ORAS Your Team in OR / AS?

Whitefire said:
Blaziken [torchic] is so overused but ive never used it once, in all my restarts of Ruby and in emulators.

Its gonna be the least picked starter of any pokemon game this time though.
Anywhere I see polls, its like 40% Treecko 50% Mudkip xD
Because gamefreak gave one to everyone in XY including its new mega evolution.
Still don't get why they did that lol.

No love for Torchic.. I feel bad for the little fire bird but what can you do GF it is your fault for giving away its mega stone in XY ( why ? just.. why?)

Anyway obviously for me its going to be Treecko.
The dragon type the great look and the sheer fun every time I'll switch on electric attack and get a free boost. :) even if I most likely wont need it because it is just in game battles but still.. its so much fun :D

As for the rest of my party I will leave it to the future. Altaria is the only one Im considering right now
(really hope fore a mega)

Swampert and Sableye for sure,might save Sableye as that "unexpected mega" and a flyer(Skarmory,Swellow,Crobat). I might add Shiftry/Ludicolo depending on the version.

I'm waiting to see if there's any additions to the Hoenn Dex, but assuming there's not, I'm leaning towards:

Sceptile
Mightyena
Manectric
Medicham
Camerupt
Skarmory

I'm mainly using stuff that I haven't used before and think would be pretty strong. I wanted to use Sceptile because it was the only Hoenn starter I never really used, and now I want it even more because it gains Dragon type when it Mega Evolves. Mightyena I pretty much chose to cover Psychic and Ghosts, the other Ghost and Dark types I've either used before or don't like. Manectric I chose because I never really used one, because I like Electric types, and because it has a Mega Evolution (although I probably won't be using it as much as Sceptile). Camerupt is a Pokemon that I've wanted to use ever since it got Anger Point, so unless I can get my hands on an HA Numel fairly early I'm going to end up breeding for it. And then Skarmory is for Fairy type coverage because I don't really like any of the Poison types in Hoenn (sans Crobat and Roselia which I've already used before) and because it's the only Steel type I like that I haven't really used (except Mawile, which I'm saving for another Kalos game).

My team will probably be:
Torkoal
Bellossom
Alakazam
Flygon
Donphan
Raichu (just for the sake of having an Electric Type. Sorry, Jolteon, but Game Freak hates you. See you in Gen. 7!)

I am definitely picking Mudkip as my starter in AS. I'm thinking of getting a female so she can breed with my original male Swampert from Sapphire. Swampert FTW!

I'm probably also gonna pick some other Pokemon I relied heavily on back in Gen III, most likely Gardevoir, Raichu or Manectric, Swellow and Flygon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them to reveal Mega Flygon!

Well, lucky for me, in preparation for X/Y, I RNGd a shiny Treecko, a flawless Mudkip(because purple shinies arent my thing), and a few others in BW(because I thought most starters from gen 1-3 would get megas to be on par with gens 4-6)- so I may just start my playthrough with those and maybe an HP Ice Electrike as well. From there I have no idea. I would do an all Dragon team with Sceptile, but I have done Dragon playthroughs to death now, and essentially ran out of Dragon types to do it with lol.

My current "dream" team will be:

Flygon
Wailord
Breloom
Cradily
Sceptile
Sharpedo/Huntail

I might swap out Cradily for maybe Kabutops or another Hoenn Pokemon like Swellow or Cacturne etc.

All I know is I wanna keep the "Water/Tropical" theme going with ORAS so I want a lot of Grass and Water types on my team. I've also considered making a Ghost team just as an excuse to use a Banette and by extensive Mega Banette. Idk, November is a long time from now I probably will change my mind.

My team will probably be Swampert, Minun and Zangoose for starters. Maybe I will add a Breloom or Tropius.

I do possibly plan on getting both AS and OR, so in the other game I'll be starting with Sceptile and maybe breeding some Pokemon to put on the other version team (depends at this point in time).

