'Wild Blaze' Leaking: Scans and Translations! [3/12]

I just realized I can put sacred ash in my Treve-accelgor deck, take out the super rods, and tech in something else, all the while not being afraid to discard the large qauntity of pokemon that deck needs. at least while rotation is in.

The new Pyroar from Wild Blaze seems like an awesome tech against VirGen at first glance but Garbodor gets around it with ease while Blastoise and Empoleon can easily one shot it. Turns out Goodra's ability changed from locking Pokemon Tools due to printing Surprise Megaphone for an ability that's no where near as good as Hydreigon's Dark Trance combo in Darkrai variants with Max Potion. Not sure how I feel about the new Milotic, giving your opponent prize advantage in exchange for energy acceleration is a bit risky but it definitely has potential with Shaymin EX and other Pokemon that take advantage of your opponent having more prizes than you do.

As I'm translating these cards, all I can think is "wow, these cards seem really mediocre"

How about those secret rares? Pretty disappointing imo. Hopefully this isn't a trend for the rest of the Mega's we get.

Why is nobody discussing Florges? It has a ton of potential simply because of the sheer card advantage you get from it. Although getting N'ed right after tutoring 3 cards would really hurt.

The new Shiftry is nice for Leaf Draw, probably not as consistent as Empoleon's Diving Draw unless there's an engine to get back Grass energies from the discard pile and attaches straight toward them. Shiftry's Frenzy Dance is similar to Empoleon's Attack Command but costs 3 energy instead of 1 for nearly the same damage output especially with a Silver Bangle attachment. As for Florges it's first attack would've been better as an ability, would you rather have a Stage 2 bench sitter that enables you to get 3 cards a turn or a Stage 2 that gives your opponent a prize in exchange for those same 3 cards by attacking?

If it had been an ability it would've been much better than Delphox since Keldeo can easily switch into it using Rush In, and Steel Types aside from Cobalion EX aren't that popular right now while Jirachi EX is mainly used as a tech for Stellar Guidance. If you thought getting N'ed after using Florges to search for any 3 cards out of your deck was bad, Red Card and Malamar's Mental Trash is nearly just as bad let alone Item Lock from Trevenant builds. Anyway, thanks for the card translations puddizzle, Franco T., and Viper.Fox.

Takezo_Kensei said:
Why is nobody discussing Florges? It has a ton of potential simply because of the sheer card advantage you get from it. Although getting N'ed right after tutoring 3 cards would really hurt.

It's a stage 2 though. 110 HP too. I dunno, it doesn't feel worth going through the trouble of setting it up just for that. Second attack is nice but Mime is a deal breaker.

ForeignDude said:
Takezo_Kensei said:

It's a stage 2 though. 110 HP too. I dunno, it doesn't feel worth going through the trouble of setting it up just for that. Second attack is nice but Mime is a deal breaker.

Ah I didn't see it was Stage 2, I thought it was the stage 1. :eek:

Hell yeah new scans!

Druddigon is the answer to BKEX and RayEX we've been waiting for.

Pyroar is going to be the bane of many decks. I'm trying to think of water stage 1s with colorless attacks that can counter it.

Milotic is perfect the game. Give up a prize for some energy acceleration. Any type that lacks such acceleration will welcome this (it will be especially good in my Lucario deck).

That Kitty pokemon is nice too. It probably won't be as good as Dusknoir, but it does have some advantages over it.

Toxicroak with Virbank could be fun.

Those supporters are amazing. I'm glad we're getting more variety in supporters.

Set looks good all around. Looking forward to see what the rest has to offer.

Takezo_Kensei said:

Milotic has the exact same attack, and its a stage 1 with 110HP that doesn't see any play. It's second attack is a worse version of Gourgeist's, which is also a stage 1...

This isn't a very good stage 2.

OMG THAT DRUDDIGON YUUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIS- *cough cough* No but seriously, that thing's amazing. It's by far the easiest way to KO Dragon weak Pokemon. It's so easy to put into any deck that has trouble with Black Kyurem EX or Rayquaza EX. I've been wanting something, anything like this for so freaking long.

Milotic also seems really cool. Sableye/Life Dew/Milotic/Giant Energy attackers? lol. Okay, let's be real here. You'd obviously play Shedinja instead of Sableye/Life Dew. Okay, not that either, but just think of all the cards that could get a use out of that. Just think of how many Stage 1/2's that seem good, but just don't have the right Energy acceleration. I mean, Victini EX is basically free prizes anyway, and this doesn't waste an attack. I'm also curious if you can knock Milotic out with it's ability, kinda like Cofagrigus.

