'Wild Blaze' Leaking: Scans and Translations! [3/12]

So wait, they decided to make an Ultra Rare that is literally just a Mega with golden elements and the attack name in Japanese instead of English? Why not just use the gold elements for every Mega Evolution card ffff.. some decisions I just dont get lol

But aside from that MAGNEZONE-EX LOOKS GREAT

holy crap Surprise Megaphone

welp tooldrop is dead

Can anyone clarify if Toxicroak's Trioxic move puts 3 damage counters on opposing Pokemon for the duration of being poisoned or just for that instance? I would have rather it have an ability amplifying virbank. None the less I'm excited for this card.
I'm liking the addition of more control like cards such as the surprise megaphone, can't wait to see a deck centered around that and others like red card.

Anyone else unsettled by the full art nurse? Also, I'm in love with that full art Kangaskhan... Very interesting cards. Definitely trying Toxicroak out although I'm not going to Nats with a poison deck (Again.) Also like Prank Scope because... The name is funny... OK bye. :3

Edit: Holy crap that Toxicroak full art...

The nurses want to kill everyone... I love it, but why on Earth would they go with that? They should be like Impostor Nurse Joy or something.

Water Pokémon Master said:
The nurses want to kill everyone... I love it, but why on Earth would they go with that? They should be like Impostor Nurse Joy or something.

It's funny. The regular art is adorable and the full art wants to kill everyone.

Edit: So that's three full art supporters. Can we hit four?!

I think full art nurse was taking some of the analgesics.

But the pokemon fanatic's kid... he's wants to kill everything.

Seriously, that kid is satan... or the joker, and that's why his parents look like that.

Welp, Tool Drop is officially dead. Honestly I thought it'd be dead after this set came out anyway, but now it's officially dead.

Hey, at least I got one great win in with it!

professorlight said:

Seriously, that kid is satan... or the joker, and that's why his parents look like that.

I think they're just squishing him.

Pokewiz1999 said:
professorlight said:

I think they're just squishing him.

No, that's evil.

Murderous evil.

pokemon-fanatics-fa.jpg

Look at it; it plots your downfall, it knows everything.

IT KNOWS

My first post yay! After all my lurking I decided to join the fray!

Magnezone EX looks cool, but why is it so bad? No Electric love?

I expected something to get rid of tools in this pack, but I never expected they'd make one item to rid them all (Surprise Megaphone). It's not even an Ace Specs! Bye Tool Drop! Prank Scope seems unique, I might want to playtest that.

I never expected a Toxicroak EX. Looks pretty cool and has interesting attacks, particularly the first one.

As for the full art supporters, Lysandre is definitely the coolest of them (made by Ken Sugimori too!). The other two look very creepy o_O

Pokemon Fan Club is what we needed back in the format since Pokemon Collector got rotated out although I'd say the NXD-On Ball Engine with Ultra Ball and Level Ball is slightly better since it helps save for playing your Supporter for turn. Glad we got a functional reprint for Tool Scrapper with Surprise Megaphone which confirms that Boundaries Crossed is getting rotated out next season which means that we also lose Skyla being one of the best Supporters for Stage 2 setup decks right now along with Computer Search although Dowsing Machine is better overall IMO.

Toxicroak EX should see play with LaserBank despite being a Basic EX instead of a Stage 1 evolution however unless you have a way of covering it's weakness it's easy bait for Mewtwo EX. Magnezone EX is a junk card, Magnetic Storm I don't see much of a use for in a format where Tropical Beach is a staple Stadium for people who have access to it or can afford it in order to compete well. Prank Scope does seem like it'd be fun with Malamar's Mental Trash attack. Looks like Wild Blaze is shaping up to be a pretty good set although I'm disappointed that Protect Cube doesn't work the way I thought it did which would've been great in mirror matchups.

Review:
Geomagnetic Storm: Niche stadium, there too much variety in decks to tech just for the resistance one might have, UNLESS your deck is so OP that the only thing holding it back from being number 1 is that resistance. Cobalion could use a stadium but nothing important resists steel and steel bullet tho so no point,

Toxicroak: Meh, cool art, pretty average attacks, not breaking any meta's, but that's ok

Magenezone: ehh, might work in sniper decks if some form of electric generation is brought back. I mean yeah, if you could get the energy right away 50 damage to two is really workable 2nd turn, but by 3rd turn when something more reliable is set up its no so good. ALTHOUGH, this might maybe be the attacker in the regular magnezone deck I was considering where you use its ability to stall by abusing supporters like that you would normally use, such as team flare grunt, nurse joy, ghestis, Cassius, while also having draw support.
We know about all the fire stuff and khangaskhan, boring.

Joy:(its nurse joy whats this just "Pokemon center Lady", unless like the normal heart they are being witty and naming it like a kid would):I actually love both joys arts, but the card might not be so good unless of course, in niche decks

Surprise Megaphone: great for tooldrop, terrible for everything else with tool scrapper still here.
EDIT; WAIT all your opponents tool cards that are attached, screw tool scrapper if that true, but why would they make this and goodra, there's no reason for goodra if you run this in a nice amount, although now I'm also sad, because float stone is easier to get rid of in my decks which practically require it.

Pokemon Fanatics: people might actually use this considering it gets two regular basics or EXs for setup, which some decks might consider more useful then a hand shuffle or discard.

Prank Scope: Red Cards, Malamar, Dialga, the discard decks are coming together, niche techs in other decks. if there was a way to put a specific card on top of their deck, then yah, this and junk hunt would be awesome.

I'm pretty sure there's more to see, but I think so far the fire types have an obvious meta going in with this set and everything else needs to be figured out.

Magnezone EX and Chandelure EX plus Dusknoir... might just have to try that out. Throw in Gourgeist maybe.

The 2 Mega Charizard cards have the same English translation, by the way. Or I should just say that Mega Charizard Y is incorrectly translated.

Back