What Kind of Pokémon Do You Want to See in Sun & Moon?

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
I personally want:
Goose - Water/Flying (There's already a duck and swan line)
Donkey - Water (There's a Fire horse and Electric zebra line, plus Gogoat is already grass)
Dolphin - Water/Psychic (It's about time...)
Black Bird/Raven - Normal/Flying -> Dark/Flying (Three stage regional bird, that goes from a Black Bird to a Raven)
Pied Wagtail/Magpie - Fighting/Flying (Former's rival)
Potato - Ground/Poison
Sphynx Cat - Psychic (Regional cat)
Naked Mole Rat - Normal -> Normal/Ground (Regional rodent)
Kangaroo - Fighting (Proper kangaroo and not another Kangaskhan/Breloom)
Koala - Grass
Dingo - Ground (Regional dog)
Echidna - Grass/Ground
Platypus - Water/Poison (Male only) Water/Normal (Female only)
Grey Wolf - Ice/Dark
Anaconda - Fighting/Water
Cabbage White - Bug -> Bug/Flying (Three stage regional bug)
Fairy Armadillo - Fairy/Ground
Onion - Grass/Fire
Rock Lobster - Rock/Water

I would love to see Ice/Fairy type and Poison/Fairy type, please. More experimentation with missing type combinations in general, really. Also, I'd love to see some more non-Eevee cross-generation evolutions, but I won't get my hopes up.

I'm also most interested in the types that haven't been used yet. I'd like to see them do something interesting with Electric next gen, especially Electric/Fighting or Electric/Psychic (I also want to see Electric/Dark but I think we'll get that through Mega Luxray). Maybe put some of Rotom's types on new Pokemon too. We'll probably see a few new Fairy combinations, I'd like to see Fire/Fairy and Bug/Fairy.

And yes, we need a dolphin Pokemon for the love of Arceus. I think they could get away with pure Water, but I could also see Water/Psychic or Water/Flying.

-A Minotaur comes to my mind. Preferably a Pseudo-Legendary that takes on a new Type combo whenever possible. (Fighting/Fairy for the fact that they can hit hard and they are mythological beings. Fighting/Fairy can be a solid offensive typing in battle.)
-Another unicorn Pokémon. We could do with one that is legitimately either a Psychic Type, a Fairy Type, or both.
-A dolphin Pokémon, but tons of people have already been requesting it at this stage.
-A vampire Pokémon. Dark/Ice could work if they're supposed to hate the sun.
-A tiger Pokémon. We could do with one that isn't a Legendary. Possible Types could be Dark/Fighting or Dark/Grass.
-Another hippopotamus Pokémon that can effectively thrive in the water.
-A proper kangaroo Pokémon. Bonus points if Fighting/Ground.

I have a couple of prehistoric (and other) things I'd like to see as Pokemon:
-a mosasaur - I know it would inevitably end up Rock/Water which isn't exactly a new or interesting combo, but hopefully a good design with decent stats could save it.
-a terror bird - considering they were flightless birds I could see something like Rock/Fighting working for it, although I can't help but feel like they'd just ignore that and give it Rock/Flying anyway.
-a velociraptor - I'm not sure what typing that could actually have, although having it Rock/Electric type (something about it generating electricity through running at high speeds?) could be very interesting.
-triceratops - I know we have a fossil similar to this with Shieldon/Bastiodon, but I'm thinking of a proper triceratops. I don't know what type it could be, particularly since I'd prefer it to not be another Rock/Steel (which would only increase the Shieldon/Bastiodon comparisons).
-ankylosaurus - obvious candidate for a Rock/Steel type, and in all honesty I can't really think of another type which would suit it well.
-a pegasus - this would be an obvious candidate for a Rapidash Mega evo. I can see it being given Fire/Flying with Aerilate, although it might be interesting if it gets Fire/Fairy (with Pixilate).
-a kraken-esque thing. Yes I'm aware that it's commonly depicted as a cephalopod and we do have Malamar and Octillery but I'm thinking a real monster-of-the-deep type creature. Water/Dark seems like a fitting type for such a Pokemon (although it could be something else considering we already have a Dark type cephalopod).
- a Grass/Fire rose thing (think Roserade on fire and thats the sort of thing I have in mind)

I would love to see some Pokémon from the past having a pre-evolution or a evolution like Corsola and some others... and not megas for them. Like they did with Audino/Sableye etc.

