Pokemon What's Your Favorite Pokémon and Why?

Moved to the Chillax Zone.

Also, mine's Dunsparce. Even though it's not very strong, its personality makes up for it (which is even shown in its moveset with moves like Rage and Spite). It's got a really bright color scheme despite living primarily in caves, and it has Serene Grace despite being an awkward pillow snake thing. Nothing about it makes sense and that is why I love it.

Currently, (because it's always changing) Victini. I love the name and even though it's small and looks weak it's so strong. <3

My favorite pokemon is Umbreon for multiple reasons. My favorite pokemon games are Colloseum/XD and Umbreon is in those games. Umbreon has a really cool-looking color scheme of black and yellow. Umbreon is a black cat, and cats are one of my favorite animals.

Like the last poster my favorite spin-off games are colosseum/XD however my favorite pokemon is charizard since it was my first starter ever when I played fire red.

Pretty sure a similar thread has been posted, but I'll comment anyways.

Probably Haxorus, Garchomp, Dragonair, or any other ferocious-looking dragon-type. I love dragons. <3

Mine is Arcanine, it always has been. It`s my favorite because well i love the way it looks and it is a very strong pokemon.

Typhlosion, back in Grade 8 I didn't have any friends and would play my Crystal cart a lot, I developed quite an attachment to that Pokemon after playign with it everyday for over a year, so via that, the specie holds a very special place in heart. Its also a close tie with Garchomp, its very powerful and cool looking and has won me a lot of post game battle challenge awards by knocking around the battle frontier, tower, and subway 100 streak, both of those are a must have on my Pokemon teams out of these sentiments.

Lotad. I love water types. I'm also a huge Monet fan. Monet fans and those familiar with his work knows he throws out paintings of water lilies one after another. I think they're pretty. Lotad is the Pokémon form of my love of water and art I guess you could say.

my favorite pokemon is Blastoise because:
1)first starter so nostalgia
2)Favorite animal+Favorite color+canons=EPIC
3)I had this one dream once and i was riding a blastoise and we was kicking so much ass together

No one would ever be able to guess my favorite Pokemon..

Okay, you got me, it's Eevee. :p
Eevee has been my favorite since Pokemon came out, many Winters ago. Being the ONLY Pokemon with more than 2 Evolution paths at the time and each a different Element altogether, I thought it was just the coolest thing ever!
Years have passed, and Eevee has only gotten cooler with the edition of each new Eeveelution. And in the case of Glaceon, literally so. (Couldn't resist the pun..)

In that regard I used to like Tyrogue for his similarity with Eevee, as well as the fact that I love Martial Arts (like anyone with a brain does!), and the uniqueness surrounding his Evolution. I use the past tense because I stopped being into Pokemon after Gen 2, and only recently got back into it, and my long-term memory is shoddy at best. As such I can barely remember any other Pokemon I liked, aside from Eevee, Ditto, and Celebi.

Since coming back some of the newer Pokemon I've come to like, and/or older Pokemon I've newly developed a penchant for:
- Emolga
- Dragonair
- Ghastly
- Mew
- Mamoswine/Piloswine
- Dewott
- Relentless, er, I mean... Fletchling*

Sheriff_K said:
No one would ever be able to guess my favorite Pokemon..

Okay, you got me, it's Eevee. :p
Eevee has been my favorite since Pokemon came out, many Winters ago. Being the ONLY Pokemon with more than 2 Evolution paths at the time and each a different Element altogether, I thought it was just the coolest thing ever!
Years have passed, and Eevee has only gotten cooler with the edition of each new Eeveelution. And in the case of Glaceon, literally so. (Couldn't resist the pun..)

In that regard I used to like Tyrogue for his similarity with Eevee, as well as the fact that I love Martial Arts (like anyone with a brain does!), and the uniqueness surrounding his Evolution. I use the past tense because I stopped being into Pokemon after Gen 2, and only recently got back into it, and my long-term memory is shoddy at best. As such I can barely remember any other Pokemon I liked, aside from Eevee, Ditto, and Celebi.

Since coming back some of the newer Pokemon I've come to like, and/or older Pokemon I've newly developed a penchant for:
- Emolga
- Dragonair
- Ghastly
- Mew
- Mamoswine/Piloswine
- Dewott
- Relentless, er, I mean... Fletchling*

Drat I thought your favorite was shinx. However welcome back to the pokemon scene. :D

its totodile my reason I don't even know why I just love totodile I even bring a totodile figure with me everywhere I go...its imported from japan(I think) when I got it the box had a bunch of Asian writing so I guessed anyway shinx is my 2nd same reason idk

totodilefan31601 said:
its totodile my reason I don't even know why I just love totodile I even bring a totodile figure with me everywhere I go...its imported from japan(I think) when I got it the box had a bunch of Asian writing so I guessed anyway shinx is my 2nd same reason idk
Welcome to the beach!!! My guess Shinx for nostalgia genfour person. Totodile in soulsilver you play that.

Lol you can probably tell by my username. I just love glaceon so much. Its design is just so nice looking and I love ice types so ya :p

My favourite Pokémon of all time has to be Dugtrio.

