What Kind of Pokémon Do You Want to See in Sun & Moon?

I'm not so sure that species combination would work, really. Remoraid and Octillery are both sea creatures, so it's not quite as nonsensical for them to be related. But to go from cat to bison to blue jay? Those are kinda random and don't really feel progressive, especially going from bison to blue jay which feels more like a step backwards in terms of physical attributes like size and strength. I'm not saying it's completely impossible, but I'd need to hear more details about the family (such as what kinds of baseball objects it's based on as well as its size and stats) before I could say it works as an idea.
The closest thing I can think of to give that line sense, is give a buffalo wings and then have various cat features, like whiskers and tail.

I have to agree here, it needs to make some kind of sense. Just because its Pokemon doesn't mean it gets a pass on weirdness. What you wanted is just too weird.

I have to agree here, it needs to make some kind of sense. Just because its Pokemon doesn't mean it gets a pass on weirdness. What you wanted is just too weird.

It only makes sense if you know Major League Baseball and its minor league affiliates, and I only mentioned AA and AAA levels. If Pokemon had more levels of evolution, let's say, 7, the evolutionary line would go like this:

Blue Jay --> Canadian --> Lugnut --> Blue Jay --> Fisher Cat --> Bison --> Blue Jay

It has nothing to do with biological growth, but more of experience. If a baseball player played for the New Hampshire Fisher Cats becomes good, and gets more experience, he gets called up to the Buffalo Bisons, and then ultimately makes it to the big show in the Toronto Blue Jays.

All I am saying is that Gamefreak could technically make an evolutionary line that doesn't make sense when you first see it, because the evolved form isn't a bigger version of the previous form, but would only make sense if you get the reference.

Besides, do you know what is the most dangerous animal that kills the most humans? Mosquitos, unless you count humans killing each other with all that war stuff going on, but if it was another animal, it would be mosquito. All I am saying is bigger isn't always better.

Last edited:
It only makes sense if you know Major League Baseball and its minor league affiliates, and I only mentioned AA and AAA levels. If Pokemon had more levels of evolution, let's say, 7, the evolutionary line would go like this:

Blue Jay --> Canadian --> Lugnut --> Blue Jay --> Fisher Cat --> Bison --> Blue Jay

It has nothing to do with biological growth, but more of experience. If a baseball player played for the New Hampshire Fisher Cats becomes good, and gets more experience, he gets called up to the Buffalo Bisons, and then ultimately makes it to the big show in the Toronto Blue Jays.

All I am saying is that Gamefreak could technically make an evolutionary line that doesn't make sense when you first see it, because the evolved form isn't a bigger version of the previous form, but would only make sense if you get the reference.

Besides, do you know what is the most dangerous animal that kills the most humans? Mosquitos, unless you count humans killing each other with all that war stuff going on, but if it was another animal, it would be mosquito. All I am saying is bigger isn't always better.

There should be a mosquito Pokemon. Not sure why there isn't one already but for the evolution thing, I could see something like a baseball Pokemon evolving into a basketball Pokemon since they are both sports related, like both the other Pokemon being guns.

But isn't Electabuzz already a baseball Pokémon? I seem to remember Casey being crazy about yellow Pokémon with stripes, because they remind her of her faviourite Baseball team.

I like to see a humanoid final evolution, whose mega evolution could be a humanoid wolf, swan, or llama.

A corn pokemon is nice. So are some based on sporting equipment.

There should be a mosquito Pokemon. Not sure why there isn't one already but for the evolution thing, I could see something like a baseball Pokemon evolving into a basketball Pokemon since they are both sports related, like both the other Pokemon being guns.

I would go the other way around to reference Michael Jordan, unless you are talking about him coming out of retirement and returning to basketball.

If anything a Pokemon should represent a young athlete's career, and evolve, like Eevee, into one of the following sports related Pokemon:

Association Football
American Football
Baseball
Basketball
Ice Hockey
Tennis

Another idea of mine, intern --> employee --> president. The way the Pokemon would look like is to find features that would make an intern, an intern, such as novice, starting out, etc. and make a visualization of it.

Most of the ideas in this thread are only animals and a few plants. I'm coming up with some "from left field" ideas.

If Gamefreak made a Pokemon that they can't visualize, because it isn't based on any real life thing, living or not, they can come up with some abstract ideas.

Last edited:
Aight. Here's one you've probably never heard: a chimaera Pokemon. As in the one of Greek myth. Part lion, part goat, part snake. Lion breathes fire, and snake secretes venom. I've always had a strange fascination with the creature, and I think that it could make a good Fire/Poison type if done right. It'll probably never happen, but a man can dream.

I could also go for a grass/fire plant that uses some sort of explosive fruit. It'd be cooler than a burning tree, at least. Another elephant Pokemon would be nice, too. Something bigger than Donphan, but more elephant-like than Mamoswine. Then maybe a tiger, a centaur, some sort of Aztec warrior, and a gorgon, I guess.

As a final note, I can't say I understand the dolphin hype. I mean, I'd be fine with a dolphin Pokemon, but dolphins certainly don't merit the massive following they have. They're evil, man.

