What Kind of Pokémon Do You Want to See in Sun & Moon?

We could do with a skeleton Pokémon by now.

I'm thinking of The Grim Reaper, in spite of Dusknoir already existing.

My point is, another Grim Reaper Pokémon should be holding a scythe and wears sinister robes and/or cloaks. It would obviously be Dark/Ghost. Best suited as a Legendary, in my opinion.

We could also do with a lumberjack Pokémon. I'm thinking it would be Ground/Steel, but you're welcome to suggest another type combo.

This topic is a dangerous question. I have many views on what I'd like to see, many being bizarre. I've got an odd brain.

I know we've just had Bunnelby and Diggersby, but I would really like to see a dust bunny based Pokémon. Normal-type would be fine.

And I'm a fan of sharks, so any new shark themed Pokémon would be welcomed. Frilled shark, thresher shark, whale shark, and chimaera are a few that I wouldn't mind to see.

So, I compiled a LARGE list of type combinations that have yet to happen (I excluded any forms or Mega's - I'm strictly talking "main form" Pokémon)
Normal/Rock

Normal/Poison

Normal/Electric

Normal/Fire

Normal/Dark

Normal/Dragon

Normal/Bug

Normal/Ghost

Normal/Steel

Normal/Ice

Fire/Poison

Fire/Dragon

Fire/Grass

Fire/Ice

Fire/Bug

Fire/Fairy

Fire/Ghost

Fire/Dark

Fire/Electric

Fighting/Electric

Fighting/Fire

Fighting/Grass

Fighting/Ghost

Fighting/Normal

Fighting/Poison

Fighting/Water

Fighting/Dragon

Fighting/Fairy

Fighting/Bug

Fighting/Rock

Fighting/Ground

Fighting/Ice

Water/Normal

Water/Fire

Water/Bug

Flying/Normal

Flying/Fire

Flying/Fighting

Flying/Water

Flying/Grass

Flying/Poison

Flying/Electric

Flying/Ground

Flying/Psychic

Flying/Rock

Flying/Ice

Flying/Bug

Flying/Ghost

Flying/Dark

Flying/Steel

Flying/Fairy

Grass/Fire

Grass/Bug

Grass/Normal

Grass/Water

Grass/Rock

Grass/Electric

Grass/Ghost

Grass/Dragon

Poison/Normal

Poison/Fire

Poison/Grass

Poison/Electric

Poison/Rock

Poison/Steel

Poison/Fairy

Poison/Ghost

Poison/Psychic

Poison/Ice

Electric/Fire

Electric/Water

Electric/Grass

Electric/Psychic

Electric/Fighting

Electric/Dark

Electric/Poison

Electric/Bug

Electric/Ground

Electric/Rock

Electric/Dragon

Electric/Ice

Ground/Normal

Ground/Fire

Ground/Water

Ground/Grass

Ground/Fairy

Ground/Poison

Ground/Fighting

Ground/Bug

Ground/Ice

Psychic/Normal

Psychic/Water

Psychic/Electric

Psychic/Dark

Psychic/Ground

Psychic/Bug

Psychic/Rock

Psychic/Dragon

Psychic/Poison

Psychic/Ice

Rock/Normal

Rock/Fire

Rock/Electric

Rock/Poison

Rock/Ghost

Ice/Normal

Ice/Fire

Ice/Grass

Ice/Electric

Ice/Poison

Ice/Rock

Ice/Dragon

Ice/Fairy

Ice/Dark

Ice/Steel

Ice/Fighting

Ice/Bug

Bug/Normal

Bug/Fairy

Bug/Dark

Bug/Psychic

Bug/Dragon

Bug/Ice

Dragon/Normal

Dragon/Grass

Dragon/Water

Dragon/Poison

Dragon/Bug

Dragon/Rock

Dragon/Fighting

Dragon/Fairy

Dragon/Ghost

Dragon/Dark

Dragon/Steel

Ghost/Normal

Ghost/Water

Ghost/Electric

Ghost/Bug

Ghost/Rock

Ghost/Ground

Ghost/Fairy

Ghost/Fighting

Ghost/Steel

Ghost/Psychic

Ghost/Ice

Dark/Normal

Dark/Grass

Dark/Water

Dark/Electric

Dark/Rock

Dark/Ground

Dark/Fairy

Dark/Bug

Dark/Poison

Steel/Normal

Steel/Grass

Steel/Fire

Steel/Water

Steel/Electric

Steel/Bug

Steel/Poison

Steel/Dark

Steel/Ice

Fairy/Normal

Fairy/Grass

Fairy/Fire

Fairy/Water

Fairy/Electric

Fairy/Poison

Fairy/Psychic

Fairy/Ghost

Fairy/Rock

Fairy/Ground

Fairy/Steel

Fairy/Dark

Fairy/Dragon

Fairy/Bug

Fairy/Fighting

^ I put it in a spoiler tag cuz the list is super long.