I fell in love with the mysterious mole triplets ever since I caught it at the Diglett's Cave in my very first Pokémon Blue run.
The super fast speed and the blinding Earthquake and Rock Slide decimated any opponent I came across, and with Slash that crit'd most of the time, I swept the E4 and the Champion with relative ease.

Ever since then, Dugtrio has captured a special spot in my heart. I had always been a fan of moles since my childhood, and had a crazy fascination for geology. Combine them together to the most unique Ground-type in existence. <3

And then it got Arena Trap in Generation 3 and it never left my #1 Fave Pokémon spot.

I have a huge, huuuuge list.
One Pokemon from each generation, one favorite of every type, favorite legendary....
So, here it goes.

GENERATION

I chose one Pokemon from all the generations. Well, except Gen 6.
The entire Pokedex hasn't been released, so....

Gen 1: Cloyster.
He's a clam, with a purple pearl as a face.
I've always loved that he could also shoot ice beams from his horn....
He also has a pretty good defense stat.
Its entry states that once it slams itself shut, its nearly impossible to shut.
So that means big guys like Machamp can't even force him open.
I'm going to catch one in X and Y, if you can find it in the game.
His name will be Spikes.

Gen 2: Macargo.
A snail? Made of LAVA? Yes please.
Unfortunately, his typing isn't that good...but hey, Mega Evos, amirite?
(Please Game Freak. Mega Lava Snails.)
If I ever get one, his name will be Blackburn.

Gen 3: Shiftry.
I really have no idea how he evolved from an acorn, but he's awesome.
He looks like one of those old sages from a Japanese village, full of wise words but always ready to kick butt.
Though it has a limited movepool, he still can be used.
Kinda.
I remember when I was little, I had a Shiftry action figure. I lost it though....
I gave a nickname to the toy, and it was named Leafcutter.

Gen 4: Purugly
Why am I always hearing that this fat cat is ugly?
Sure...it has it in it's name, but it's not THAT ugly. Just look at Garbador and Weezing.
The thing is, I've always had a thing for fluffy cats, and this little furball is just the thing for me, when I started my first Pokemon game in Pearl.
I named her Gurall. I really don't know why.

Gen 5: Excadrill.
Generation five released so many awesome Pokemon, and Excadrill was one of them.
This guy is a mole, who can transform into a drill.
It's previous evolution could nearly outrun an automobile, and I'm assuming that Excadrill could do even better.
In my first Pokemon Black run, I caught a Drilbur in Wellspring cave.
I named her Sixty.

Alright, that's all for now.
Maybe I'll return, with all my favorite legendaries in all the Gens.

Charmander. Its just kind of one of those in-explainable childhood things that you end up growing so attached to, you can't ever switch favorites. But nostalgia isnt the only reason I love this little guy. He can be cute and BA all in one, all while being a flaming reptile. Another reason I say Charmander is because, these days with all the Pokemon we currently have, there are just so many I like and favor that I can barely begin to list all my favorites. So I usually just say Charmander to make it easier on everyone that asks. :p

But again, don't get me wrong, I still love Charmander for Charmander, not just because I don't know what else to say or because of nostalgia.

Those of you who know me well, you do not even have to ask. My fave Pokémon of all time is Ludicolo. I love Ludicolo's design, the way it works in battle and the overall feeling to it. Ludicolo is just such a happy Pokémon, always dancing and singing. :3 (a bit like me. xD)

I could post my top 10 for each gen too. They change a lot, though. For example, this one day I realized how frickin' awesome I think Heracross is. But let's get to it.

Gen 1
1. Blastoise.
2. Persian
3. Mew
4. Gengar
5. Charizard
6. Zapdos
7. Venusaur
8. Magneton
9. Alakazam
10. Gyarados

Gen 2
1. Meganium
2. Lugia
3. Croconaw
4. Tyranitar
5. Entei
6. Heracross
7. Blissey
8. Sneasel
9. Espeon
10. Skarmory

Gen 3
1. Ludicolo (do you even have to ask?)
2. Jirachi
3. Gardevoir
4. Metagross
5. Deoxys
6. Swampert
7. Blaziken
8. Banette
9. Glalie
10. Manectric

Gen 4
1. Infernape
2. Lucario
3. Dialga
4. Togekiss
5. Gastrodon (especially the East Sea version.)
6. Mesprit
7. Staraptor
8. Luxray
9. Hippowdon
10. Munchlax

Gen 5
1. Oshawott (my little Daisuke <3)
2. Thundurus
3. Hydreigon
4. Kyurem-White (lawl, if it counts.)
5. Keldeo
6. Zoroark
7. Serperior
8. Victini
9. Escavalier
10. Garbodor

Gen 6
1. Sylveon
2. Mega Charizard X (my little Charree is a big girl now <3)
3. Mega Blastoise (my little Abrams is a big boy now <3)
4. Hawlucha
5. Pancham
6. Tyrunt
7. Braixen
8. Fletchinder
9. Gourgeist
10. Froakie

Yeah, I got a bit emotional. But I think it's great, when you have such a bond with a Pokémon. :3

I suppose my username and pic make it a multiple choice test. :)

I've gotta go with Ninetales. I've always thought foxes were absolutely adorable, and I've always wanted to pet one. Pokemon-Amie lets me do so virtually. I also like the Kitsune mythology which inspired Ninetales.

Back