Worlds Thread

Kaiwen Cabbabe is currently undefeated in seniors, only losing one game to Arjun (RogueChomp) in Top 32.

Jason K. is in Top 4 after his opponent (I think it was John something idk it's like 2 o'clock right now) shuffled his hand into his deck after Jason revealed a N from Random Receiver.

Gino lost Top 16 :( Kyle went 4-4 (keeping that crappy worlds tradition going :/) uhhh Eevelutions got Top 16, but was knocked out by Jason and his deck.

Anyway I want Jason to win and Kaiwen to take seniors.

(Also I went 1-5 coming second last in VG :p)

So after a few hours, it turns out my premonition was correct! USA has dominated top 4 in the masters division. For anyone who's curious, here's the top 4 and their decks.

Top 4 Masters:
Dustin Zimmerman (Darkrai/Garbodor)
Jason Klaczynski (Darkrai/Sableye w/ no Absol)
James Good (Blastoise)
Simon Narode (Plasma w/ Lugia EX)

It will be Dustin vs Jason and James vs Simon for anyone who's still wondering.

Well, Dustin vs Jason is going to be interesting. Not only is it because two variations of Darkrai are facing each other, but I believe its the second time this season that they are facing each other in a big match. They previously faced each other in the finals of the Oswego City Championships (Part of the Chicago Marathon), where Jason ended up winning. Yet, Dustin could win it this time, although I too am rooting for Jason to win it all as it would be a great moment if he becomes a 3-time world champion.

Lets take a look at the prizes are pokebeachers won.

36 booster packs from the next upcoming Pokémon TCG expansion
Championship Points (specific award TBA)
A scholarship award worth $1,500
36 booster packs from the next upcoming Pokémon TCG expansion
Championship Points (specific award TBA)

Plasma with lugia...And people said it was a fluke before the Worlds Tournament that Lugia in plasma winning would not happen, that it sucked. THE ONLY plasma deck in the top 4 a fluke? COME ON! :D

VG stream has started.
Currently there are FIFTEEN THOUSAND viewers on the stream. Wow.

EDIT
2000 more viewers later, Brendan Zheng is the 2013 Junior VG world champion!

I tried to work out predictions based on matchups for masters, but it's impossible. Both matchups are very even. The finals may be very one-side though depending on what makes it through.

So Darkrai (w/o Absol) vs Plasma (w/Lugia) in the finals...

what time does this start on the twitch tv stream

Masters finals are going on right now, and Jason has just won game 1! He got the Laser and the Dark Claw from a crucial Juniper in order to take the final prize on Simon's active Thundurus EX.

After watching game 1, I can definitely see that these matches are going to be pretty intense!

3-time champ let's get it. Time to solidify yourself as the best, Jason.

There ya go. A 2nd year with Darkrai EX as the champion. I mean, its not like he loses to Landorus EX/Garbodor or anything.

2014 World Championships in Washington D.C.!

I need to get an invite to this. My parents said if we ever went up to DC we would stopp by Monticello. Time to get back into the playing world. :D

I cant stress how excited I am that Worlds is in D.C. I might be able to finally convince my mom to take me to Worlds since its only like an hour drive! I don't think im good enough to play in the main event, but just to play in the side events would be awesome.

Back