Anyway, my top 20 picks for type combos I would LOVE to see are:

Fire/Poison
Fire/Electric
Fighting/Dragon
Grass/Fire
Grass/Dragon
Poison/Fairy
Poison/Ice
Electric/Fighting
Psychic/Bug
Rock/Ghost
Ghost/Fighting
Ice/Fire
Ice/Fairy
Bug/Dark
Dragon/Fighting
Dragon/Fairy
Dark/Fairy
Steel/Poison
Fairy/Dragon
Fairy/Fighting

I'm a fossil nerd so the prehistoric pokemon will be of great interest to me. And there's a lot that can be covered.

Something like rock/fire based on a steogsaur or rock/psychic based on troodon

So now that the region is sort of maybe confirmed to be Hawaii (I mean, seriously, it's called Alola), I've thought up of a few potential Pokemon that could totally fit in with the Hawaiian theme.

• Toucan Pokemon: Flying/Normal type of the region. There's about 38 species of toucans in Hawaii, and although Flying/Normal is a tired concept, I really can't think of anything unique about it. Though...perhaps it could be a split evolution like the Burmy line? Flying/Fire by evolving it in a volcano...or something like that.
  • Pikaclone: Electric/Water or just Electric. Honestly, looking at the rodents of Hawaii, there isn't much there except for ship rats and house mice. I mean, the reason it could be Electric/Water is to fit in with the "ship" part of the rat...I dunno, man.
  • Dolphin: Water/Fairy or Water. Maybe also Water/Psychic. There are tons of dolphins and all that jazz around Hawaii. Plus everyone wants a dolphin Pokemon by now. Seriously, they're lovable, intelligent and would totally be awesome.
  • Chameleon: Normal or Fairy. Yeah, I know we have Kelceon, but since Hawaii is all tropical, there's these really cool chameleons on the islands. I suppose it could be a gecko instead...and the fairy type because lizards are maaagicaaalll...
  • Blind Snake: Dragon, Poison, or Ground. There's this snake thing in Hawaii that's called the Blind Snake, and it's exactly how it sounds. Sometimes they're mistaken for worms.
  • Giant dinosaur dragon with firebreathing laser eyes: Steel/Fairy/Dragon with Gale Wings. Because.

This idea comes from left field.

This Pokemon is based on a fisher cat. It evolves into a pokemon based on a bison. That Pokemon evolves into a pokemon based on a blue jay.

Get it? Fisher Cat --> Bison --> Blue Jay?

While we're on the subject, I'd like to see a Pokemon based on a baseball bat. There would be two kinds, a steel type or a grass type.

This is the funniest thing and I love it. More sports based Pokemon in general though, honestly.

Anyway, I'd really like to see any of the following:
- Sphinx - Not the hairless cats, but the winged lion people/riddlers from Greek/Roman/Egyptian history. Ground/Flying, or perhaps Ground/Psychic with Levitate?
- Dolphin - @Gamefreak, please make this happen. God knows we've been asking for forever.
- Gryphon - "Nahiri, doesn't this tie in with the sphinx?" you may ask. Well, potentially yes. Yes it does. As would a Chimera or a Manticore.
- Angel/Cherub - You can't tell me humanoid Pokemon don't work. Bisharp is awesome. But imagine a Fairy-type Bisharp. With wings. And a halo of some kind. Yeah...
- Shark - And not a half-shark. A real shark. A Kamohoali'li kinda shark.

What about an actual fairy pokemon like the human like one with butterfly wings?

I was actually thinking about something similar, but instead of a human with butterfly wings, maybe it could be an actual butterfly that resembles those fairies. They could make it Bug/Fairy and it could be the regional bug.

I think it would be cool if they had some sort of cool tiki Pokemon that was Fairy/Fire and maybe a giant shark (like a Megalodon) that would be Water/Fighting

Last edited:
I think it would be cool if they had some sort of cool tiki Pokemon that was Fairy/Fire and maybe a giant shark (like a Mastodon) that would be Water/Fighting

Do you mean a megalodon shark? A mastodon is an extinct species of elephant.
Although I would definitely be here for a Water/Fighting shark. Maybe it could have inspirations from a thresher shark and it uses its long tail to attack?

If they give us another Water/Flying I'd quite like it to be a flying fish.
I really want to see a casual 2/3 stage pure Flying line (it would probably end up being some kind of bird but it'd be interesting to see what it's actually based on and how they incorporate flying as an element into it)
I'd like to see something based on the Hawaiian Happy Face Spider. Maybe a Bug/Fairy or a Bug/Dark? I could even see it being Bug/Psychic without too much of a stretch.

