• Ubuntu Linux

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Linux

• Something completely different

• Total voters
RE: PC's or Macs?

Mac = good. Also a Mac is still a PC. PC is a personal computer and that is what a Mac is. Also Mac
personally looks so much cooler. I started using it after 7 years of Windows XP and it was much much much better.

Chiraami said:
Also a Mac is still a PC. PC is a personal computer and that is what a Mac is. Also Mac

Yes, but Mac calls itself "A Mac" shunning the whole "PC" title.

macs because IMO they've always worked better and I like the look and organization of things on them. Also, I'm more of a console gaming person (I actually hate PC gaming thats not just emulating console games). ALSO, I am a graphic designer so my work is on computers, and I think macs handle photoshop/illustrator/indesign in a better way.

oh and all the neato glossiness of they're products isn't bad either.

I know how to operate both (and use both almost daily), but i'll always prefer pc over mac, PC allows for more use over multiple programs, OS's and distinctly let's you build your PC how you would want to. Mac is entertainment, it's easier to use, it's separate program's let you do quite alot with it, but my only issue is the 3 buckets of encryption code that act as a firewall for it that doesn't allow much owner maintenance you could do for PC to improve performance. cya

LORDY JONES said:
oh and all the neato glossiness of they're products isn't bad either.

That's one of the main reasons I dislike Macs. At one point, the shininess of the icons and buttons was unique and cool. Now every noob who can get their hands on image editing software is like "lol shinnyyyyyyyyyy!!!!11one"
And every time I see the shiny, I always think that they weren't busy being creative enough to come up with something new. :/

Something else I like about PCs (gets back on topic) is that there's tons of manufacturers and stuff. That makes the computers actually suit the user's needs. If you're a gamer, get an Alienware computer. If it's for business or school go with Dell. Whereas Macs are all exactly the same. Every iMac is identical. Every Macbook is identical. There is no variation. No personalization.

Face it. Apple has brainwashed people into being "hip and young."

Paper PokeMaster said:
That's one of the main reasons I dislike Macs. At one point, the shininess of the icons and buttons was unique and cool. Now every noob who can get their hands on image editing software is like "lol shinnyyyyyyyyyy!11one"
And every time I see the shiny, I always think that they weren't busy being creative enough to come up with something new. :/

Something else I like about PCs (gets back on topic) is that there's tons of manufacturers and stuff. That makes the computers actually suit the user's needs. If you're a gamer, get an Alienware computer. If it's for business or school go with Dell. Whereas Macs are all exactly the same. Every iMac is identical. Every Macbook is identical. There is no variation. No personalization.

Face it. Apple has brainwashed people into being "hip and young."

Lol I suppose some of this is true (he types on his MacBook) xD
That's pretty much what got my mom into MacBooks xD "OH NICK LOOK- THIS ONES SHINY!"

However, this MacBook that I've had for a year is still SOOO MUCH FASTER than both of my dells.

Sigh, I would get my own laptop right now but im 12 and pcs get only one thing... VIRUSES!!! And anyways my mom won't let me get one. Unless SOMEONE can get me a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY good reason to get a pc without the viruses, i'll get in.

Macbook Pro's are great for student's and professionals who want a mobile computer, and gaming. Macbook is for the more laid-back computer owner. I personally love my Macbook Pro, and i am a student.

I originally liked the PC better but my family recently got a mac. Ever since then, I liked the Mac better. It isn't that I don't like PCs, but I just like Macs better.

I can function with both, but I really feel Mac's are better. Lots of people are just too used to PC's to try to convert to a Mac. Everyone should try to get familiar with them, be it at the Apple Store, or by making your next computer one.

I understand why everyone doesn't prefer Macs for gaming, even though most have the ability to. If only they made more Mac-Accesible games, then it would be a viable choice for gamers, minus the higher cost.

Mac, only bad thing is you can't play a lot of down-loadable games, they're only for PC. :\

PC for the following reasons:

* More Programs Supported
* You can run either Win, Linux or Intel Mac (The latter I will not explain on how to do here)
* More Customizable with parts (Like Graphics Cards and TV Cards)

I agree, for the gamer, PC's ftw.
For home/student use, I prefer my MacBook.
Yeah, playing games on a Mac is not fun. At all.

I got a mac and I like it. plays the games it can play (few) well but its good for tons of other things. Also if other mac users want a photoshop like program made for macs get Pixelmator. I found out about it awhile ago and LOVE it! Just a heads up. :)

Back