What Kind of Pokémon Do You Want to See in Sun & Moon?

Dunsparce is totally a Tsuchinoko and not a snake, but I'm not sure how else I'd design a Normal-type snake that's actually interesting, so I guess it could kinda sorta count. I also concede that I totally forgot about Onix/Steelix. But even if we were to accept all 3, that still leaves lots of potential snake openings, though.

I think a Blue Jay should be Dark/Flying or Fighting/Flying, as they can be very territorial.

For a Blue Jay line, I want to see it start as something else and work its way up to a Blue Jay.
Blue Tlt -> Blue Bird -> Blue Jay

I wasn't thinking Dark-type because of their often bright coloring. Did not know they were territorial.

Adding to the blue jay/cardinal discussion; how about an Oriole-like Pokemon. That'd probably be Normal/Flying.

I wasn't thinking Dark-type because of their often bright coloring. Did not know they were territorial.

Adding to the blue jay/cardinal discussion; how about an Oriole-like Pokemon. That'd probably be Normal/Flying.
I'd rather have more Thrushes, like Black Birds.

What does Rounders have to do with this?

Nobody gets it? New Hampshire Fisher Cats --> Buffalo Bisons --> Toronto Blue Jays? AA --> AAA --> Majors?

Lol,
Toronto Blue Jays
St Louis Cardinals
Baltimore Orioles

Meh, they could add stuff like marlin, ray, diamondback. Since we have pokemon based on objects, why not have some based on clothing, like red sox and white sox. If we go minor, we could also have sea dog, mudcat, yard goat (formerly rock cat), biscuit. Heck, we could go independent and have goldeye, redhawk, canary, saltdog, railcat, airhog, wingnut, beach bum, um, uh, blue crab, skeeter.

It's a shame a trainer using a cub like pokemon hasn't become a pokemon master in over 100 years.

Last edited:
Nobody gets it? New Hampshire Fisher Cats --> Buffalo Bisons --> Toronto Blue Jays? AA --> AAA --> Majors?

Lol,
Toronto Blue Jays
St Louis Cardinals
Baltimore Orioles

Meh, they could add stuff like marlin, ray, diamondback. Since we have pokemon based on objects, why not have some based on clothing, like red sox and white sox. If we go minor, we could also have sea dog, mudcat, yard goat (formerly rock cat), biscuit. Heck, we could go independent and have goldeye, redhawk, canary, saltdog, railcat, airhog, wingnut, beach bum, um, uh, blue crab, skeeter.

It's a shame a trainer using a cub like pokemon hasn't become a pokemon master in over 100 years.
Can you stop it with the Baseball?! Not EVERYONE who works for Pokémon is American!

Funnily enough, baseball is really popular as a sport in Japan, but I think if they were going to reference it in Pokémon in some fashion, I'm pretty sure they'd do so in a different manner from using American MLB teams (like they did with the infielder class in Gen. 5)

Shuppet takes inspiration from a teru teru bōzu as well as puppets. When I said sheet ghost I was talking about something like a childrens tv show huge-white-sheet-with-eyes-cut-out.
(Although I will admit that it is something not too dissimilar to Shuppet)

I know its been said, but I'd love to see a dolphin. I'd also like to see a stingray, Water/Poison could be an obvious typing, although a Water/Electric could be interesting.
A stinging nettle Pokemon could be interesting. It could make for a Grass/Electric which is a pretty interesting type which I'd like to see. (even though we do technically have one with Rotom Mow)
Also, for other fossil ideas:
-polacanthus
-dilophosaurus (which could be a design inspiration for a potential Mega Heliolisk)
-liopluerodon

The baseball references were unintentional; I just was thinking of designs for new region birds.

To get off that discussion; I would really like to see a dolphin Pokemon. Or maybe a manatee Pokemon.

I really like to see a toilet pokemon. It would be Poison/Water. There would be different kinds, kind of like shellos in different regions, one being the bidet kind, the other being the regular flush.

I would also like to see some more abstract pokemon as well, one that isn't based on anything.

A third one I would like to see is a ghost type that is based on a painting on a wall. It would be a painting with picture frame and all.

Last edited:
And? It doesn't make any sense for a buffalo to evolve into a blue bird.
It makes as much sense as a remora evolving into an octopus. I think it'd be awesome if more evolutionary families went down the concept route as opposed to making sense biologically.

It makes as much sense as a remora evolving into an octopus. I think it'd be awesome if more evolutionary families went down the concept route as opposed to making sense biologically.
I already told you! They have something more in common than both being water creatures!

Remoraid is a gun and Octillery is a cannon.

I already told you! They have something more in common than both being water creatures!

Remoraid is a gun and Octillery is a cannon.
That was the point I was making. Their evolution is based off of a concept (guns into cannons) as opposed to biological enhancement; a remora into an octopus doesn't make sense. That means that the baseball evolutionary family would actually be fine, despite not making sense species-wise.

That was the point I was making. Their evolution is based off of a concept (guns into cannons) as opposed to biological enhancement; a remora into an octopus doesn't make sense. That means that the baseball evolutionary family would actually be fine, despite not making sense species-wise.

I'm not so sure that species combination would work, really. Remoraid and Octillery are both sea creatures, so it's not quite as nonsensical for them to be related. But to go from cat to bison to blue jay? Those are kinda random and don't really feel progressive, especially going from bison to blue jay which feels more like a step backwards in terms of physical attributes like size and strength. I'm not saying it's completely impossible, but I'd need to hear more details about the family (such as what kinds of baseball objects it's based on as well as its size and stats) before I could say it works as an idea.

Back