'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Trumbeak is the big winner from this batch of reveals. Already translated it and it's something like follows:

"When this card evolves, check the top 3 cards from your deck. Attach any number of basic energy cards you find there to pokemon you control in any way you like".

With Oranguru and Scoop Up net both in format, you have a consistent way to attach at least one extra energy per turn to whatever you control, and that may be relevant for a lot of decks that don't have something like Rose's or Welder to load their attacks.

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
I was hoping that there would be some surprises for the amazing rare cards not yet revealed.

Regardless, still a cool set.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
You put the name for magearna is diancie

How come there are so many legendary and mythicals in this set that arent amazing rares

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
It might be because I'm a little tipsy but Shaymin is throwing me for a loop

Also why are we not talking about Foretress?

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Genesect: Techno Buster > Techno Blast, its signature move in the video games. That's the only translation change.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
It might be because I'm a little tipsy but Shaymin is throwing me for a loop

Also why are we not talking about Foretress?

The cost is too high for it to be anything other than a meme tier deck. You need to be facing a multiprize deck - ok, the meta is full of that - and then put MMCC on it for the KO. CC is covered by Twin Energy, but you need to hard attach the other two energies, use Saucer, Turbo Charge on Pineco, or Trumbeak. I'm sure someone will try to build that deck but it seems like it needs too much setup to get rolling.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Robotic diancie can hit for 170 against eternatus with an easy to fulfill attack cost and the advantage of being a basic single prizer

by the way togekiss vmax is classified as basic when it shouldnt be

Kaizaac

Aspiring Trainer
I wish Coalossal’s first attack was the only attack but it costs more and does more damage. I prefer cards with unique effects instead of straights up damage. If it was that we’d have a trio of great Vmaxs. Still waiting on Orbeetle Vmax, it better come this year or I’ll be the next disaster of 2020.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
I'm 100% sure that these cards will release in Europe after Darkness Ablaze along with the cards from the V decks.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I wish Coalossal’s first attack was the only attack but it costs more and does more damage. I prefer cards with unique effects instead of straights up damage. If it was that we’d have a trio of great Vmaxs. Still waiting on Orbeetle Vmax, it better come this year or I’ll be the next disaster of 2020.

We are still missing 18 Gigantamax formes in the TCG, and since they use them as the flagship card for the sets, we can expect 2-3 per set. At this rate we can expect them to end printing them by the end of next year, bar Gamefreak making more gigantamax mons. Tbh I'm kinda surprised that Sandaconda got its V card without its Gigantamax version.

Harrisvraken

The God of Bricking
ok, this set is bad.

Nothing matters in standard and nothing matters in expanded.
The only cards I consider decent is Zarude V, Stone F Energy, "Amazing" Jirachi and the reprint of Manie is nice
The Forretress has a good a attack name thou