Pokemon What Is the Worst Gym Leader Design in Your Opinion?

professorlight said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:
I just can't find myself liking skyla. I don't know if it's her ridiculous hair tumor or that she's basically wearing no clothing that doesn't fit her role as a pilot...I don't know, I just don't like her. Also, the Kalos leaders are a bit lackluster. They just seem so ordinary.
Except for the fairy gym leader. She looks amazing! http://imgur.com/a/zGGUL#5

Really? to me, she just looks creepy as f***. It's the eyes, I think... those dark, soulless eyes... and the psychic one too... not so creepy as much as: "so, tell me more about this hu-man custom of yours of not eating your young... that will have to change once my lord hgjfkdsjASA arrives to your puny planet".

Skyla does need some clothes though.

She's strangely fascinating to me. Her eyes ooze majesticness :p Plus I would love if I could get to use her outfit :D

First Post muddafugga!

Errr....

Blaine.

I dunno, the dude was just underwhelming for me, he's just...there.

I'm seriously not impressed with Clemont, he creeps me out :\

I agree that Norman is pretty bland, it's like his only redeeming factor is that he's the player's dad.

I actually don't mind Fantina...well, her hair is ridiculous, but it seems it fit her way-over-the-top design.

Brycen makes no sense to me...I don't particularly hate his design, but why is a Gym Leader that uses Ice Pokémon half naked?

In game, Skyla bugs me the most though...she's also half-naked and doing a "boobs and butt" pose that looks extremely uncomfortable...

And if we can throw in some Elite Four members...I love Marshall except for his crazy eyebrows. And Flint...ugh.

CutePikachu said:
Yep, he looks like a mad scientist or some super nerd XD
CutePikachu said:
Brycen makes no sense to me...I don't particularly hate his design, but why is a Gym Leader that uses Ice Pokémon half naked?
Maybe he has been raised in a very cold area, so he doesn't feel cold even if temperature is low?

I dislike Olympia, the psychic gym leader in xy, to me she seems to ugly and creepy, I just hate her, my favourite gym leader is Drayden, for some reason he looks like a badass to me, I hate Roxanne from gen 3, I really dislike her design for some reason but the one I hate Most of all is Bugsy,

1. Name is unoriginal, and I hate it
2. He looks so geeky, looks like a purple haired nerd, to back this up, his nickname is ''the walking bug pokemon encyclopedia'' , what the f***?
3. his quotes : "Good to see you again! Behold my bug research'' "Bug-type Pokémon are deep. There are many mysteries to explore. Study your top choices thoroughly." ''My research is going to make me an authority on Bug-type Pokémon!''

ugh, I hate him to guts, if I were to see him in real life id kill him, worst gym leader ever

Chuck from Cianwood, not a very impressive design for a Fighting type leader (it looked more like a regular trainer with nothing else than having a stache-burns).

Wattson from Mauville, compared to Blaine and Pryce as for aged gym leaders is, this one strikes me as a very odd and senile man, with nothing else than a laugh and a dull sweater of sorts. It doesn't help his team is too easy to beat.

Crasher Wake from Pastoria, never liked his brawler attire, and made very little sense to be a Water type leader instead of a Fighting type one (regarding again his attire). Plus, he looks like a stalker, appearing everywhere just to sing like a homeless drunkard. Beating him was a dull chore.

Cilan, Chili and Cress from Striaton, I'm glad they aren't leaders in W2B2, but they were a wasted potential. Good thing you can make duo battles with them but, they never get better...

Cheren from Aspertia, from almost kicking my ass every time like a bully to become a washed out Normal type leader that you can only rebattle on occasions. I would have like it to have him like an optional boss like Red is in Johto but, it was asking too much (plus he lost his cool factor).

Glacia and Phoebe from Ever Grande, it is amusing how much wasted potential is to force Elite Four to use pokémon teams like a regular gym leader (duplicated mons and a design pattern that doesn't fit in style with their Typing).

Hmm, I think I'm done.

