren't included in the TCG. Plus, it's my favourite Koffing TCG art! :D

Back