XY What Do You Think of the Starters?

I'm probably leaning towards Froakie. I <3 Frogs, he's a bleedin' Ninja(!), and he has an epic beard..

I hope Fennekin's evo isn't bipedal (and Fighting), honestly, there has never been a non-bipedal Fire Starter, right? (Even Typhlosion's sprite stands on 2 legs.. :p)

Chespin looks like it can either end up looking mad cool, or go the Samurott route and look stupid [and be useless].

The only region where I liked each starter was Kanto. I didn't like Totadile from Johto. I didn't like Treecko from Hoenn, I didn't like Piplup from Sinnoh and I don't like Chespin from Kalos. But I am going to choose Froakie this region then get the Blazikenite Torchic.

These are probably my favorite trio of starters right behind the Hoenn trio, none of them I dislike and they just seem awesome.

Anyway, I'll be choosing Fennekin as I've said right from the start, it's super cute!

I like all of them but I'm choosing Fennekin. There's just something cool about it; I don't know what it is. When I replay it I'm choosing Froakie, and Chespin's cute but it's too confusing. WHAT THE FLYING TYPE IS IT?

[private]Edited for spelling/grammar and sent a PM since all of his posts seem to be pretty terrible in that regard.
~Frezgle[/private]

I like Froakie and Fennekin, I may grow to like Chespin after I see its evolutions, but until then those two are my top pick. I'm going to be using Fennekin my first play through.I just hope my dreams aren't crushed again like they were with Tepig. I have not used a fire starter since gen 2.

Ever since I saw them I have had my heart set on fennekin.

I don't even know why, normally I'm a grass type trainer, Bulbasaur, then Treecko, recently snivey. but there is just something about that cute little fox.

Chespin looks kinda cute and I am considering him as a second starter if i buy the X as well (since I'll be getting Y first) but I don;t know about froakie, for some reason, me and water starters don't get on.

I've always liked water-starters the best, but this time I am going with Chespin; he is cute as a button, and I loved him since the day he was revealed. :3

mega charizard said:
Fennekin for sure. I wonder if the kalos starter you choose will have any bearing on the kanto starter you get.

Doesn't seem like it, the video showed Sycamore giving you a choice, just like Oak and Steven in HGSS.

Tatertot said:
mega charizard said:
Fennekin for sure. I wonder if the kalos starter you choose will have any bearing on the kanto starter you get.

Doesn't seem like it, the video showed Sycamore giving you a choice, just like Oak and Steven in HGSS.

Probably the case (and people would think its stupid if it was set), but to me it would be fun if the other two rivals were given the choice first and you are left with the last one for once XDDDd (of course everythin predetermined by your Kalos choice).

Honestly, I'm not too psyched on this set of starters. None of the three really appeal to me.

Mitja said:
Tatertot said:

Probably the case (and people would think its stupid if it was set), but to me it would be fun if the other two rivals were given the choice first and you are left with the last one for once XDDDd (of course everythin predetermined by your Kalos choice).

It might be interesting to have someone pick before you (maybe chosing the starter that is the same type as your Kalos starter) then you get to be the one who is like, hey, you chose this so I'll be a jerk and chose this one that is super effective on yours. Ha. Just a thought.

Froakie, Charmander, Torchic. YOLO son!

Best team ever. ~.~

Froakie is just so awesome. The more I think about it, the more sure I get on who I'm picking. Chespin looks cool too, but it has that look, that look that says it's evolutions will be UGLY. No offense :p

And Fennekin, on the off chance that it isn't Fighting, it probably won't be cool either way. And she looks too haughty. No one likes haughty Pokemon. <_<

This is the first region since Johto that I love all three of the starters. I honestly cannot wait to see what they turn into!

I'd love it if they allowed you to get all 3 kalos starters. Wasn't there something about your rival giving you theirs after the pokemon league?

This is the first time that I've ever wanted all three starters! c: Froakie was kinda ehhh at first, Fennekin was fine, and Chespin was really my first pick, but when we actually got to see them in gameplay and in the anime trailers, ZOMG!! They're all so adorable and awesome! :3 I really, really wish I'll say the same about their final evo's haha.

I REALLY hope though that Chespin's final stage doesn't end up looking like the dozens of fan-art out there where he just turns out into this giant hedgehog. I hope he turns out into something cool, especially with the rumored secondary Dark type. D:

I only like Fennekin of the group, though yes it has some issues ['the head is too big blah blah blah'].

Froakie, imo, is just creepy. I just... no. [which is a pity because i love that blue ;-;]
Chespin looks like a clone of something... cant figure out what. [Maybe pikachu. Or patrat.] Also nope.

Interested in Fokko's and Froakie's evos though. Chespin i dont really care what they did with it honestly.

I guess I can put in my thoughts!

As always, the grass starter is my favorite.

Fennekin looks like an updated Vulpix in my opinion. I just don't like it.
Froakie will never outmatch Politoed as a frog, I don't care what its tier might be.
Chespin looks so happy and has a nice sprite. I like the rodent-esque features it has.

Thetwiggy13 said:
I guess I can put in my thoughts!

As always, the grass starter is my favorite.

Fennekin looks like an updated Vulpix in my opinion. I just don't like it.
Froakie will never outmatch Politoed as a frog, I don't care what its tier might be.
Chespin looks so happy and has a nice sprite. I like the rodent-esque features it has.

Fennekin for me is cuter than vulpix (never liked that thing preferred ninetales.)
Froakie can't but maybe his evos will especiallly if they are ninjas.
Chespin I completely agree on. (are hedgehogs rodents?)

Back