I also would love to see a Red Panda, Kangaroo, Koala, Chow Chow dog a chubby one :D that would be awesome!
And don't forget the akita dog '' like the one from the movie Hachi ! ''

There's over 700 pokemon out there, and not one is based on a moose. By moose, I really mean moose, not it's relative, the elk, deer, or caribou.

I would also like to see a goldeye, not to be confused with goldeneye. One is a fish, the other is a James Bond film.

This idea comes from left field.

This Pokemon is based on a fisher cat. It evolves into a pokemon based on a bison. That Pokemon evolves into a pokemon based on a blue jay.

Get it? Fisher Cat --> Bison --> Blue Jay?

While we're on the subject, I'd like to see a Pokemon based on a baseball bat. There would be two kinds, a steel type or a grass type.

Last edited:
I have a couple of prehistoric (and other) things I'd like to see as Pokemon:
-a mosasaur - I know it would inevitably end up Rock/Water which isn't exactly a new or interesting combo, but hopefully a good design with decent stats could save it.
-a terror bird - considering they were flightless birds I could see something like Rock/Fighting working for it, although I can't help but feel like they'd just ignore that and give it Rock/Flying anyway.
-a velociraptor - I'm not sure what typing that could actually have, although having it Rock/Electric type (something about it generating electricity through running at high speeds?) could be very interesting.
-triceratops - I know we have a fossil similar to this with Shieldon/Bastiodon, but I'm thinking of a proper triceratops. I don't know what type it could be, particularly since I'd prefer it to not be another Rock/Steel (which would only increase the Shieldon/Bastiodon comparisons).
-ankylosaurus - obvious candidate for a Rock/Steel type, and in all honesty I can't really think of another type which would suit it well.
-a pegasus - this would be an obvious candidate for a Rapidash Mega evo. I can see it being given Fire/Flying with Aerilate, although it might be interesting if it gets Fire/Fairy (with Pixilate).
-a kraken-esque thing. Yes I'm aware that it's commonly depicted as a cephalopod and we do have Malamar and Octillery but I'm thinking a real monster-of-the-deep type creature. Water/Dark seems like a fitting type for such a Pokemon (although it could be something else considering we already have a Dark type cephalopod).
- a Grass/Fire rose thing (think Roserade on fire and thats the sort of thing I have in mind)
You forgot Stegosaurus! :O

This Pokemon is based on a fisher cat. It evolves into a pokemon based on a bison. That Pokemon evolves into a pokemon based on a blue jay.

Get it? Fisher Cat --> Bison --> Blue Jay?

That seems... a bit too out there. At least Remoraid and Octillery have a connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems... a bit too out there. At least Remoraid and Octillery have a connection.

C'mon, you don't see the connection to fisher cat --> bison --> blue jay? You are definitely not hitting this one out of the park, if you can catch my drift.

I think I'd like a tiger!

It would be the last evolution stage.

The stages would be Seawolf --> Mudhen --> Tiger

Or how about this?

Biscuit --> Bull --> Ray

Last edited:
I think the Archen line just about fits the bill here, right?
Jellicent is very much the kraken Pokemon. Its PokeDex entries detail it pulling ships underwater etc.. Mix Jellicent and Malamar and I think that'd be the best design for a kraken Pokemon.
Yeah, we need a Grass/Fire-Type Pokemon desperately. I think it'd be awesome if we had a starter trio of Grass/Fire, Water/Grass and Fire/Water next game when they're at their final evolutions. There'd end up being some really interesting designs.

Personally I think it's criminal that there are no Pokemon based on dolphins or orcas for sure, though that's an omission which I feel like a lot of people are aware of.

I also think it'd be a very good idea for Nintendo to possibly reference some other franchises with Pokemon, if the designs work well. I could see a Pokemon reminiscent of Fracktail being fun, for example.

I think the Archen line just about fits the bill here, right?

Jellicent is very much the kraken Pokemon. Its PokeDex entries detail it pulling ships underwater etc.. Mix Jellicent and Malamar and I think that'd be the best design for a kraken Pokemon.

1 - Archen/Archeops are more based on Microraptors or the Archaeopteryx. They have very little in common with terror birds.

2 - I always forget Jellicent exists, but it's not quite the sort of thing I had in mind when talking about a Kraken thing. Maybe a kraken type thing would be suitable for a Jellicent or Malamar Mega Evo? (although tbh I wouldn't really mind if it wasn't a cephalopod, any kind of deep-sea-monster would make me happy)

a couple of other things I've thought of:
-a sheet ghost
-a golden eagle
-a canine based on a sighthound
-a kiwi bird (double bonus if it includes design inspiration from kiwi fruits)

I'm not all that picky about specific Pokemon type combinations or physical appearances, but I would like to see some older generation 'Mons get new evolutions.