While not thinking that he's one of the worst gym leaders, I can't really understand why the hell does Ramos have those rosy cheeks that make him look like a happy drunk old man with a menacing scizors cane (and I'm not even complaining about that weird "beard"). Seriously, get a picture of him and use Microsoft's "Paint" or something alike to take those out (and the scizors) and he just turns into a friendly old man.

Vulpix said:
CutePikachu said:
Yep, he looks like a mad scientist or some super nerd XD

I think the same.

Kaiser Dynamo said:
I'm very afraid of the Fairy gym leader. Her pitch-black eyes stare into your soul...

She's beautiful but with those eyes she looks like she's atracting you so she can eat you after. Originally fairies weren't the cute and helpful creatures that are nowadays portrayed and I remember that every time I see Valerie...and thinking of what she might be hiding beneath those sleeves. O.O

I'm going to go with Volkner. Spiky-haired emo that kinda looks like the Fourth Hokage. So ... bland, when Electric Gym leaders tend to be more, I don't know, expressive? Wattson, Clemont and Lt. Surge were all just more striking than Volkner.

I think that the worst design for a gym would have to be the new fairy type gym. The design is exactly the same as Jasmine's gym in the original games and similar to Flannery's (I believe). Come up with some new ideas, besides the random teleporter thing. C'mon, Gamefreak!

MtheW said:
I think that the worst design for a gym would have to be the new fairy type gym. The design is exactly the same as Jasmine's gym in the original games and similar to Flannery's (I believe). Come up with some new ideas, besides the random teleporter thing. C'mon, Gamefreak!

I thought the Fairy type GLs gym was more like a simplified version of Sabrinas Gym.

MtheW said:

I liked the concept with it like a doll's house, but I do agree that the teleporter thing has been seriously overdone :/

It's even more annoying when you consider that there are more original and cool gym ideas - I loved Grant's Gym with the rock climbing, and Olympia's (Psychic) gym was just pure amazing.

altho Valerie is a Fairy woman which means she kills dragons which is only a good thing

MtheW said:

Don't you mean Sabrina's Gym? Jasmine was the steel gym in Gen 2, and her gym had no teleporters.

I liked where they we're trying to go for Ramos, but i think they needed to add something so make him look less like the generic gardener.

Why does everyone not like Valerie? She's my favorite Gen 6 gym leader so far.

CutePikachu said:
In game, Skyla bugs me the most though...she's also half-naked and doing a "boobs and butt" pose that looks extremely uncomfortable...

Hello, let me introduce you to white girls everywhere. Have a Starbucks!

I'm kidding, but seriously, Skyla looks so kiddy and it's just weird. She's sorta fat too

Falkner is meh. His gym is dumb, he's dumb, he's too emotional with bird pokemon, he's just weird.

Most hated of all team is Whitney, that miltank bro.

Gen6, would have to be Grant, simply for the fact bro you got gems in your hair, you dirty mess clean yourself. Just looks so unhygienic imo. He could be white for all we know....

Galaco. said:
In gen III the worst for me was probably Norman, he never stood out to me

SuperDuper said:
Yeah, I don't like Norman for the same reason. ... His design is too plain and muted for my liking. :p

Vulpix said:
Norman - dull. I'm sorry but his looks is really boring. I can look at him and fall asleep.

CutePikachu said:
I agree that Norman is pretty bland,

Dear player,

Thanks for noticing. We did it on purpose.

Your pal, Gamefreak

I did in fact mean Sabrina's gym, my mistake. Haven't played kanto in too long.

Probably my least favorite gym leader, based on appearance, would have to be Brawly. He just doesn't do it for me. His design seems so uninspired and bland. As great of a region Hoenn was, not a lot of the gym leaders had really memorable designs, in my opinion. Except for Juan, of course.

And I think Ramos would look amazing without that creepy looking beard... thing that he's got going on. *shivers*

Woflric looks like an ordinary couch potato
wulfric_with_ice_type_pokemon_by_scottwhit-d6sookh.png

Back