Pokemon What's Your Favorite Pokémon and Why?

I think I'll have to look at each region for this one.

Kanto: Gengar: I didn't really grow up with generation one at the time since I was a small child back then, but I think Gengar really stands out for me. I got to admit, he has quite a sinister yet cool grin, cool eyes, and he looks rather haunting. Not only that, but he's great in the competitive scene with great stats and a nice move pool. I also like its Mega Evolution a lot.

Johto: Scizor: Perhaps one of my favorite bug types around, if not, my top favorite bug-type. Again, he has an awesome design, especially when you look at those pinchers. Not only that, but he is also fantastic in the competitive scene thanks to his ability. I don't really like its Mega Evolution that much though. I don't know, it just looks... a little too "armored" if you ask me. I do like that it gets even better stats though.

Hoenn: Swampert: Pokemon Ruby was my first Pokemon game I actually got to play, and I remember picking Mudkip as my starter, and boy, was that a great move. Mudkip has such an awesome final evolution. I mean, Swampert looks great, and I especially like that it is both quad-pedal and bipedal in battle. It is also the only final evolution of a starter to have a single weakness, albeit quadruply weak to it, but still, gotta love that single weakness. Back in the Gen 3 and Gen 4 days, this was a great Pokemon in competitive play, but unfortunately, it has been nerfed in Generation 5, and Generation 6 still didn't give it much improvements. I only hope that it will a mega evolution in its future, because I would love to see it having a shot with Blaziken again.

Sinnoh: Gallade: I think you all saw this one coming just by looking at my username. I don't know where to begin. Gallade is currently my favorite Pokemon of all-time, and I always raise one whenever I try to complete a game's story. There are several reasons why I like Gallade so much. First off, just look at it. With that gladiator helmet and it's pose, it looks a true fighter when you look at its Ken Sugimori and Dream-World artwork. Just like Gardevoir, it has some awesome-looking eyes, but I think the eyes look more fitting on Gallade since he really looks like he means business. His legs aren't skinny compared to Gardevoir's and having extendable swords on his elbows is a really nice touch.

Second, I like its typing. Being a psychic and a fighting type, I always pictured Gallade as being the "Renaissance man" of all the Pokemon. Being a Psychic type, it must be a very intelligent Pokemon, and being a Fighting type, it must also be quite strong and talented. OK, I know what you all are thinking: "According to this logic, Medicham and Mega Mewtwo X would also fit this category you are talking about because they are also both Psychic and Fighting type." I know Medicham is also Psychic and Fighting, but with its design, it looks more like it would simply meditate than fight. As for Mega Mewtwo X... well, the fact it's an elastic fighter kind of creeps me out a bit. With Gallade, he looks like he's always ready for a fight with his many poses and those swords on his elbows, and compared to Medicham and Mega Mewtwo Y, he really does look a true fighter, at least in my opinion.

Furthermore, I like the fact that its decent in the video games. It has a great attack set and a fairly decent move pool: Close Combat, Psycho Cut, Ice Punch, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Stone Edge, Drain Punch, Swords Dance, Zen Headbut, and Shadow Sneak. Aside from functioning as a physical sweeper, it can be a decent trick roomer as well since it doesn't have the perfect speed stat. Kind of wish that Gallade was an OU Pokemon like it was in the early DP days, but oh well.

In addition, I fondly remember its TCG debut (in secret wonders) when it was a really great card. In Plox, the BDIF during the 2007-2008 season and a top-tier deck in the following two years, Gallade was a great card for pulling off these huge KOs thanks to its attack, Psychic Cut. To those who don't know what it does, it's an attack for a Psychic energy and a DCE that allows you to flip up as many of your prize cards as you like, and the attack did 60 plus 20 for each prize card you flipped up. Now that's one devastating attack! It's because of how well it worked in the Plox deck that I wish Gallade made the competitive scene in the TCG again, but alas, I don't think it's going to happen sometime soon, but you may never know.

And yes, you can imagine how angry I was when I found out Gardevoir got a mega evolution but Gallade did not, and I'm sure others would feel the same. I mean, being split evolutions of the other, it would be fair if they both got a mega evolution, but only one of them getting a mega evolution? That's just so unfair, and it's the only thing that I really don't like about generation 6 right now. Oh well, hopefully Gallade will get a mega evolution soon, whether it will be the Ruby and Sapphire remakes or Pokemon Z. Gaining a mega evolution could help Gallade reach the OU spotlight once again, and maybe even a future champion could use it to complement Diantha's mega Gardevoir. Of course, I, like others, already imagine how Gallade's mega evolution would look like. If Gardevoir's mega evolution looks like it's going to prom with that large dress, than so would Gallade's, except it would look like its wearing a Tuxedo. Yet, I'm sure it would still look awesome with a Tuxedo-like design.