Do you mean a megalodon shark? A mastodon is an extinct species of elephant.
Although I would definitely be here for a Water/Fighting shark. Maybe it could have inspirations from a thresher shark and it uses its long tail to attack?

If they give us another Water/Flying I'd quite like it to be a flying fish.
I really want to see a casual 2/3 stage pure Flying line (it would probably end up being some kind of bird but it'd be interesting to see what it's actually based on and how they incorporate flying as an element into it)
I'd like to see something based on the Hawaiian Happy Face Spider. Maybe a Bug/Fairy or a Bug/Dark? I could even see it being Bug/Psychic without too much of a stretch.
whoops! This is what I get for relying on auto correct :/ I think that Spinarak could be based on the Hawaiian Happy Faced spider.

I think it would be cool, if they do have fossil Pokemon to have a water/bug Pokemon, maybe like a giant centipede

Last edited:
As I said in my DA journal, I have a few ideas of "Hawaiian" animals to use...

What other pokemon do I expect to find in Alola?
You mean, besides a lot of alolomola (#alolazubat)? hehe....I think we will get our little woodpecker/cardinal revealed soon. I think we will finally see a dolphin or two. And I think we may even get a komodo dragon and a hummingbird. FINALLY all those fakemon artists can claim that they did those concepts F1RST!!! I could see a sea-cow/water buffalo (yes, play on words), a different non-extinct green sea turtle, a line of goats, and perhaps a new crab/crustacean. I do think we'll see another butterfly, but I also think we could get a maggot-fly line. Besides Wingulls and Pelippers, we may see a new albatross, heron, or frigatebird line, too. And finally, if you hadn't guessed by my comments, I think many other pokemon from previous generations will also inhabit Alola, making Unova the one region that had an entirely new 'dex to work through.

My best guess is the early bird will be the woodpecker/cardinal, while the early mammal will be a line of goats (leaked in the CoroCoro video).

I like the idea of mosquitoes, too. Maybe it could be a poison/bug > poison/dragon line? Although if the Komodo dragon is used, that would most likely take the poison/dragon space.

We could still use a Grass/Fire Pokemon as well, I have a feeling we'll see that type combination in some form this generation. Not exactly sure what ideas

Anyway, here's a couple of other ideas I've had floating around:

-A Ghost/Fighting type samurai spirit. We could really use Ghost/Fighting at some point and this seems like the kind of concept Japan would go for. In retrospect, I'm kind of surprised we don't have one already.
-A Water/Fighting or Water/Steel swordfish Pokemon. Another sea creature we haven't seen yet.
-A Bug/Water leech Pokemon. We've had the Eelektross line which is kind of a leech, but it has more eel like qualities, I'd like to see a Pokemon that's closer to being a real leech. As in, a water dwelling buglike thing that drains energy. Besides, we could use another Bug/Water type that actually stays Bug/Water (looking at you Surskit).

The Pokemon I want the most is a colorful tropical bird (like the Quetzal). I would want the type to be Flying/Something Exotic.
Quetzal01.jpg

Since a Poison/Fire Type has finally been confirmed, I would also like to see what they can do with the Poison/Steel Type combo.

Personally, I'd imagine such a Pokémon being a mechanical trash bin monster, similar to the Junker from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I also thought of a goblin-like creature taking control of the robot. It would like as if Oscar the Grouch learned how to fight by being one with the robot. I would imagine it having a Type-based version of Stance Change as it's Ability. The goblin is a Poison Type, but when he/she withdraws into the robot's body, it becomes the Steel Type.

It would have a cannon in one of it's arms to fire off projectiles, which can account for attacks like Gunk Shot, Flash Cannon, Flamethrower, and even Bubble Beam!

Since a Poison/Fire Type has finally been confirmed, I would also like to see what they can do with the Poison/Steel Type combo.

Personally, I'd imagine such a Pokémon being a mechanical trash bin monster, similar to the Junker from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I also thought of a goblin-like creature taking control of the robot. It would like as if Oscar the Grouch learned how to fight by being one with the robot. I would imagine it having a Type-based version of Stance Change as it's Ability. The goblin is a Poison Type, but when he/she withdraws into the robot's body, it becomes the Steel Type.

It would have a cannon in one of it's arms to fire off projectiles, which can account for attacks like Gunk Shot, Flash Cannon, Flamethrower, and even Bubble Beam!

For Poison/Steel I always imagined a mine Pokemon of some sort (as in explosive mines that you could plant in the ground or in oceans or something). A trash can Pokemon would be good too though, and you definitely have more interesting ideas for it.

Back