• Ubuntu Linux

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Linux

• Something completely different

• Total voters
RE: PC's or Macs?

I go with Shane Dawson off of youtube do to his Commercial Video that a PC beats up a Mac with a baseball bat and says suck you effort less Jerk or something like the PC's don't mess with 'em

I be savin' up for a Windows 7 netbook. :3

But @ SS fan, PCs only get viruses if you use Internet Explorer with no antivirus.
I think the extra $30-40 on a $300 PC sooo beats a $1000 Mac that can't do a lot of things PCs can do.
Also, Photoshop sucks on the Mac. If you accidentally click the background, it minimizes Photoshop. On a Windows, you can click the gray background all day, and it won't close anything. ^_^
It'll just make you very, very bored... .____.

The ultimate soul silver fan said:
A mac plays world of warcraft :)

I know thats what I think got me liking my mac, but I quit now!!! And am back into pokemon so thats good, wow is way to addicting!

My family is die-hard Mac's. I've grown up on Mac, even at my school. Mac's are great once youj learn how to use them, and they are much more reliable than PC's and last much longer than any PC I've ever seen. Hence why it's a little more pricy than PC's. But, I'd rather pay a little more for a Mac, than having to pay to fix my PC's numerous times a year.

eminentfate said:
But, I'd rather pay a little more for a Mac, than having to pay to fix my PC's numerous times a year.
I don't know what you are talking about. My wife's pc was bought on 2/18/2007 my pc was bought on 4/16/2007. They have been on 24/7 since, without any problems.

PC= Cheap and if I wanna be stylish then I can go visit the pricey Sony Vaio who will still be cheaper. Life is good.

The speed of my macbook keeps me away from both of my PCs about 80% of the time ^_^
I mean, heck, I wouldn't dare play games on a mac, but I basically use it for checking my e-mail, Facebook, forums, ect.

PC > Mac

It's not that Macs are...okay. It's just that they're so freaking overpriced for what you get. You could build a PC that ran just as well or better than a Mac for less the cost, and you can do a lot more with the PC for programs and whatnot. It's just...silly to buy a Mac over a PC.

Mac and poor quality can't go together. Ever. And I'm mr replying to this because If I do people may start flaming. Also, anyone heard of iPads?

Chiraami said:
Mac and poor quality can't go together. Ever. And I'm mr replying to this because If I do people may start flaming. Also, anyone heard of iPads?

I take it you're one of those Mac fanboys who can't accept that the company they adore so much can produce poor products. For example, the iPad is absolutely ridiculous.

They don't produce poor products. And I'm making user I don't post again here. So I presume you're a PC lover that can't stand that there are other OS' better than Windows.

I suggest we both drop it and let others express their views.

Chiraami said:
They don't produce poor products. And I'm making user I don't post again here. So I presume you're a PC lover that can't stand that there are other OS' better than Windows.

I don't mind Mac products, I just can't stand fanboys that can't see a bad product or overpriced product when they see one. Windows has produced poor products in the past, lol. Need I remind everyone of the nightmare that was Vista?

Don't remind me of Vista. Looks strange, is strange. I found it hard to use after for to five years of xp. iPhone are overpriced. I can say that. But sometimes, the way to get something good is to pat lots. And the iPad is ridiculous as it's really a giant iPod touch.

Also, people with Macs, use boot camp. You get the best of both worlds.

Chiraami said:
Don't remind me of Vista. Looks strange, is strange. I found it hard to use after for to five years of xp. iPhone are overpriced. I can say that. But sometimes, the way to get something good is to pat lots. And the iPad is ridiculous as it's really a giant iPod touch.

Also, people with Macs, use boot camp. You get the best of both worlds.

Personally, I think that all Mac products are overpriced for what you get. You can go to alternative products and get more for your money in that instance. I suppose if you can afford them it boils down to a matter of taste, but I would still get the better value.

The Fallen One said:
I take it you're one of those Mac fanboys who can't accept that the company they adore so much can produce poor products. For example, the iPad is absolutely ridiculous.
Or you're one of the haters who can't accept Apple really does make good products? Accusing people of being fanboys just because they favour a company over the competition, for reasons which they can clearly express and which ultimately do make sense seems a bit rude, IMO...

Anyhow, about not being able to admit Apple can make poor products.
The Puck Mouse which came with the original iMac is probably the worst mouse ever made (The whole one-button thing was pretty silly as well, but that mouse takes it to a whole new level), and I honestly have no idea what got into them when they made it. I doubt a lot of Apple "fanboys" will disagree with me on this one.
But even recently, Apple has made some very poor decisions or some ridiculous oversights:
- The Might Mouse's scroll ball got stuck way too often, and the problem was pretty widespread as well.
- Exposé was pretty glitched for the trackpad when Snow Leopard first came out, and it persisted for like 2 updated (and I still prefer the puzzle-style exposé of Leopard over the grid-based one of SL, but whatever).
- iOS4 is way too laggy on older iPhones and iPod Touches (including the 8GB version they still sell today), the sound stops for half a second when going to sleep, what's up with that?
- Numpads, yes Apple, they can be useful. I can sympathise with not adding them to the Macbook Pro line, but no Wireless keyboard with numpad? At least make a wireless numpad...
- Why does the iPad still need to be connected to a computer?
etc.
(Couldn't come up with anything else which really annoyed me ._.)

That being said, I wouldn't trade my Macbook for a PC laptop unless someone held a gun to my face, my next phone will probably end up being an iPhone and I might get an iPad soon (after a lot of deliberations, real-life experience with the product, etc.). Why? Because Apple does make good products. I have an 8-year-old iMac standing next to me which still works like a charm, my Macbook still has more than 90% (almost 95%) of its full battery capacity after a year of extensive use, can still run for more than 7 hours on a full charge, and the only thing which ever caused a kernel panic on any Mac was trying to emulate Windows. On the other hand, all Windows machines I've ever owned have blue-screened (at least once), crashed on a lot of occasions, slowed to a crawl after a year or 2 of use, been infected by at least one virus (although, to be honest, it was Norton Antivirus which killed my '98), most have been in need of repair at least once, I've had a lot of drivers suddenly no longer being supported, etc. etc.

I really like the all-in-one package, the fact that the machines, hardware and OS are made for eachother, which means stuff just works, updating is a breeze and OS-related or hardware-related problems are pretty much non-existant. Life's easy when you don't have to focus on making your computer work so you can actually do what you want to.

Also, Macs may seem way more expensive superficially, but when comparing computers with similar specs (Apple has pretty much no low-end machines, which is rather sad and I do agree is something they should work on), it's usually not that much of a difference, especially when you consider the materials used and how the computer is created. I mean, the Macbook Pro I'm currently using has been carved out of a single block of aluminium, most other laptops are pieces of plastic which have been screwed together.

And the iPad is pretty nifty. I've been in the market for a light and easy-to-carry laptop for quite a while, but the Macbook Air is way too expensive and I can't stand netbooks. I've also been watching Youtube videos on my iPod more and more because it's just easier to carry around, an iPad, with its bigger screen would be even better for it. I guess you might not see a need for one, but that doesn't mean it's stupid.

Apple isn't perfect, but it's definitely one of the few innovators in what is otherwise a boring and dull industry, and they know how to make good products. If that's not enough to like a company for, then sorry, I don't know what is.
And do you honestly think there would be this many "fanboys" if Apple didn't make good products?

Seriously, what Apple products do you want us to admit are crap? The iPad? But in my experience with the product, it's pretty well-made, works great and exactly as advertised and really is quite unique and useful. What else? Or do you want us to admit good products are crap just to restore balance with your side of the discussion?

Back