Unova: Meloetta: I didn't like Meloetta when I first saw its sprite from the games, but once I saw its design in the anime, I was enamored with it. It has such a cute and innovative design. I like its big, blue, anime like eyes along with the headpiece and its musical-bar style streaks on its green hair. Its black dress makes it look as if she is a real choir singer. It also has quite a cute voice in the anime (and in the games as well), and I thoughts it was pretty adorable when it displayed signs of having a crush on Ash, and because of that, I hope that same Meloetta reappears in the anime. Aside from that cute design, I do like its usage in the games. It's signature lets change forms in the midst of battle, and that's a pretty nice touch. Just like the design, it is essentially both a Psychic and a Fighting type once you take both forms into consideration, and the typing is just like that of Gallade. Being part normal also means that it is a psychic type that is immune to ghost types, so that's nice. And yes, as many have figured out, I like its Aria Forme more than its Pirouette Forme.

Kalos: Aegislash: This is an example of an object-based Pokemon done right in my opinion. When I first saw its basic stage, Honedge, I didn't have a lot of high hopes. It looked like a bland ol' sword, and when I saw Doublade, I became further skeptical since its basically two Honedges. But then I saw Aegislash, and boy was my thinking wrong. He looks FAR more awesome than his previous stages. He's a human sized sword who also yields a shield, a cool-looking shield to be exact! Now that's a very innovative touch! I also really like its color scheme (silver, gold, black, and purple) because it really highlights its types. What I like most of all is how amazing it is in the games. Along with some great typing, its ability makes it a fantastic sweeper, if not, one of the best sweepers around this generation. He has such a great move pool too: Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon, Iron Head, King's Shield, Swords Dance, Automize, and even Sacred Sword, the signature move of the Musketeer Quartet. Truly an amazing Pokemon, and I'm so glad Honedge's evolution line didn't end with Doublade.

My favorite Pokemon is and will always be Pikachu. I fell in love with that ultra cute electric mouse from the first time that I watched Pokemon. I love Pikachu because he has so much personality and he is cute but can also be really strong.

I have quite a few, but since the start of all this, it's been Mewtwo. He fits the same tropes alot of my other characters I fondly like from other properties. Love his conflicting characterization, and his immense strength.

One of his better official pieces of artwork, is still the original IMO. [X]

Mine has always been vulpix and ninetales. Foxes have always been my favourite animal and I always found ninetales to be a really good fire pokemon to have around :)

Sent from my iPhone inside my human vivarium

[As of 1/13/14]
Octillery - オクタン

Spr_2c_224.gif

One of the weirder choices (I'll explain later), but my favorite Pokemon has to be Octillery! He/She's just so cute and ugh at the same time and I love Octillery for those reasons, but here are some others:
- My first Pokemon to reach LV60+
- My first Pokemon to evolve in TCG
- My cousin's first Pokemon TCG card ever (Not really mine, but still cool XD)
- Evolved from Remoraid in Pokemon Diamond Nuzlocke + Never Died
- My first Pokemon in Generation(s) IV and V to learn Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, Gunk Shot and Hyper Beam.
- My first Pokemon that I nicknamed
- My first Pokemon I used a Great Ball on
- My first Pokemon in Emerald Safari Zone (Post Game)
- My first Pokemon to learn Octozooka
- Etc, etc.

Anyway, just my first in a bunch of stuff and looks so cute and I can't control myself whenever I see one (or a Remoraid) because I just am like CATCH CATCH CATCH GOTTA CATCH GOTTA TRAIN GOTTA BE ON TEAM NOW! I just can't stress how much I love this little Jet Propeller, oh yeah, and it's in every Pokedex except for Kanto, and even then in FRLG I can capture it in the Sevii Islands. So I pretty much almost always have one! Also in My Pokemon Ranch, Pokewalker and the 2007 Japanese Giveaway (Golgo Octillery) it always holds a Focus Band which is AMAZING... oh, and did I mention how adorable and squishy it is... wait for it...
I SHALL CALL HIM SQUISHY AND HE SHALL BE MINE AND HE SHALL BE MY SQUISHY!

