Where to buy in USA?

RE: How to use Pokemon Shopping sites, and where to go.

Collectors Cache have nice cards unlike T&T and ship quickly. When I bought from them, I could order on Monday and have product on Wednesday.

I agree, Collector's Cache has pretty good prices for some cards, and crappy ones for others, just like any other site on that list. I just got some cards from them for a pretty good price.

All right then. I occasionally go to Collectors Cache--because they sell primarily for collectors, they only ship in absolute top mint condition. I got some cards from Troll and Toad yesterday and saw that on some of them, the holofoil had these horizontal lines on them. I also got some from Professor Oak and one of the cards had worn off on the sides showing small amounts of white. This is never the case with Collectors Cache. Their prices are higher and so is their shipping and handling, but the quality is always as if you got the card right out of the pack. (In fact, they don't buy cards because they will take unacceptable amounts of damage if shipped in normal ways.)

Hmm, I think there should be another topic for people who want to get cards in other countries and this this one should be labeled as United States and Canada only (though some sites apparently don't ship to Canada). Should I start an international version of this topic?

Ophie said:
All right then. I occasionally go to Collectors Cache--because they sell primarily for collectors, they only ship in absolute top mint condition. I got some cards from Troll and Toad yesterday and saw that on some of them, the holofoil had these horizontal lines on them. I also got some from Professor Oak and one of the cards had worn off on the sides showing small amounts of white. This is never the case with Collectors Cache. Their prices are higher and so is their shipping and handling, but the quality is always as if you got the card right out of the pack. (In fact, they don't buy cards because they will take unacceptable amounts of damage if shipped in normal ways.)

That is not fully accurate. The cards that Collector's Cache shipping in mint condition are those that they advertise as mint. I bought a card from them advertised as NM/M and it came with minor edgewear. Granted, I bought it from their eBay storefront, which may have made the difference.

As for Prof-Oak, I think if you can write him an email including your order number and a picture explaining why you think it's not mint, he will send you a replacement without asking for it back. I just had a card with a tiny crease replaced this way.

Ophie said:
Hmm, I think there should be another topic for people who want to get cards in other countries and this this one should be labeled as United States and Canada only (though some sites apparently don't ship to Canada). Should I start an international version of this topic?

Wouldn't it be easier just to include a small write-up on how each shop would apply to international sellers, and a column exclusively for good international shops? :)

sendoh said:
Wouldn't it be easier just to include a small write-up on how each shop would apply to international sellers, and a column exclusively for good international shops? :)

Rikko said elsewhere in this thread that (s)he (sorry, don't know!) only wanted to maintain the OP with American websites, so the latter portion isn't really an option.

I assume it would be much cheaper, faster, and easier for European/Asian/etc. folk to buy from sites closer to home rather than purchasing cards from America and having them imported, but I don't know for sure. I guess I'll be finding out in a few months, though.

I'm a man. And I will not post any sites that aren't dealing directly in American dollars, and generally like to stick to United States based stores. I have one posted that isn't American-based, but only because it's extremely good with foreign merchandise. Otherwise it wouldn't even be posted.

Ophie, there is no need. The majority of people on this site are American, so if those few non-Americans need to go elsewhere, they can do a little digging.

Also, as a side note, I got a shipment from Professor Oak on Tuesday that I ordered Saturday. It was miscut, and he offered me a full refund if I returned it, should I be unsatisfied.

International buyers may be better off dealing with a member here rather than a store.

There was a post on site, an European member was getting a ND box for $126 shipped, I offered to ship for $115.

The only place I've ordered from has been PokeOrder. The first time it took me almost 2 months to receive my shipment but the second time (lol I gave them a second chance) it came in two weeks. I live in Canada so 2 weeks is pretty normal but the first transaction was very odd. But yeah, I was pretty happy with both orders though, everything in nice condition.

Come to think of ...I actually did order something from Troll and Toad as well. It was not cards but instead, I ordered some loose Pokemon TFG figures. One of them came broken since they were just put in a box with nothing protecting them. I e-mailed them about it and they gave me a refund for the one figures. As for the ones that were not broken, I think one or two of them had scratch marks on the base underneath and a tiny bit of chipped paint.

But yeah. I think it would be nice if there was a Canadian site that specialized in cards and what not. Sometimes I find some cool deals on the US sites and then shipping comes and chases me away.

Wow, I didn't know Professor Oak had that kind of service. That's interesting. I should take a look to see, since while it's not enough to make it unplayable, it is kind of annoying.

And all right then--the fact that there are fewer amounts of non-Americans here makes me feel even more sympathetic for them though.

Is there any chance you could label which of these sites accepts paypal?

ForeignDude - Believe it or not, I don't just pull these sites out of thin air, so there's really nothing I can do for you. :p

Ophie - Don't lose any sleep over it, haha.

Saviour_Gundam - It took more effort to make that post than it did to check and see if they accept paypal.

Well, what I mean is that it doesn't seem fair--it makes sense to cater to the majority first, but the minority should be served too at least later on. For instance, what is there that isn't Mac-compatible anymore?

Ophie said:
Well, what I mean is that it doesn't seem fair--it makes sense to cater to the majority first, but the minority should be served too at least later on. For instance, what is there that isn't Mac-compatible anymore?

I'm not Mac-compatible. :cool:

I have a question. Ebay has a lower price for a card(JPN Box Promo), but the seller has not confirmed for it to be sealed in its original plastic wrapper nor has listed the quantity. PokeVault (Hardrock) has them sealed and listed the quantity for $8 more. Who should I purchase it from?

You can always ask the seller directly, but if they don't say it's sealed, it probably isn't. If you're a collector and quality is important, you're probably better off buying it from the more expensive place.

collectorscatche is a good place to shop but ONLY collectors i would say.some of their japanese cards are in good pricing compared to other places but like someone else said they don't keep stock well enough which is the problem

LegendsLugia251 said:
collectorscatche is a good place to shop but ONLY collectors i would say.some of their japanese cards are in good pricing compared to other places but like someone else said they don't keep stock well enough which is the problem
@Artemis I am a compettive player, I just love Volcarona's.
They don't have the box promo, and now neither does Pokevault. :D
BTW, It was the DR Volcarona Box Promo. It's my favorite pokemon, so it had to be mine.

Well I'll make a suggestion seing as all the other ones are for US buyers i'm sure there are some Uk buyers here not just me.

Koolkingdom
ChaosCards
Collectors Cache ( USA) best place to buy japanese stuff largest range
The In Thing
The 13th Floor Gaming Supplies

Thats a list I have so far I do have more

I don't recommend Gathering Ground. Last week I wanted to pick up a bunch of common and uncommon Trainers that were reprinted across various English sets and I remembered Ground's $0.01 price deals. The catch is that they charge $2-3 shipping on EACH of those cards, and if there's a way to combine shipping costs, I couldn't find it anywhere, so I just went to T&T and GamingETC instead. Maybe I was missing something but the penny deals are deceptive.

That is stupid how can you charge shipping for each card every store should have a discount on combined shipping.

Back