What Kind of Pokémon Do You Want to See in Sun & Moon?

A *good sea slug :p

But Shellos and Gastrodon are the best! I love your cards, Yog, but you're breaking my heart... </3

I do agree that we could see some more sea slugs/snails in Pokémon, though, because there are so many varieties and they all look super cool.

Tiger Pokémon [Normal/Grass? Because Savannah?]
Dolphin Pokémon [Water/Psychic?]
Or maybe some fairies that look like Storybook fairies.

I've always had a thing where I would be able to die happy if GameFreak made the following into Pokémon:

Pistol Shrimp
Honey Badger
One-Eyed, One-Horned, Flying Purple People Eater

Gen 6 delivered on the first one. Now I await for the other two.

Also, for funsies, a Poison/Steel type based on a toilet. Because you KNOW GameFreak will go there some day.

Brain Pokemon could be interesting. If it's not dark for Ninja Turtles, then it shouldn't be too dark for Pokemon (Krang)

Another big one we don't have is an earthworm Pokemon, which would make a good Ground/Bug type and add some much needed variety to the usual lineup of cave dwellers.

Oh, and some type of snowman Pokemon. Maybe they could go Ice/Ghost and make it a haunted snowman.

A Rotom based on a lamp, wich would be a Electric/Steel type. Getting the new move: Flash Cannon. (Because all of the Rotom forms have a special special attack)
I know a lamp sounds really stupid. I just couldn't think about a object for Rotom.

I was thinking the same thing for some time now.

I think Dolphin pokemon is something way overdue. The closest is Lanturn I think. OP has some good suggestions, as do everyone else. The following may have already been mentioned here since I just skimmed past them really quick.

Mountain Gorilla LEGENDARY, metal/fighting/grass.
Flying fish, Water/flying/fairy?
Kingfisher, grass/flying.
Musk Oxen or Yak, Grass/colourless.
a koala or a wombat, maybe even both, any type.

Another turn at a red panda. Maybe a fire/fighting red panda?

I want to see Pokemon with typing not done before. Like an Ice-type bird. Or a Ghost/Ice spider-like Pokemon.

Or maybe deviate from the regular "Grass/Water/Fire" typing of the starters.

I want to see Pokemon with typing not done before. Like an Ice-type bird. Or a Ghost/Ice spider-like Pokemon.

Or maybe deviate from the regular "Grass/Water/Fire" typing of the starters.

Ice Type Bird? Delibird and Articuno are offended. :p

I would also like to see a ghost spider.

I really want a dolphin Pokemon. Baffled as to how we haven't gotten one already. I think Water/Psychic would be a cool typing, water for obvious reasons and psychic because dolphins are supposedly very smart and it'd be cool to have a dolphin Pokemon that emphasized that.

Other than that I'd like to see more fairy-type Pokemon that aren't cutesy and pink. Nothing wrong with it, but there is so much folklore GF could pull from for design ideas and I'm disappointed that they haven't done that yet.

My hopes for Generation 7....
More nature / evolution based Generation

Grass Starter = based on life itself (final evolution is Grass / Fairy)
Fire Starter = Based on the earth and lava (final evolution is: Fire/Ground)
Water Starter = based one cleansing ability of water (final evolution is water/psychic)
  • Kangaroo = Normal
  • Koala = Grass/Normal
  • Paradise Bird = Fairy/Flying
  • Blue Dagon = Ice / Dragon
  • Antilope = Lighting / Psychic --> It is fast as lightning, its movements look like teleporting
  • One Celled Pokemon = The Origin Pokemon
  • Evolution Jynx = looks almost human

And I want the Lightning-Fire-Ice/Water Legendary trio's Back!
- Lighting Unicorn
- Fire Pegasus
- Water/Ice Hippocampus

Eeveelutions
- Ireon (metal)
- Crystallion (Gem based ground Pokemon)
- Furyeon (Dragon Fury Pokemon)

Mega Pokemon
Raichu (with multiple razor sharp tails) Lighting/Metal

Violin evolves into Viola evolves into Cello mega evolves into Double Bass. Don't know what type this would be, Normal? Fairy? I don't know. I guess Psychic since the only other musical Pokemon, Meloetta, is Psychic, although Chatot is Normal.

AAA evovlves into AA evolves into C mega evolves into D. This is obviously Electric.

As mentioned a few times, I would welcome a Fighting/Fairy Minotaur as a new Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon.

My thoughts so far for how it could work would be to have Iron Fist as its' main Ability, while Sheer Force would be its' Hidden Ability.

Movepool ideas would be as many punching moves as possible in its' level-up and Egg movepools.

It would have borderline balanced Stats, just like Hydreigon, as well as access to a diverse TM movepool. It would primarily be pure Fighting for the first two stages, then it becomes Fighting/Fairy upon its' final stage. I would imagine the whole evolution line being a Pseudo-Legendary equivalent to Tepig's evolution line.

You mean batteries? Make it Electric/Poison and I'm on board.

I was going to mention an alternate poison forme for this Pokemon, but couldn't think of how it could work. Maybe if you gave it a sun stone, it permanently changes into the poison forme? I don't know if batteries leak if left in the sun for too long. Maybe they explode, I don't know.

I have a better idea. There would be a pokemon based on a gummy bear. It evolves into some sticky goo if you give it a sun stone.

I don't think I've mentioned this one here yet, but I also want to see a Ground/Bug earthworm Pokemon at some point. We could use a bit more variety in caves, there's too many bats and rocks.

I'd like to see Pokemon based off of:

Koala
Dolphin - could be Water/Psychic. Thinking because of its echolocation and high intelligence.
Donkey
Pegasus
Alicorn (Horse with unicorn horn and pegasus wings. Mega Rapidash maybe?)
Quetzal (Pretty green South American bird with really long tail feathers)
Snow leopard - obviously part Ice-type at least.
Sphinx cat (hairless breed)

I'd really like to see any Pokemon that are Fire/Grass (hot pepper Pokemon?), Dark/Fairy and especially Electric/Psychic! I've been waiting for that combo since Gen 2!

Megas I'd like to see eventually:
Mega Kalos starters
Mega Meowstic
Mega Luxray
Mega Floatzel
Mega Stoutland
Mega Zoroark
Mega Weavile
...just to name a few.

Last edited:
I think I'd like to see a fire/dragon-type since the only ones we have are Mega Charizard X and Reshiram. I mean, what happened to the whole "dragons breath fire" trope? I'd also honestly like to see a Peregrine Falcon. Maybe it could be a better Staraptor or Talonflame with Crobat speed and [insert reasonably high Attack pokemon here] attack stats but low on the physical defense and special attack with moderate HP and Special Defense. I'm saying this because Peregrine Falcons can dive underwater and fly right back out (unlike most non-waterfowl birds) and happen to be the fastest fliers in the world, plus they're raptors (birds of prey). I think it'd be nice if it had No Guard and Keen Eye too as a reference to how Peregrine Falcons have such amazing eyesight.

Long story short, Peregrine Falcon.

Peregrine Falcons plz.

Back