This question will be the death of me... Jesus. I have a new favorite Pokemon every day. xD Right now, probably Jolteon! It's just so cute and strong and makes me love Electric types even more! Then again, all of the Eeveelutions are just amazing... v.v

GoobieDoob said:
[As of 1/13/14]
Octillery - オクタン

Spr_2c_224.gif

One of the weirder choices (I'll explain later), but my favorite Pokemon has to be Octillery! He/She's just so cute and ugh at the same time and I love Octillery for those reasons, but here are some others:
- My first Pokemon to reach LV60+
- My first Pokemon to evolve in TCG
- My cousin's first Pokemon TCG card ever (Not really mine, but still cool XD)
- Evolved from Remoraid in Pokemon Diamond Nuzlocke + Never Died
- My first Pokemon in Generation(s) IV and V to learn Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, Gunk Shot and Hyper Beam.
- My first Pokemon that I nicknamed
- My first Pokemon I used a Great Ball on
- My first Pokemon in Emerald Safari Zone (Post Game)
- My first Pokemon to learn Octozooka
- Etc, etc.

Anyway, just my first in a bunch of stuff and looks so cute and I can't control myself whenever I see one (or a Remoraid) because I just am like CATCH CATCH CATCH GOTTA CATCH GOTTA TRAIN GOTTA BE ON TEAM NOW! I just can't stress how much I love this little Jet Propeller, oh yeah, and it's in every Pokedex except for Kanto, and even then in FRLG I can capture it in the Sevii Islands. So I pretty much almost always have one! Also in My Pokemon Ranch, Pokewalker and the 2007 Japanese Giveaway (Golgo Octillery) it always holds a Focus Band which is AMAZING... oh, and did I mention how adorable and squishy it is... wait for it...
I SHALL CALL HIM SQUISHY AND HE SHALL BE MINE AND HE SHALL BE MY SQUISHY!

I started watching Pokemon episodes from the start again a few months ago, and Octillery was in one of the episodes I saw yesterday. It was the episode in the fifth season where they met this little kid with all the Remoraids and he wanted one of his Remoraids to evolve into Octillery to prepare for the water pokemon championship in Johto. It evolved, but the Remoraids didn't recognize it as their friend, but did in the end because the Octillery saved them from Team Rocket like usual and all that stuff xD

Lol, point is Octillery is a pretty cool pokemon :p Not a very normal choice for favourite, but it is a cool pokemon.

ZeSpecter said:
I started watching Pokemon episodes from the start again a few months ago, and Octillery was in one of the episodes I saw yesterday. It was the episode in the fifth season where they met this little kid with all the Remoraids and he wanted one of his Remoraids to evolve into Octillery to prepare for the water pokemon championship in Johto. It evolved, but the Remoraids didn't recognize it as their friend, but did in the end because the Octillery saved them from Team Rocket like usual and all that stuff xD

Lol, point is Octillery is a pretty cool pokemon :p Not a very normal choice for favourite, but it is a cool pokemon.

I love that episode with a burning passion! The little Remoraid are so cute and awesome and squishy little cuteness blobs of fish (weird way to describe a Remoraid but whatever) and I believe is the first time Octillery was brought up in the Anime! So awesome and I know it's a weird choice... I'm a weird person XD

GoobieDoob said:
I love that episode with a burning passion! The little Remoraid are so cute and awesome and squishy little cuteness blobs of fish (weird way to describe a Remoraid but whatever) and I believe is the first time Octillery was brought up in the Anime! So awesome and I know it's a weird choice... I'm a weird person XD

Yeah, it was the first time Octillery was brought up in the Anime. Remoraid have been in a few though :p

I think Shiftry is pretty cool, I don't think that's a very normal choice for favourite either lol, but more common than Octillery I'd imagine.

...Mr. Mime because he can cook. Ok... now for real (altough Ash's Mom has a Mr.Mime who is an excellent chef.)
Since Pokémon Blue Mr. Mime has always ment so much for me...the most human-like Pokémon. For a long time when I was a child I didn't even know his real name, I always though he had the name "Marcel" because in Pokémon Blue he had that name. Mr. Mime is just super amazing!

But these days I like Victini the most. "This Pokémon brings victory. It is said that Trainers with Victini always win, regardless of the type of encounter. " Also I liked how he was portrayed in the movie Black—Victini and Reshiram.

My favorite Pokémon is Pachirisu I just like it's colors (also the shiny).
This is based on Dawn's Pachirisu: I like the way it acts, it's hyper/full of energy. I like it's voice and that it's electric attacks are blue.

That's hard. Water and Psychic-types are my favorite. I guess Starmie would make sense but I really love Greninja and its previous stages. Not because of its godly ability; Protean. It's because of its theme, a water bubbly ninja frog, that's a freaking cool concept. I'm a little disappointed it's not a physical sweeper but it's still decent anyway.