I, like most people, am hoping for both a Fire/Grass-Type and a dolphin Pokemon.

What I'd love to see is an Evolution for Rapidash. A Fire/Flying-Type Pegasus. I don't know why, but the idea appeals tremendously to me.

I'd also like an Evolution (or Mega-Evolution) for Maractus. Barely anyone remembers the poor dancing cactus. ;(

A Pokemon based on a nightmare would also be epic. Yes, I know about Darkrai, but I think they could have a better, two-stage Evolution line based on nightmares. Or maybe a single 'mon that can Evolve either into a Ghost/Fairy-Type (symbolizing good dreams) or a Ghost/Dark-Type (for nightmares.)

Being a lover of birds, I'd happily welcome some more strong, useful, competitive bird critters. Even some not-so-useful ones as long as they're cute!

Snowy Owl - Ice/Flying
Puffin - Water (something goofy would be adorable)
Cassowary - Fighting (check out those feet!)
Cockatiel/Budgie - Fairy/Flying

I would love to see Ice/Fairy type and Poison/Fairy type, please. More experimentation with missing type combinations in general, really. Also, I'd love to see some more non-Eevee cross-generation evolutions, but I won't get my hopes up.
I'd like to see a dragon Eevee! But I shouldn't be too greedy.

I want a dog line to be based on a Schnauzer.
It could be a Normal/Ice type and one form could be called Snowzer because we have to have a nice punny name.

A Schnauzer might be too similar to the Stoutland line (bearded dog), so I would also be very happy with a Corgi.

Oh oh oh, I have the best idea, a Pokemon based on a hole puncher. One evolution form would be the one that punches one hole, and the next evolutionary form would be one that punches 3 holes, and the final form would be that industrial stuff that punches 3 holes in a stack of 100 pages.

To stick with the theme, make one based on the stapler and the staple remover.

Don't forget a Pokemon based on the photocopy machine, and the coffee machine, not to mention a chair, a desk, a computer monitor, and a bunch of pens and pencils laying around. Did I also mention a Pokemon based on a filing cabinet?

Ok, best idea here. Chair + Desk Pokemon evolves into a cubicle, which evolves into an actual room.

Am I the only one here suggesting Pokemon that isn't based on a plant or animal?

Last edited:
A Pokémon based on a Narwhal!
Ice type + Electric type?

A Narwhal with a Thunder Horn or something.
ofcourse having the ability: Lightning Rod and Ice body.

Or mega Dewgong.

Grass/flying parrot starter
Fire/ground Grizly bear starter
Water/dark lands shark starter
Normal/ground -> Dark/ground Bagder regional rodent
Normal/flying Owl regional bird

Oh oh oh, I have the best idea, a Pokemon based on a hole puncher. One evolution form would be the one that punches one hole, and the next evolutionary form would be one that punches 3 holes, and the final form would be that industrial stuff that punches 3 holes in a stack of 100 pages.

To stick with the theme, make one based on the stapler and the staple remover.

Don't forget a Pokemon based on the photocopy machine, and the coffee machine, not to mention a chair, a desk, a computer monitor, and a bunch of pens and pencils laying around. Did I also mention a Pokemon based on a filing cabinet?

Ok, best idea here. Chair + Desk Pokemon evolves into a cubicle, which evolves into an actual room.

Am I the only one here suggesting Pokemon that isn't based on a plant or animal?
Hm. Your points are... intriguing. I can't believe that I've been so blind to the possibilities. Truly, you are a luminary in these dark times.
Lemme take a crack at it. Let's start with a bugle Pokemon, which evolves into a trumpet, and then a trombone. The various pipes that comprise them could bend into an anthropomorphic shape (or make them appear quadrupedal, whichever looks best). They'd be Steel/Normal types (gotta have that STAB on Boomburst, yo).
I could go on for a while, but in the end, there's no way that I'd be able to come up with an inanimate object based Pokemon with so much as a ghost of a chance to surpass the genius that is Klefki.

I want to see Pokemon with weapons. A Bunny/Rat/Insert fittting animal or plant here, with bow and arrow, Sword and shield, Spear etc..
However, knowing Pokemon they would probably keep doing Pokemon that are actually the weapon itself. (ahamm Aegislash).

I'd like to see a Humanoid Fish "Missing Link" type of Pokemon that's Water/Normal which has only been seen with Bibarel. Also, a Mech Pokemon that's pre-evolution is an organic life form than it gains a Metal typing and becomes a mech.

A poison/steel razor-tipped porcupine. Or grass steel works too.

Electric fighter based on capoeira fighting style. Something bipedal that can generate electricity as it's limbs twirl to it's dance. Electabuzz meets Hitmontop.

Something based around those plasma balls (touch and your hair stands on end) as it's body. Maybe a squid that's head then is reminiscent of a fountain pen nib. Electric/Poison.

A colourful puffin pls. Or a majestic psychic/flying peacock?

Mosquito is crying out to be done.

A sea slug (Google it, there are tons of awesome looking types of sea slug). In fact this could be a Vivillon style design there are so many.

Back