Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Linux

• Something completely different

• Total voters
RE: PC's or Macs?

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
The Mighty Mouse seems one-button, but that's just because the buttons aren't shown on top, the clicking mechanism is on the bottom. You can enable right-clicking in the System Preferences somewhere. It actually has buttons on the side and a middle-button as well.
Apple's newest mouse, the Magic Mouse, also has the clicking mechanism on the bottom, and if you're willing to download additional software, you can actually configure it to have any number of buttons based on where your fingers are located on the surface.

Even using the Macbook Touchpads you can enable right-clicking using 2 fingers. And with the right software, you can do all sorts of wacky stuff with it (to the point where nobody can use my touchpad anymore :p).

The multitouch trackpad is actually one of the reasons I prefer my Macbook Pro over any other laptop on the market. For one it's actually usable, and on top of that it's far better than a mouse IMO (except for gaming, but I'm more of a console gamer anyway)

Anyhow, I prefer OS X over Windows because it's far more intuitive, safe and actually works as it's supposed to most of the time. I'm somehow still troubleshooting for Windows-user I know quite a lot, and it makes me glad I don't have to deal with any of that anymore...

The UI also feels a lot more logical and clean to me, but I guess that's just a matter of preference.
This should put an end to the whole right click debate.

And Mac ads are at least funny, but they do get old with all the PC bashing.

i prefer PC because you can't update macs with the latest version without buying a new one with PC you can so PC ftw.

batui4 said:
i prefer PC because you can't update macs with the latest version without buying a new one with PC you can so PC ftw.

...yes you can.

batui4 said:

This statement is false. You can.

Also, for all you PC users:
Windows or Linux?

I prefer Windows over Mac.
Why?
Zune >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> iTunes/Pod/Phone/Pad
Zune's UI just is interesting and cool. :3 i(product name goes here) is all gray and... boring. :/

RPG Maker makes games. :D
My main program is Windows-only. Doesn't run on a Mac.

Price (the obvious advantage)
Cheapest Windows computer is like $300 or something. Cheapest Mac is about $1000. I'd rather have full functionality than what I could do with a good browser/antivirus combo.

The windows.
All of the windows on a Mac look like iTunes (hideous). On the more recent versions of Windows, the windows are clear. And that just looks awesome.

If Linux can run "Windows-only" programs, I'd so use that. :D

manooill said:
I like PC's as opposed to Macs. I guess it depends on what you use computers for, I've always seen that most "artsy" people have Macbook Pro's. Does anyone here run on Linux?

Linux, Oh ho ho ho.... Manoli, Manoli... Manoli.... Mano-li-oh... You silly Bananna. I use a computer because I DON'T want a large paperweight.

Setzer (Harry) said:
And because you enjoy things that work and cost less than a small house, you are not a silly banana.
That is one reason, the second is Apple is too controlling.

Pc's are clearly better. Windows XP is a superior operating system to any before, and microsoft is a amazing company

Scyther said:
Pc's are clearly better. Windows XP is a superior operating system to any before, and microsoft is a amazing company

Explain how Microsoft is amazing?

Bulbabuddy said:
Explain how Microsoft is amazing?

It's definitely not amazing, but the amount of programs that are compatible without any other programs is greater on the PC than the mac. The PC interface it better, and the cost of a PC is much less than a mac.

But I will defend you to the death, if only because you encourage people to defend their views.

Setzer (Harry) said:
It's definitely not amazing, but the amount of programs that are compatible without any other programs is greater on the PC than the mac. The PC interface it better, and the cost of a PC is much less than a mac.

But I will defend you to the death, if only because you encourage people to defend their views.

Yes, how true. However I read into Scyther's post as how "Microsoft is a great company" as in like, the execs and such.

Lop, thank you.

I prefer PC's I guess. I mean... Macs are epic but I guess I'm just used to a PC. I wish they'd make like a hybrid mix of the two. That'd be my computer for sure.
WP

Scyther said:
Microsoft has great customer support, and superior programming to apple.
I beg to differ. Apple has the "Genius Bar" where all new Mac owners can take their Apple in an discuss any problems, or just learn how to use it. Microsoft doesn't have its own store, so you only get support over the telephone.

Wariopower said:
I prefer PC's I guess. I mean... Macs are epic but I guess I'm just used to a PC. I wish they'd make like a hybrid mix of the two. That'd be my computer for sure.
WP

That's called Linux. ;)

Back