As more of a roleplayer, I was thinking of transferring my old pokémon team, from my original sapphire to x/y, and breeding them, then playing through alpha sapphire with the children of my old pokes for the nostalgia factor!
If I don't do that, I'll just be collecting my favourite pokémon which will probably be the exact same as my original team anyways.
I want to leave it up to time to decide what I'll use, because if I don't choose what I chose for my original playthrough I will probably use pokes I've never used before like Masquerain, Slaking, Exploud, Delcatty, Tentacruel, and possibly Sableye or Mawile seeing as they both have megas now.

If they bring wonder trade into OR/AS, I will do a wonderlocke in my first playthrough and let fate determine my team, and if they don't have wondertrade, I will most likely just do a nuzlocke.

Like every time I play the game, I narrow things down to meeting the following criteria:

- offering type diversity
- providing a healthy mix of physical, special, and mixed walls / attackers to the team
- being available at least halfway through the game
- my overall opinion of the Pokemon and its design

I'm pleased with the results. Only problem is that I will need to trade Mawile over since I'm playing Alpha Sapphire. ^_^

9oPOW0L.png

I'm going to do a nuzlocke the first time around, so I don't really have much choice (I don't use gift Pokemon).
The second time I will use a rain dance team that will be complete around the third gym.
Team: Swampert (Water/Ground), Rain Dish Ludicolo (Water/Grass), Gyarados (Water/Flying), Swift Swim Seaking (Water), Crobat (Poison/Flying) and Lightningrod Manetric (Electric)

I think this will be my early game OR Team
Marshtomp
Poochyana
Ralts

I'm not really sure about the other 3, I know I want Salamance and Aegislash but I'm not sure if those will be accessible by the time I need a built team. Perhaps I'll take a Manetric too, I used to have a shiny Manetric named Sparky (until I traded it for a shiny Hydreigon)

TheTPCProductionz said:
Your name is Lanturnman ?. No Lanturn, and you have Azumarill in your sig no him either?

I assume ORAS will have the same wild Pokemon in each route, cave, etc. as RS. I wanted my team to be complete around the third gym, because of that I couldn't include Lanturn. Chinchou can only be found in the underwater routes, which are only accessible after you have defeated Tate and Liza.
If I decide to switch a few Pokemon between the seventh gym and the league I will switch Crobat and Manetric for Lanturn and Regice, but that depends on my brother's team.
As for Azumarill, I use it very often and I wanted something new, so I decided that I will use a Seaking instead.

RE: What will your team for ORAS be?

Aerodactyl said:
I'm just going to Nuzlocke my first go around! I haven't nuzlocked in Gen 3 yet and it seems the perfect opportunity to do so. I am going to start with Swampert though, he was always my starter for Gen 3. I don't love the look of his new mega, but I know I'll warm up to it.

I wonder how many people this time are just going to skip getting a blaziken, I mean so many people use it in X/Y, I'm sure they will want something new.

Anyway, as far as what I'm hoping to get in Gen 3... I really want to end up with a bunch of pokemon I've never used before. I want a camerupt, wailord, ludicolo, and especially Tropius! I don't care if I end up with a bad team balance, I really want the challange.
Instead of Nuzlocke, try playing without pokemarts! Only use items you pick up off the ground. You won't lose pokemon, and end up with tons of cash at the end.

I would like to see what an all Electric team will be like, I may do that. Humm I hope they add more Pokemon in which I think they will. I am pretty limited.

Raichu
Manetric
Magneton
Electrode
Lanturn
Pikachu (He's my favourite Pokemon)

I'll choose Alpha sapphire, because Sapphire has better exclusives, and I like Team Aqua's redesign! My team sounds girly, I'll choose May as my player. So, here's my team.

* Blaziken
* Beautifly
* Gardevoir
* Roserade
* Flygon
* some random water type Pokemon

I've narrowed down my team to this

Swampert/Blaziken (Swampert is the better final evo but Mega Blaziken is the better mega evo)
Wailord/Gyrados (Always wanted to use them)
Aggron
Gardevoir/Registeel (If Registeel is obtainable before the champion, I'll get him. If not, Gardevoir)
Shiftry
Golurk

Post Game Team:
Swampert
Blaziken
Sceptile
Wailord
Golurk
Regigigas

Back