Pokemon What thrills you in pokemon?

For some reason...playing the Wifi Battle Tower in D/P/Pl is amazing for me :D. I LOOOOOOOVE doing that and it's a thrill when I get really far.

Any time I face the champion for the first time in any version is so amazing. Or when you go 1-1 against the Champion. Even if you lose it's awesome :D

Once I found a shiny Sandslash, so naturaly, I freaked out. I got super mad when it ran away (I was in the Safari Zone). Also, when I had my first few Legendary Encounters in PRB, I could feel my entire body shaking like crazy. Now I have a bunch of Legendaries, so I'm not as worried that I'll loose.

I get thrills when I see someone artistically depict Pokemon in a uniquely adorable fashion.

Zekrom Black said:
Once I found a shiny Sandslash, so naturaly, I freaked out. I got super mad when it ran away (I was in the Safari Zone). Also, when I had my first few Legendary Encounters in PRB, I could feel my entire body shaking like crazy. Now I have a bunch of Legendaries, so I'm not as worried that I'll loose.

I remember that when I would play R/B/Y. You would be horribly lost in Cerulean Cave and you feel like your getting no where. Then you see it...Mewtwo. Your hands shake and you almost forget to save because your so eager to catch it. You start the battle...and realize it's 20 levels stronger than you and you lose horribly ;_;

Video Games:
Overall bumping into funny or scary implications, running into creepypasta situations, glitches, all that jazz that would creep people out. Making gijinkas and replaying games along with my best friend. Shinies too obviously.

TCG:
Not caring too much about the Metalame (honestly, I think it'd be more interesting if people also felt this way and made something with Pokemon they like. Never know the possibilities and potential! ), building a deck without caring about rotation - and actually making the deck because I like the Pokemon or want to do some nifty tricks you don't see often. Rogue decks are also something I like when I DO stay within rotation, because ya know what? I can proudly say "I built this deck myself and I'm proud of it." when it does a good job - win or lose.

Zyflair said:
I get thrills when I see someone artistically depict Pokemon in a uniquely adorable fashion.

If this was facebook I'd hit the like button 1,000,000 times.

Zyflair said:
Insert obligatory and anticipated "D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWW" here every time you update your Photobucket.

Whenever Pokemon decides to make another awesome guy trainer for me to fangirl over.

The thrills I get from Pokémon... The first thing that comes to mind is, of course, finding a Shiny Pokémon in the games. (Though that also fills me with dread after my Wooper encounter in SoulSilver's Safari Zone...)

Another thing would be the revelation of a new Generation, a new movie, or one of the Mythical Pokémon. Despite the fact the fanbase predicts these events long before they happen, each time is exciting. In the case of new Generations and Mythical Pokémon, it's a chance to see more artwork from Ken Sugimori, which is always something I look forward to.

The last thing I can think of that thrills me would be battles in the Battle Subway / other facilities like that, and facing human opponents. Facing the usual NPCs in the games is far too easy, but when it comes down to possibly losing a high winning streak it gets pretty tense (especially when I still need the Battle Subway star for my Trainer Card). Facing real people on Wi-Fi is also a thrill, since they're always more challenging than anything the game could throw at me.

In TCG: KOing a Yanmega Prime that has been a real pain for a few rounds.

In VGC: Knowing I have a spot at Nationals because I got third place at Regionals.

I think that you get the most thrills whilst playing a Nuzlocke challenge, because at any moment, you know that your Pokemon could die, and where does that leave you? I'm in a White Nuzlocke right now, and I've lost a lot of good friends. I'll miss you Raj and Rocco the Patrats

I also think the TCG is really fun, except you can get kinda moody when you're losing. Badly.

I definitely get thrills when doing a Nuzelocke. I also like the really close TCG games where one mistake could cause you or your opponent to lose.

Mareepman said:
I definitely get thrills when doing a Nuzelocke. I also like the really close TCG games where one mistake could cause you or your opponent to lose.
Every game I played with Regigigas was like this.

Any Pokemon TCG tournament. I have nervous...reactions a lot at tournaments so that's how I can tell. Pokemon is literally the most stressful thing I do.

"Thrills" is a vague term. I always used to love winning a tough game of TCG, when my friends used to play, but it never thrilled me, playing a game of cards, I really must go to a major event some day.
Playing classic VG does give me a thrill for many reasons - Movesets, going through the game with all the different Pokemon you can train, the classic music (oh god the music is so nostalgic). However I think everyone can agree the ending to B/W was the most 'thrilling' experience in a Pokemon game yet.

Getting a legit Master Ball in your game, having that sense of power, knowing you can catch ANYTHING.

Getting invited to Nats is great too :>

I get a great feeling when i pull something cool or win a tournament but what really is great is that i have parents that take me to events and sometimes buy pokemon supplies for me.

Haha I totally read that title in the wrong way...

Anyways, I get thrills and chills whenever I fight a major antagonist. Or find a Shiny Pokemon. Just not Read Gyarados. Everyone and their Poochyena has a Red Gyarados.

"I got chills! They're multiplyin'!"

I get a thrill by almost making cut by beating HUMILIATING ChandyPlume and google.dec ( I'm sorry, I will never be able to forgive google Cawthon) :p

Edit: Neither of them took a prize card ( thank you linear attack)

Back