Xbox: A New Generation Revealed! Introducing the Xbox One!

Jonn said:
Rusty Sticks said:
It is not a parody account.

I have reason to believe that it is. The current consensus at NeoGAF is that used games require a fee and an internet connection is required once every 24 hours. Their information is always quick and accurate, so if they haven't made a topic about these tweets yet then it's probably not reputable.

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/status/336936519656943616

@XboxSupport said:
Thanks for the feedback. The Wired article about fees for used games is not correct, though. ^PC

In a line of exchanges between someone and @XboxSupport3, this came from XboxSupport(1); it is a "Veified account" on Twitter, which means it is legit. Accurate, say what you want, but legit, yes.

Rusty Sticks said:
Jonn said:
Are you sure that's not a parody account? (Or are you pulling my leg?)

It is not a parody account.

It's not a parody account, but the account has directly gone against what the higher ups at Microsoft have said.

From Kotaku

"But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison said."

Full article here http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

Harrison is the corporate VP of Microsoft btw, so I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about.

And I have seen an article saying that most sites are confused about telling the truth, because I remember seeing those tweets, but I can't find the article yet.

I kind of want the fee to not be true, just because I know that surely -- SURELY -- a company can't be so stupid...

But at the same time I kinda' do want it to be true just so that I can keep laughing at Micro$oft, lolz. (Though I guess Live is already enough for me.)

SotS said:
I kind of want the fee to not be true, just because I know that surely -- SURELY -- a company can't be so stupid...

But at the same time I kinda' do want it to be true just so that I can keep laughing at Micro$oft, lolz. (Though I guess Live is already enough for me.)

To be clear, it may not be a small fee, it might actually be you pay the full price for the game. Though Microsoft is being annoying and not straight with anyone. They also may let you trade games online, and that comes with a fee, though again, maybe you get the money, maybe just Microsoft does, no one knows, and we probably won't know until it comes out, because no way is Microsoft going to talk about that at E3

No, it has been confirmed that the price will be the same as a brand new game.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/Xbox/10075540/Xbox-One-gamer-backlash-over-fee-for-pre-owned-titles.html

The new code will cost as much as the original game and consoles will have to be connected to the internet to authorize their purchase.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/xbox-one-gamers-unhappy-about-proposed-fee-for-preowned-games-8629720.html

However, to be fair once you have installed the game onto the...One's hardrive (goddammit I hate this stupid name) then you don't need the disk so it's essentially downloading it digitally anyway. Just a ridiculously stupid way of doing it and at constant full price.

I can't think of anyone stupid enough to buy this. It's a smart TV that plays CoD and NFL. Great. Excuse me while I play my MGS, Watchdogs and Cyberpunk 2077. This is just me but the only reason I am hanging on to my 360 now is because of maybe the two games I play with friends? Borderlands and Peacewalker. I expect to sell it when the time comes. PS4 is decimating the competition by keeping games as its key focus while developing social gimmicks at a steady rate.

Delta said:
PS4 is decimating the competition by keeping games as its key focus while developing social gimmicks at a steady rate.

But can you tell it to go home? I don't think so.

xbox 1 5ever

Seriously though, while the reveal made it seem like the One is a wannabe PC and/or glorified Roku, the Xbox One still plays games. It just does other things too. Phones have stuff on them not related to making calls, so why can't game systems have stuff on them not related to playing games?

I think they'll focus on what we're actually interested in at E3, e.g. games. They probably just wanted to get all this out of the way first.

I'll still be buying a PS4 no matter what, because a) EXCLUSIVES b) dat controller c) I don't watch TV, or spohts, or play calluhduty and finally d) I've never liked Microsoft.

Starboard Driger said:
Seriously though, while the reveal made it seem like the One is a wannabe PC and/or glorified Roku, the Xbox One still plays games. It just does other things too. Phones have stuff on them not related to making calls, so why can't game systems have stuff on them not related to playing games?