And not that terrible fat blob thing they did in Gen IV with Tangrowth and the like.

Still want a new Eeveelution for sure, It's no fun that only Arcues covers all type.

1. Something related to Bacteria (one of the largest organism group but barely any pokecounterpart)
2. Gass pokemon based on Fruits instead of flowers and other type of plant. (The one that I know is just Cherruby and that also involve into a flower)
3. Mixture of Watermelon and Bowling Ball (Can use a related to sport where it is used in sport so we aren't just left with Electrode line that looks like a ball) Grass-Rock/Steel
4. Pegasus & Unicorn - Rapidash twin evolution [Pegasus - Fire/Dark or Flying Unicorn - Fire/Fairy]
5. An Actual Water/Ice Penguin
6. A Cloud Pokemon for pure flying
7. A Proper Bigger Elephant that doesn't look like a tyre when roll up.
8. An Ice Type Snowman (Those round snow with carrot and stick)
9. More Rock pokemons that are made of other type of Gemstones mixture
10. A turtle based Fire Starter (We have Blastoise and Torterra how about a fire to complete it)

We need more snake Pokémon. All of the snake Pokémon we've had so far have been the obvious Poison- or Grass-types. We ought to get a snake Pokémon for every type. My husband thought of an amazing way to make a Fighting-type snake Pokémon with a boxing glove on its tail. :p

Okay, this is kind of half a joke, but still. Imagine, say, an Electric snake (not an eel) or a Fire snake, or a Fairy snake, or a Steel snake. So many awesome possibilities.

Also, I love snakes.

PS: Snails for every type too. And cats. Maybe I should just make my own fakémon region that's nothing but snails, snakes, and cats in all of the various typing groups. No one would like it but me.

We need more snake Pokémon. All of the snake Pokémon we've had so far have been the obvious Poison- or Grass-types. We ought to get a snake Pokémon for every type. My husband thought of an amazing way to make a Fighting-type snake Pokémon with a boxing glove on its tail. :p

Okay, this is kind of half a joke, but still. Imagine, say, an Electric snake (not an eel) or a Fire snake, or a Fairy snake, or a Steel snake. So many awesome possibilities.

Also, I love snakes.

PS: Snails for every type too. And cats. Maybe I should just make my own fakémon region that's nothing but snails, snakes, and cats in all of the various typing groups. No one would like it but me.

Psychic type rattlesnake please, it could use its rattle to hypnotize its prey. Since Ekans is already one perhaps it could be an alt evolution that becomes Poison/Psychic, we don't have that type combo yet anyway.

I want to see a Blue Jay and Cardinal-based evolution tree. Maybe acting like competitors (ala Seviper and Zangoose) or partners (like Minun and Plusle). They would probably be version exclusives and Normal/Flying.

Maybe I can see the Blue Jay acting like a psuedo-Ice type; but it'd probably be Normal/Flying like pretty much all the other "Pidgey-clones".

C'mon, you don't see the connection to fisher cat --> bison --> blue jay? You are definitely not hitting this one out of the park, if you can catch my drift.
What does Rounders have to do with this?

Personally I think it's criminal that there are no Pokemon based on dolphins or orcas for sure, though that's an omission which I feel like a lot of people are aware of.
Plus they haven't even made a "full" shark yet and just made Mega Sharpedo a more toothy and scarred version of its base form!

a couple of other things I've thought of:
-a sheet ghost

Shuppet.

Last edited:
I want to see a Blue Jay and Cardinal-based evolution tree. Maybe acting like competitors (ala Seviper and Zangoose) or partners (like Minun and Plusle). They would probably be version exclusives and Normal/Flying.

Maybe I can see the Blue Jay acting like a psuedo-Ice type; but it'd probably be Normal/Flying like pretty much all the other "Pidgey-clones".
I think a Blue Jay should be Dark/Flying or Fighting/Flying, as they can be very territorial.

For a Blue Jay line, I want to see it start as something else and work its way up to a Blue Jay.
Blue Tlt -> Blue Bird -> Blue Jay

groups. No one would like it but me.
Steelix is a Steel snake; Onix and Dunsparce aren't Grass or Poison Types either.

As for new snakes, I want to see a Water/Grass Type anaconda, as they really like the water and they live in jungles.

Back