Where do you want US Nationals 2014?

Your Master

Aspiring Trainer
I personally hope it stays in Indy or at least in the Midwest. Where do you think next years Nationals will be?

RE: Where do you want US Nationsals 2014?

I'm moving it to Play! Pokemon because it is more fitting.

As long as Nationals doesn't move further East I'll be happy. Right now its about a twelve hour drive, but I think I'm going to fly next year if it is going to be more than an 8 hour drive.

If it gets moved West, then it lands in tornado alley since I wouldn't expect them to use the West Coast.

I'm hoping for Seattle, Washington or Portland, Oregon.

Cleveland, Ohio

Hopefully obvious reasons :)

I want to go and play so that is why. At least in Cuyahoga would be good.

Indianapolis again. Great venue, close, awesome.

The West Coast definately needs some love with Worlds being on the East Coast. Maybe Seattle or Phoenix.

I went to Indianapolis the week after nationals and stayed in a hotel across from the center. I didn't really like the area, there were plenty of places to eat and a movie theater but not many other places to go for entertainment (at least that we could find). It was an 11-12 hour drive for me and wasn't really worth it. With that I'm hoping that it is somewhere between Midwest and Southeast.

I might be a little biased here, but I hope Nats is in NYC. Although Indianapolis makes the most sense being closer to the center of the country and I expect it to be there again. Also the west coast doesn't need more love since they've had all the world championships since 08 (if you count Hawaii/Vancouver) :p

I think the National championships should strive to be located in the middle of the United States. I'm thinking Nashville would be a cool place. It is relatively safe (no more dangerous than Indy) and there are lots of things to do.

I want to see Nationals on the westside of the country now that the eastside also has Worlds. I think the location that I would like most is Denver. It is west, but not as far as California, it has a large airport, so air travel wouldn't be too ridiculous. It's at a fairly high altitude, so weather wouldn't be too much of an issue, if you put Nationals somewhere in the Midwest and you're in danger of 100+ degree weather and tornadoes. Denver is also a large enough city to support the event, there would be plenty of hotels to stay at, cheap or expensive.

I call Washington D.C.
They don't care if they piss off the entire west half of the US, and Worlds location proves that.
But most likely Indy again.
I would love it to be in the Raleigh Convention Center.

Personally, I think Indianapolis was a great spot, but I could see it moving west a bit. I wouldn't like it being on the west coast, since everyone not on the west coast (and maybe some people in the Mountain Time area) would probably have to fly there, as opposed to driving. Whereas in Indy, most of the country can drive there, albeit, a long drive, but it's still a drive a lot of people take.

I think that US Nationals is still going to stick around in the Midwest region for the next several years, mainly for two reasons. For one, the midwest is the centermost region of the United States. When something is in the center, it usually tends to draw attention, almost as if people want to get to the "heart" of it (it may sound like weird ideology, but that's how I see it). The other reason is what Machamp the Champion said, which I really agree with. A location at the center of the country is "balanced out" in terms of distance. Both the East and West Coasts will have roughly the same distance to a location around the center of the United States, compared to having a location on either of the coasts, which would make it very inconvenient for the other. Thus, having the location around the center of the country (in this case, the Midwest) makes it convenient for both coasts in that one isn't too far for the other.

As for the specific location, I have feeling it will come down to two: Indianapolis and Chicago. However, Indianapolis seems to be the much higher candidate though. They have been hosting Nationals there for four years now, and its become clear why this is the case. It has a great venue overall. The convention center is large enough to accommodate all players in the event, and there are many great hotels that are connected to the facility thanks to the skywalks. In addition, there are plenty of places to eat nearby thanks to the nearby mall and the restaurants in the streets below.

If they chose not to host it in Indianapolis, I have a feeling that Chicago will be the next city they'll go to, and it too can be a great location for nationals. The city has three great convention centers to host the event: Navy Pier, McCormick Place, and the Rosemont Convention Center. If P!P wants to host the tournament in the heart of Chicago so that players can have a scenic view of both the Skyline and Lake Michigan, Navy Pier is one good location. They could also host nationals at the McCormick Place if they are looking for a gigantic venue overall, as the McCormick Place is a tremendously large place. The Rosement Convention Center is another great place to host nationals due to its location since its located right outside O'Hare airport. Just imagine. Upon arriving at the airport, you are already there! In addition to that, there are some nice hotels and a few restaurants close by.

I wouldnt mind Chicago. (and i'm from Cali) They probably won't do it in Nashville or any other Southern state since Pokemon isn't THAT big in those regions.

Back