Well, actually, that's the exact reason why, when I ran out of space on my nano, I didn't upgrade, I got the I-pod classic. Too much excess unimportant stuff.

I liked Microsoft when they had Bungie, but now that Bungie has gone to PlayStation too with their new game Destiny, I have no reason to support MS anymore. Halo is just a name now - the developers are what matters. On this same note, people expecting Rare to deliver may be disappointed. It's been almost a decade since they've made a good game, and only before MicroSoft purchased them. The developers who once made them great have likely moved on.

HypnoticChairman said:
Starboard Driger said:

Well, actually, that's the exact reason why, when I ran out of space on my nano, I didn't upgrade, I got the I-pod classic. Too much excess unimportant stuff.

But you don't have to use that "excess unimportant stuff". The Nano having a fitness app doesn't detract from its ability to play music, and the One being obsessed with TV doesn't detract from its ability to play games.

If the One's TV fetish somehow gets in the way of the game-playing, that's a different story...

Starboard Driger said:

I think they'll focus on what we're actually interested in at E3, e.g. games. They probably just wanted to get all this out of the way first.

The thing is phones are still marketed to do what phones do. Contracts with unlimited minutes or unlimited texts are often used to advertise along with them.
With the Xbox...*sigh*...One...games were not the focus for a video game console. It's also the reason why the 360 did so well. It focused on the games while keeping some other features. The PS4 has features just as developed but while keeping games as its main focus.

I feel like I'm essentially repeating what Angry Joe said in his video but he put it the best possible way to put it. Why not bring the big guns for the reveal? Why leave this awful aftertaste? They must have thought people wanted this which is just insane. Microsoft also had a load of great exclusives on release. Mass Effect, Gears of War, Fable. Now they have either lost exclusivity it or just milking it. I expect some good laughs for what they bring to E3.

Some Loser said:
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV469dBmXCA[/video]
This video is better. :)
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw[/video]

312230_377828625651396_251679598_n.jpg
Just because huehuehue

^ That's too perfect. (For anyone wondering, it's from Hataraku Maou-sama/The Devil Is a Part-Timer--one of the best anime this year.)

So, apparently the Xbox One will be region locked. This isn't that much of a problem because nobody outside of the US was planning on buying it anyways.

Starboard Driger said:
So, apparently the Xbox One will be region locked. This isn't that much of a problem because nobody outside of the US was planning on buying it anyways.

Fixed.

Heys guys keep the posts relevant and actually discuss things. Posting parodies of Xbox One is fine and all but just posting images and videos counts as spam. If you post stuff like that at least say why you agree with the video or why you disagree and so on.

For on topic:
I am an Xbox fanboy but I was severely disappointed with the reveal. Now don't get me wrong I do love the whole interactive TV and internet thing. However, there should of been a more heavy focus on games despite the fact they are saving most of it for E3. I always knew that eventually the cloud saves and such would be mainstream but I don't like the fact that I may have to pay or my brother will to play a game on their console. I don't like how cheap Gamestop can be especially with trade ins but the new thing Xbox is doing regarding used games is pretty messed up. I am sure you guys don't need me to remind you about Gamestop's drop in shares etc. I have hope though a lot of the uncertainty is addressed during E3 but if not I'll likely be sticking to gaming on my PC, handhelds, and Xbox 360.

- Ysmir~

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

WE DID IT GUYS

WE DID IT

Don Mattrick said:
…today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means

• An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement & you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want & play your games, like on Xbox 360.
  • Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.
  • In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console — there will be no regional restrictions.

Some Loser said:
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

WE DID IT GUYS

WE DID IT

Don Mattrick said:
…today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means

• An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement & you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want & play your games, like on Xbox 360.
  • Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.
  • In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console — there will be no regional restrictions.
How funny.

Cooopy-paaaaste

No they just realized that if they didn’t change at least one of these devastating flaws then they won’t reach maximum profit. In a way they are still greedy, just smart and greedy. “Your feedback matters”? Kiss my butts Microsoft.

Back