What Was Your Funniest Pokemon TCG Moment?

RogueChomp

Team DBT
Hey guys! I was wondering.....what were the funniest moments in Pokemon TCG that you have ever had? Was it a donk, a play, a trade, or something else? Tell me about it and have fun! :p

It has nothing to do with actual Pokémon, but while I was at some small tournament a couple years ago, we were at lunch and my friend (14 or 15 at the time) started humming "We Built This City". A girl who was probably 18 came up to him and said disgustedly, "how old are you?" He looked her in the eyes, and said completely seriously, "how old do you want me to be?" It was funnier if you were actually there...

I'll probably do more later.

^ XD I get it. Thats funny.
My funniest moments were probably either donking a Sableye (SF) with a Roserade GL (Roserade GL+ Expert Belt + Flash Bite x2 = donk!) and when my friend went against iisnumber12 1st round in a cities with VVV and got 8 tails on Vanniluxe flips (Fliptini included) and then he went against me and got another 8 tails. He's so lucky. XD

@celebi23: #winning

Myself I think it was the first time I ever went to States. At Round 1 I got paired up against my friend - he knew what I was playing (Dusknoir LV.X with Gardevoir LV.X), and I knew what he was playing (Wormadam Grass Cloak tank with various Grass types). I manage to get Dusknoir LV.X out on my 4th turn and start swinging left and right with Darkness Mist, gaining an early lead and taking 3 prizes. He ends up KOing my Dusknoir, and I Ectoplasm, creating a Stadium to spread damage. He told me he ran no stadiums, so he had no way to stop my spread.

Thing was, at this point, I was going into an energy drought, and I couldn't send up another attacker or anything after Dusknoir died. And, at this point, he's got a few Stage 2s on his bench, a pumped-up Wormadam, and an Active Landmin LV.X. Good luck taking any prizes now.

I keep sending up basics and trying to stall him out, and anything I send up he kills. In the meantime I keep trying to power up my Kirlia, in case I draw into Gardevoir.
I didn't, but at the last possible moment, when all avenues were lost and all his bench had 120 HP worth of damage or so, I topdeck an Energy - now Kirlia has 3 energy to attack. I Telekinesis his Active Shaymin, which has 50 HP left, for 40 damage, bringing it down to 10. In between turns, Dusknoir puts 1 damage counter on everybody, and I watch as Shaymin falls, and with it, the extra 40 HP from Thankfulness vanishes, destroying his entire field. I KO 4 Pokemon, take my last three prizes, and clear his field.

I got complements from the people sitting next to us as well, as well as from my friend, who applauded.

Best. Game. Ever.

watching a kid flip out after he hit a base 2 charizard.....lol.....i was like "It's not a 1st edition man, calm down."

Realizing that Glaceon LV.X and Dialga G LV.X was not a top tier deck.

When I was playing Speedrill and my opponent was playing Sablelock. He starts with Sableye and I start with a lone Weedle. Luckily I was playing the bad 60 HP Weedle because I didn't have any of the "good" 50 HP Call for Family ones. He attaches a Special Dark and does Overconfident for 20. On my turn I go off and drop BTS, Roseannes for a Weedle and a Baltoy, and Rare Candy and evolve into a Flutter Wings Beedrill. Then I drop Baltoy, BTS into a Claydol, and bottom to draw 6. I attach an energy, Flutter Wings to search for a Kakuna and then evolve straight away into my Band Attack Beedrill. Then I attack for 60, Donking him. His mouth hit the floor and was mad because if I had the "good" Weedle he would have won :)

The other is when I was playing Shiftry, and my opponent started with a Baltoy. I went second, and had a Seedot start. Seedot does 20 Damage for a DCE, and Baltoy is weak against Grass. I had an Expert Belt in my hand a needed a DCE for the donk. Guess what I topdeck :p One of the best accomplishments of all time.

One of my funniest moments was in States top cut. David Shoyket practically destroyed his set up to get out an ambipom g, then he noticed my garchomp c had an energy on it. Then, the icing on the cake, I suggested he scoop and he did, then won on time in game 3. :(

At one of my Cities in Top 8, I was playing against a Chandelure deck. He got a T2 Vileplume and I prized my Magnetons. So I basically was using my Thundurus against his Chandelure army. I announce Disaster Volt while I'm confused. I flip tails, knocking myself out and netting him two or three prizes the next turn. The judge saw this and said, "they named that attack well." The comment itself wasn't as funny as how it took me two minutes to get it, and I started cracking up as we were shuffling for the next game.

In top two of that Cities, the guy I lost to in Top 8 was playing against David Cohen. He wrote Professor Oak's New Visit on his decklist, and since that's not a legal card he had to replace it with basic energy, putting him at 19 energy and hardly any draw supporters. David goes first. His opponent opens with a lone Oddish. He attaches a Lightning to his Tornadus, Junipers to hit a Pachi with two energy. He plays it down, self-generates two energy to it, and PASSES! The whole room cracked up, lol. His opponent drew nothing and scooped.

When I was at my friends house, I was playing my Magmortar TM-Emboar while he was playing Durant.
When we started, his Sp Metal Energy(all 4), Rotom, and A Durant was prized. Since he had no way to get those cards, he was locked in that state.
It gaved me enough time to get 12 energy onto my Magmortar and shave DOWN his deck ENTIRELY five turns later.
I kinda like durant now.

One time, I decked a Durant deck with my lock deck that teched 3 Durant. I discarded all their revives and then X Balled them to death. P.S. This game was against Rougechomp

This wasn't an in-game thing, but once at a Cities, I was playing Scizor/Umbreon against this kid who was using Dialgachomp. He announces his attack on my Scizor, and he has a DCE on his GCX (DGX is not in play). I tell him that he cannot do that because of Red Armor, and I do not allow him to take back his move. He checks in with a judge to make sure that I was correct, and the judge agrees. As the judge turns around, the kid removes the latch from under the table and the whole table comes crashing down. Everyone looks at the kid who is speechless, and he gets pulled to the side and is disqualified from the tournament.

The funny thing is that my cards were still on the play mat in the same position when the table fell down.

I heard about some guy who flipped a table at States after he lost. This was in Masters, no less.

I never saw it firsthand, but I heard about it later. I think it happened several years ago.

me and a friend were both playing really bad decks just for fun one day, like, theme decks bad. I ended taking my last prize by doing 500 damage against his cyndaquil with one energy with my my slowbro hs that had 11 psychics on him.

second was when my friend tried to convince me that golduck tm was a really good card.

Last years Indianapolis Regionals. Me and my friends had at least 20 pokeball beach balls and were chucking them in the pool. I loved that event.

When I beat a chandelure deck that had beaches with an electrode and dragons deck. I only had one electrode in the deck. XD

crobia_3 said:
Last years Indianapolis Regionals. Me and my friends had at least 20 pokeball beach balls and were chucking them in the pool. I loved that event.

My group of friends did that at Indy Regs 2010.

I don't really have a moment that's funnier than them all. A lot of them are equally funny.

Back