XY Your Shiny Hunts

Galaxy Hunter said:
Given my recent lack of luck with hatching a shiny, I'll post pictures of my eight shiny competitive Pokémon (that I will never trade away).

Gardevoir.jpg
Vaporeon.jpg
Ninetales.jpg

Trevenant.jpg
Charizard.jpg
Butterfree.jpg

Lucario.jpg
Metagross.jpg

I would love a clone of your shiny Trev. That thing is one of the best shinies I've seen. (Though, It'd be more fulfilling to raise one up myself.)

Whaaaaat...? How is your shiny Vaporeon female? Did you hatch a million eggs or was it all just luck? >.>;

I want a shiny female Amaura but those odds aren't so good. Could take months before a female shined.

MrSquarepants said:
Whaaaaat...? How is your shiny Vaporeon female? Did you hatch a million eggs or was it all just luck? >.>;

I want a shiny female Amaura but those odds aren't so good. Could take months before a female shined.

It was pure, dumb luck. I couldn't believe it either when she hatched. Hence her nickname: Mira, short for 'Miracle'.

In the last month, my shiny hunting has been vary random. I have looked for some, but others have just jumped out at me. Within the span of a month, I have caught:
Excadrill, Electrike->Manectric, Luvdisc, Marowak, Tympole->Palpitoad->Seismitoad, Dratini->Dragonair->Dragonite, and just last night Furfrou!

The Tympole, Dratini, and Furfrou were all Masuda Method. It has really been working for me lately, with a grand total of 40 shinies.

Just hatched a shiny Turtwig while going for an offensive Torterra build. He's adamant, has overgrow and has the egg move seed bomb. He also has 5 IV's (lacks an attack one, otherwise he'd be perfect) I'll post a picture later.

Well I broke out of my shiny funk this weekend. I killed a shiny Quiladin(kicking myself), I traded for a shiny Fennekin, traded said Fennekin for a shiny Scizor, had the Scizor looked at and it had the worst IV's I've ever seen and traded it back for Fennekin(happy with it now), caught a shiny Emolga and then traded for a shiny Rotom. I feel like I could have had more if I didn't want to battle and train so much.

I am still hatching a shiny Tyrunt with both shiny charm and Masuda Method, but sadly, after 180 or more eggs, I am still getting nothing = =

ekria said:
I am still hatching a shiny Tyrunt with both shiny charm and Masuda Method, but sadly, after 180 or more eggs, I am still getting nothing = =

Keep hatching. 180 is nothing. I simply collect 400~ eggs and only then start hatching them this mathod also brought me 2 shiny pokemon twice

scattered mind said:
ekria said:

Keep hatching. 180 is nothing. I simply collect 400~ eggs and only then start hatching them this mathod also brought me 2 shiny pokemon twice

I agree, 180 is acutally not very much. I'm currently at around 1500 eggs for a shiny Makuhita, and I'm getting real bored ._.

steffenka said:
scattered mind said:

I agree, 180 is acutally not very much. I'm currently at around 1500 eggs for a shiny Makuhita, and I'm getting real bored ._.

I knew that 180 is not very much, so what I am doing recently is hatching eggs and searching shiny pokemon in Friend Safari at the same time.

Yesterday I placed 2 foreign Pokemons that I've got from wonder trade the first was 5IV Chimchar, and the 4IV female was Espurr with HA, and knew 2 egg moves. I hatched after like 36 or less tries a female shiny Espurr with 4IVs, and it knew the ability Keen eye.

Since yesterday, I have obtained 3 shinies. A Pawniard and East Sea Shellos through Masuda, and a random Hoppip through horde training.

Last week I was looking for ekans in hordes. After a couple of tries I found a shiny gligar. At that time I thought it was my first gen 6 shiny but it wasn't. Later that day, while cleaning up some PC boxes, I came across some timburrs. I decided to release the timburrs because I needed to make room for future breeding projects. While releasing the timburrs I came across a shiny timburr which hatched 5 days before i caught the shiny gligar and I didn't even know it.

Lady luck is certainly smiling on me tonight, as I've hatched not one, but two shiny Togepi within about an hour of each other!

Here they are (note the different Sp. Attack stats)

0ecc616b-d8ce-40cc-964e-0ace0ad67d44.jpg

3206cc3a-89ac-4049-ba64-0f6161b12c14.jpg

03c1ca21-1b4b-4b2d-ab77-e8ec331a42bc.jpg

And, as promised, here's my former shiny Turtwig, all grown up.

41122d36-02b4-438b-bead-0646d6fc53fd.jpg

e339e76f-d886-4758-b811-6d452d5a01c3.jpg

And finally, I'd like to give a small tribute to the figurative mother of every single one of my competitive team, and the vast majority of my shiny Pokémon; my Talonflame, 'All-mother'. She was the first of my Gen VI team to reach level 100, and has been invaluable in hatching every Pokémon I've bred as well as ferrying me about Kalos. And when the next generation inevitably arrives, she'll be moving forward with me.

8e138385-a0b7-4552-bad0-d388ed822eec.jpg

1a948430-38b9-4df0-b74e-a721a7d3f9bb.jpg

During my recent Wonder Trade spree, since I decided to trade Darumakas and Litleos, I just so happened to have obtained a shiny Lv. 100 Ditto from Johto through the Wonder Trade.

Whoa, I must have been very lucky last night. That's something rare to happen, and it deserves a mention on this thread.

Just successfully finished off a two-day shiny hunt in a Dragon-type Friend Safari. I was hoping for a Dragonair or a Gabite, but I got a Sliggoo instead, I don't care because he actually has a somewhat usable nature (Timid) despite my using an Adamant Synchronizer. I think I'll try for a different shiny later, perhaps I'll try for a shiny Lapras again, hopefully I won't get another shiny Sneasel.

Update: Just caught a shiny Magmar while looking for a Larvesta or Braixen instead... Resuming shiny Lapras hunt and hoping today's shiny streak holds out to three...

After 700~ eggs I finally got shiny Froakie with HA perfect stats in everything except speed
and it is a female (what are the odds ?)

the pain is that I still have 200~ eggs to hatch .. oh well maybe another shiny will hatch who knows
lol

After a mere 1602 eggs I FINALLY got my shiny Makuhita "Ramen". It has been my longest hunt ever, and I really hope the next hunt is going to be a lot shorter. Al I have to do now is to release the remaining Makuhitas, which takes a long long time ._.

To put things in perspective with how long this hunt has been: I placed a level 1 Jap. Makuhita in the daycare. When it came out, it was level 93. ._.

Attachments

• image (10).jpeg
    image (10).jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 21
After that long hunt for Makuhita, I decided to hunt for Drowzee and after 399 eggs a shiny Drowzee decided to hatch. I'm so happy, it's soo cute! :D

Edit: After a short 123 eggs, I got my shiny Zigzagoon :D

Can't wait to do a mass evolution :3

Attachments

• image (11).jpeg
    image (11).jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 16
  • image (12).jpeg
    image (12).jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 5
I actually caught a shiny corsola, it took me three days of sitting in one spot and fishing over and over again to finally catch one. I actually saw two but the first one fainted because I accidently hit the wrong thing and attacked instead of catching it. I have also been wonder traded a shiny tranquill and a shiny ekans which actually got me in to trying to catch shiny pokemon. I'm actually searching for other shinys, but at the moment I have not found any.

Back