Xbox: A New Generation Revealed! Introducing the Xbox One!

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
0609ef01-c907-406c-bd22-f7bc20e865bd.png

Microsoft will be unveiling the newest Xbox tomorrow night. What are your expectations for the console? Will you be buying it if it turns out good? Will you buy it no matter what?

Discuss the future generation of consoles here!

RE: Xbox: A New Generation Revealed

I'm not really a Microsoft fan, so probably not. Microsoft doesn't really make games that appeal to me, and if I want good third party games, I can just go with PS4 and get not only those, but some good first party titles as well. The only way I can see them selling this thing to me is with third party exclusives.

I'm already excited for the live stream, I watched the playstation reveal and I must say they did a pretty good job there, it will be hard for Microsoft to come up with something better in my opinion.
I'll most likely buy only one console right after the release and I must say I'm probably more likely to buy the ps 4, judging from the tech stats and games that have been revealed so far. Of course we'll see what games the Xbox will have at release, but I'm usually more interested in the ps exclusives and somehow I don't think thats gonna change.
Also I never was interested in kinnect at all and they seemed to concentrate on that a lot, lately.
The only thing I hope is that Sony will improve their servers, I wouldn't mind paying for them either, but microsofts servers are so much better at the moment(I own both consoles).

inb4 they lie about everything
I'm actually waiting for them to release the news... So I can sit back with a bag of popcorn and lol at Microsoft.
I'm not sorry about it, either. I'm expecting the PS4 to mop the floors with the 720's crappiness.

I'm really looking forward to the unveiling of the next Xbox. They'll probably do what Playstation did, and only provide us with a few things regarding the console.

It is way too early to tell whether purchasing this next gen console will be the best move. I need to see all the specs and the features of the console before making my decision.

Live stream will be taking place here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hub/reveal

Times: 1:00 PM ET/ 10:00 AM PT

I can't wait for this, as a Microsoft fan in general. Sadly I agree, they don't have very many well made games that I enjoy from their studios, but I usually enjoy the consoles third party games. I'm also not expecting any new exclusives soon, but if there are interesting new features that would make the console better, then I will definitely consider watching the conference. If these features make one of my favorite aspects of the Xbox, the Arcade Games, even better, then I will most likely save up some money for it.

The PS4 is not something I'm really looking forward to, as there are some disadvantages to it. But I am really enjoying my PS3, some of my favorite third party titles are on it. I wouldn't give up my PS3 for the improved tech specs revealed on the PS4. (The controller is very interesting though).

I'm going to (hopefully) watch this during school tomorrow. I'm pretty sold on the PS4, but I've been liking the 360 a lot more than the PS3 lately

Rally said:
The PS4 is not something I'm really looking forward to, as there are some disadvantages to it. But I am really enjoying my PS3, some of my favorite third party titles are on it. I wouldn't give up my PS3 for the improved tech specs revealed on the PS4. (The controller is very interesting though).

May I ask you what those disadvantages are in your opinion? I'm truly interested in other peoples opinion on that, not some fanboy(girl) trying to bash on anyone(I own both current consoles and really like each of them for different reasons) .

I'll watch and get hyped, sure. But PS4 comes first in my heart.

at least until Halo 5 comes out

Is Xbox Live Gold still a thing? Okay then, I'm not interested one bit. Lemme' know when they take down their ridiculous paywall. Until then our 360 will sit here... As an offline Minecraft box. >_>

The thing I look forward to is probably the games. I don't care much for the graphics xP

Nightingirle said:
Rally said:

May I ask you what those disadvantages are in your opinion? I'm truly interested in other peoples opinion on that, not some fanboy(girl) trying to bash on anyone(I own both current consoles and really like each of them for different reasons) .

Mostly, the fact that the lack of backwards compatibility has been rumored. There were also (supposedly) applied patents for this idea. Its also been rumored with the 720, but after some negative feedback that the PS4 has received, I have a doubt in my mind that Microsoft would do that. And with all these new features, I'm also expecting a over-priced launch price, but that's not not too bad, as it will lower down soon like most. That's why I'm anticipating the release video conference for the 720; hopefully it will be confirmed to not be on the system.