I'm surprised no one has talked about that Dusknoir yet. You can move damage to it, then just Max Potion it off, and it's much harder to kill than Reuniclus (and it will stay in format for longer, too). You also get a perfect reason to play the Sinister Hand one with it. You can even use Paindrops if your deck runs Psychic Energy. I think any deck that has Sinister Hand Dusknoir in it, and has room for Max Potion should include this card.

Toxicroak EX and Magnezone EX seem interesting. I'm a little frustrated at Magnezone, though, since it's another Lighting EX that can't one shot Yveltal. WHAT'S SO HARD ABOUT PRINTING A LIGHTNING EX THAT DOES 90 FOR 3? Really, what is so hard about that? If someone can ever pull off the ultimate combo of Dual Bullet with Muscle Band an active Yveltal and hit a second Yveltal on the bench, then Lysandre the other one up for a double knock out, that would be sweet. Toxicroak seems like a good attacker for Big Basic decks. If your opponent has no way to switch out of Poison, they'll go up to 150 (with Virbank out) by their next turn. All that for a DCE is really solid.

I guess I should've expected something like Surprise Megaphone. I think it might be a little too good, though. Tool Scrapper is still pretty balanced in this format, so having a super beefed-up one is a little silly. Prank Scope seems a little gimmicky. I like that disruption decks are getting a lot more Tools to work with, but I'm not sure how disruptive the card actually is. Pokemon Fan Club seems pretty good, considering we have next to nothing in terms of Pokemon search. You can even search for Jirachi with it to get a supporter next turn. I swear, Jirachi is going to be so good next format.

Those golden Megas are really really... stupid. It's just so underwhelming. I would've much rather gotten a FA Mega. I feel like the giant comic book words could fit really well in a FA. I'm really liking this set. There's a lot of deckbuilding creativity to be had here, especially with the EX hate with Milotic and Pyroar. Everyone's already said everything that can be said about the other cards, so I don't really feel like talking about them.

Whoa, those full arts! I love them all. <3 Especially the supporters and Charizard. I really hope I full an FA Charizard, because it'll definitely be the most expensive of the bunch to pick up afterward, but I really love them all. <3

Holy crapoli Batman, this set is gonna open new doors for so many techs and decks! I can't wait for it to be realeased in May!

There are 7 full arts in this set so far...

Also, if you think about it SINISTER HAND dusknoir will still be informat. Most likely pokemon will make reprints for dusclops and duskull in FlashFire, so when they possibly get rotated out in BC we can still play Dusknoir because its shiny reprint in PLB.
I hope the UR's get the regular gold border for US because one day I'm gonna pull of those shiny Megas and never notice it.
Pyroar...just...no
Annoyed the next Electric EX was terrible
Toxicroak is not bad. It can do 60 T1 with DCE and Bank... 80 with band. Seems pretty good.
Drudigion is pretty good, but its reliant on someone being KO'ed the turn before. But for 2 Colorless and not having the dragon weakness is key!
Goodra is too gooey...that ability though. Tool drop would literally have to play 1 garbodor to win.
Prank Scoop is ok, but I feel will be like it will be the next set's Red Card. Overhype but no use.
Not so fond of sacred ash, but if you run a big basics deck it could help.
Surprise Megaphone=Worst tool scrapper. Yes, it helps when your opponent has 3-4 or even 12 (tool drop) tools on the field. But if you accidently attached a tool to garbodor and have a active non-attackable darkrai with a dark energy on it, you'd might rather want the scrapper.
All meh about protect cube. Only useful for M Charizard.
Pokémon center lady is not that great IMHO, but better then Super Potion.
PFC is pretty good. May save room in decks by reducing Ultra Ball rates. Why they made a Full Art of that I may never know.
Magnetic storm probably wont be bad in this format, definitely better then shadow circle.

Likes-
Secret Megas (but why not full art megas instead?)
Shiftry!
Charizard!
Return of the Dragons! [But where is Zygarde D:]

Eeeeh not so much-
The FA Supporters o_O
Why 'Pokémon Nurse' Isn't 'Nurse Joy'
No Zygarde
Why does Goodra require fairy energy to attack?
Why is Cabrink a Holo?

All in all this set looks decent!

Back