My favorite Pokemon? Shaymin. Why? Well, it kinda matches my personality perfectly. At first I'm sweet and timid like the Land Forme, but in the right situation, I'm bold, speedy and like to take risks like the Sky Forme. That, and both formes are absolutely adorable and have great movesets. My Shaymin knows Earth Power. How many Grass-types can learn Earth Power?

My twin sister and I go on Pokebeach at one time (since we only have this computer), and here are our Top 10 favourite Pokemon. Nearly all of them are counterparts.

Me (Elena)
1.Reshiram (my sister and I are twins - Reshiram and Zekrom are twins)
2.Mewtwo (even both Mega Evolutions are amazing)
3.Ho-Oh(I grew attached to Ho-Oh when our eyes met. It used to be my favourite Pokemon before Generation 5, and Suicune was second)
4.Tornadus(Tornadus Therian form is awesome)
5.Suicune(Who can resist a beautiful legendary crystal-water type Pokemon?)

6.Yveltal(I loved the position of my top 5 Pokemon, so Yveltal could be my sixth (my second favourite even number)
7.Genesect(What reasons are there to not like Genesect?)
8.Latias(A gentle, caring, intelligent Pokemon who is loving and affectionate)
9.Keldeo(Everybody loves the Unova Region...)
10.Kyogre(Counterparts with Groudon. If I had a GameBoy, I would have bought Pokemon Sapphire Version. Are we waiting for the 3DS version of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald?)

MaryLyn (twin sister)
1.Zekrom(The same reason as Reshiram)
2.Arceus(We first saw it in the movie, our first watched Pokemon movie.)
3.Lugia(When we first saw it, we thought it looked like a dinosaur/dragon, then came that strong bond to my sister.)
4.Thundurus(The Therian Form is amazing - Tornadus and Thundurus are like twins)
5.Entei(Even though I love fire and she likes water, Entei and Suicune were our matches.)

6.Xerneas(The same reason as Yveltal.)
7.Latios(A highly intelligent Pokemon that can overtake Jet Planes.)
8.Darkrai(There's something about Darkrai that she likes, there was a deep connection in Pokemon X).
9.Palkia(She loves the creation trio, and the first legendary Pokemon she ever caught (Pokemon Pearl), but sadly the game is lost.) Will we ever find it again?
10.Groudon(A great counterpart with Kyogre - the chosen Game Boy Game would have been Pokemon Ruby out of the two.)

I probably have thousands of reasons to explain why these are our chosen 10. When it comes to non-legendary Pokemon, here are our other top 5.

Elena.
1.Tyrantrum and all dinosaur Pokemon (I loved the Tyrannosaurus-Rex when I was 1)
2.All snake Pokemon(I love snakes (and dinosaurs) like my sister)
3.Sandile and its evolutions (Reptiles are amazing)
4.Typhlosion(My favourite starter Pokemon other than Serperior
5.Lucario (it used to be my first ever favourite Pokemon, when I was 7, because of the movie.)

MaryLyn
1.Furfrou(because of the (maybe first) level 100 Furfrou called Ferfra that has accumulated a very high bond)
2.Aurorus(you know why)
3.Meganium
4.Hydreigon(we love animals, and dragons as well)
5.Samurott

flilix said:
What's your favorite pokémon and why do you like him?

My favorite Pokemon is Zapdos. Even though it's a little bit of an older Pokemon it's one of my favorites. I love thae art on it and I've always found it fun to play with. It's not too overpowered but it's not too difficult to level up.

Besides that I really like Sableye all because of his looks. I also love his noise when you deploy him in the video game.

I also love all dragon type and think that the older gen Pokemon will always be the best!:p

Sure, why not?
My favorite would be:
034.png

Nidoking!

I was always fascinated with the Pokemon's design ever since was really young. I always thought he looked strong and powerful. As well, I thought Giovanni was extremely cool (and still do) whenever I was younger too and I saw he also had a Nidoking. Lastly, poison types have been one of my favorites

As my picture suggests, my favorite pokemon is mew.
It has base 100 stats, making it a balanced pokemon. Furthermore, the ability to learn all TM's makes it versatile. It can also transform, making it one out of two pokemon that can. And the idea of being a metamorph and the pokemon ancestor is cool in general. :)

My favourite Pokémon is Wailord. He looks monstrous in XY and I like his animations. He's also big like me(don't judge me :p). Other then Wailord I'd say Rotom since he's a diverse pokemon thanks to his forms, they all also look really good in XY.

Back