I love all of Sony's systems (I have a VAIO laptop and getting one of their cameras soon) and have a PS3, so I guess I shouldn't really say, "The PS4 is not something I'm really looking forward to..." but more along the lines of hoping these rumors aren't true!

I'll be interested in the new Forza, if they show it. However, I can't see myself getting the system, because I know the PS4 is going to have the games I want (JRPGs) and the Nextbox probably won't.

I'm mildly interested in hearing what they're going to say, but honestly I can't think of any games that Xbox can say they have over the PS. They have Gears of War and Halo, and I only like Halo for the multiplayer really. That and the rumor is the next Xbox is gonna be $700 when it comes out, so screw that noise.

Xbox One.

LOL

Wii U had issues in marketing? gg Microsoft. You win this round of bad really bad horrible naming.

SotS said:
Xbox One.

LOL

Wii U had issues in marketing? gg Microsoft. You win this round of bad really bad horrible naming.

Like honestly Xbox 720 sounds better, at least that sounds like a new Xbox, instead of something stupid like the Xbox1

I mean jeez, pulling an Apple and calling it "The New/Next Xbox" would be better than clearly labeling it "One." I know that people aren't idiots, and will ask for help if they don't know which one is the new one while buying... But how many are going to see One beside 360 and figure that the difference isn't that big? "Oh there's probably not much between them, I'll just get lil' Jimmy the 360."

Also large focus on Kinect. lolz.

I liked the fanmade Xbox infinity logo:
Xbox-720-detail-leaks-suggest-Xbox-Infinity-as-new-name-1.png
Xbox one... Hm I don't know, I guess it sounds alright.

Kotaku said:
But games will be tied to an Xbox Live account, Wired reveals—or else you'd just be able to pass games around to everyone you know. And if you want to link a game to a second account, you'll have to pay a fee:

What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner.

Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc.

But what if a second person simply wanted to put the disc in and play the game without installing – and without paying extra? In other words, what happens to our traditional concept of a “used game”? This is a question for which Microsoft did not yet have an answer, and is surely something that game buyers (as well as renters and lenders) will want to know

Not only is the name stupid, the console heavily focused on Kinect, and the controller looking less comfortable than the 360's, but it blocks Used Games as well! Is there anything it can't do? :O

Edit: Okay, not literally prevents Used Games from being played, but you can't lend a friend/family member your game without them paying a fee. I don't know the exact word for it, but blocks certainly works...

CVG Article said:
Microsoft has confirmed that all Xbox One games will require mandatory installation onto the system's hard drive and, to install the same disc onto another user's drive, a fee must be paid.

Individual games will be tied to Xbox Live accounts, Microsoft said, meaning that the software giant can detect whether a game has been sold to a retailer and repurchased, or handed from one friend to another. In such instances, the second user must pay a fee.

"On the new Xbox, all game discs are installed to the HDD to play," a Microsoft representative told Wired.

The company added that, once discs are installed on the hard drive, games can be played without a disc being in the tray.

Another confirmation.

Polygon said:
The Xbox One won't play any existing Xbox 360 games, said Microsoft's Marc Whitten in an interview with The Verge.

The lack of backward compatibility results from the new console's hardware architecture, which is a significant departure from that of the Xbox 360. "The system is based on a different core architecture, so back-compat doesn't really work from that perspective," said Whitten, corporate vice president of Xbox Live.

The Xbox 360 does support certain original Xbox games through software emulation — more than 450 titles, almost half the console's library — although backward compatibility can be spotty, depending on the game in question.

Sony's PlayStation 4 is in the same situation as the next Xbox — it won't natively support PlayStation 3 games, because the upcoming system's AMD-made "Jaguar" x86 processor is too different from the PS3's Cell processor. Sony hopes to make back catalog games available on the PS4 through streaming and emulation.

Oh hey look.

Back