Finished Werewolf XVII III: Team Rocket's Takeover -Town Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XVII III: Team Rocket's Takeover - Day 1 Ends September 9th 4 PM EST

Fancy said:
Teal said:
How is James and Blui exposed as town = dead town again?
Not down for the count, but certainly they are going to die. So, they're fates are sealed, we can already guess the outcome. My point: They aren't dead yet, but they will be, as I said later in my post.

Therefore, since they are going to die one by one, we need to make use of them now. I would suggest they use their abilities today and tomorrow, but it's best if they don't share their abilities; it'd make it easier for the wolves to decide.

Since we had James here spill his guts on the entire thing, I'd like Blui to tell us all the information he has acquired. That way, the town would know something and it would alleviate the loss we're gonna have.

James has used his ability, apparently it was a '1 shot wonder'. And my second ability has no real effect on the game, just good 'ol being a loud mouth. And what other kind of ability would we expect Blue to have? Just curious, I can see a potential double voter but yeah, that's it really.
As for the info I've acquired? Nothing really, just James and I having a tea party in the mason chat ._.

RE: Werewolf XVII III: Team Rocket's Takeover - Day 1 Ends September 9th 4 PM EST

@ Fancy

Finally, someone who decides to at least consider the fact that I'm being voted for on absolutely no basis. Seriously, there wasn't even a real reason that started the wagon against me, and now, multiple people have voted for me without even mentioning it. I'm looking at you Keeper of Night and grantm... If you're going to vote for someone, actually base it on something. The way you hopped onto my bandwagon without saying a word explaining why is extremely scummy.

Honestly, I feel like if the day keeps going the same way, with everyone simply mindlessly jumping onto a bandwagon like this, then we're going to be down three town members before the game even gets started. There have been so many terrible mistakes already made here. James screwed over his entire mason group, and then used his one-shot ability on a person he thought was a townie. Seriously!? I know you're an experienced player, and I'm pretty disappointed that you would make a move like that. And grantm, I'm praying that you're lying about being our seer, because if you are, then we better have a priest to save you, since you've probably got a target the size of Jupiter on your back now.

So can we please all just stop for a minute and think this thing through? Despite what Teal might say, we are back to square one, since the entire wagon against me has been based on Teal thinking my posts are "scummy" and nothing more than that, with the rest of the sheeple blindly following him. If the town keeps playing this way, then we'll all be dead before day 3.

And I feel like Fancy is doing a good job of leading the discussion, so I'd like him to give his thoughts in everything that's happened so far. I'm glad there's at least one other level-headed person around at the moment. So what's your take on things?

Fancy said:
I really would just like to see more elaboration, because, quite frankly, I'm lost when you say 'this post was scummy' but don't touch on why it is scummy. Maybe I'm just not seeing the same things you see when you read the posts, but I would like you to enlighten me.

This. Teal, you claim that someone is scummy due to what they've said but never point out any specific post or sentence, then when someone else questions you about it, you think the other person is scum too? Now I'm even more lost. Also,

[uv]BLUI[/uv]

@Fancy, I'm always skeptical of the "town" in werewolf games, especially when we have no idea if the person is even a part of the town.

@Grant, you may have deduced that revealing yourself to be Seer day 1 greatly benefits the town, but I'm having a bit of difficulty seeing it. Can you tell us why?

@James: Not a particularly satisfactory answer, but I don't suppose I'll be getting a different one and you're as close to cleared as we've got (not totally cleared, mind you, but somewhat).

grantm1999 said:
Teal said:
Btw. why do people think that James will get NK'd? If I was a wolf I would never NK James in this situation, I would hunt for seers and priests instead. James is just an otherwise vanilla mason now. Priest better protect someone else, and if we lose either Red/Blue, we honestly don't lose much.

I disagree with you there Teal.

Although I have made it obvious that I'm town, I have deduced that it will greatly benefit the town by revealing my role.
I am seer, just so you know. The name of my role (as pertaining to the manga) is Professor Oak. Also, i find it weird that Red would have a KILLING ability.

Also, VOTE: TWISTEDTURTWIG

I'm really surprised I was wrong about SheNinja, he seemed really scummy to me.

I AM OAK! Total scum. I'm pretty much a vanilla. There is no way you can prove for someone to be a vanilla but I'm pretty sure you are scum.

[v]GRANTM1999[/v]

I still think that TT is scum but you are DEFINITELY scum.

Reason for TT: He tried to kill Red, Blue and Green which would be town (and he knows it because he is scum).

Both Flys Gon and grantm claim Oak?
My money is on grantm being scum, since wolves can claim seer easily.
But then again, I don't see Oak as being just a vanilla townie either... hmmm...

Well, Twisted, here are my latest thoughts: We have a new lead! Someone has actually counter-claimed, and we have some evidence to go on. I believe I'm more suspicious of Grant, since he claimed himself to be seer. If, on the odd chance, Grant turns out to be telling the truth, then we lynch Flygon. I don't think this'll be the case, because Flygon would've known we would do that; so he wouldn't counterclaim if he was a wolf. But since he has...It all points to Grant lying, especially his supposed big role.

So Grant, you currently have my vote...

VOTE: GRANTM1999

TwistedTurtwig said:
@ Fancy

Finally, someone who decides to at least consider the fact that I'm being voted for on absolutely no basis. Seriously, there wasn't even a real reason that started the wagon against me, and now, multiple people have voted for me without even mentioning it. I'm looking at you Keeper of Night and grantm... If you're going to vote for someone, actually base it on something. The way you hopped onto my bandwagon without saying a word explaining why is extremely scummy.

Honestly, I feel like if the day keeps going the same way, with everyone simply mindlessly jumping onto a bandwagon like this, then we're going to be down three town members before the game even gets started. There have been so many terrible mistakes already made here. James screwed over his entire mason group, and then used his one-shot ability on a person he thought was a townie. Seriously!? I know you're an experienced player, and I'm pretty disappointed that you would make a move like that. And grantm, I'm praying that you're lying about being our seer, because if you are, then we better have a priest to save you, since you've probably got a target the size of Jupiter on your back now.

So can we please all just stop for a minute and think this thing through? Despite what Teal might say, we are back to square one, since the entire wagon against me has been based on Teal thinking my posts are "scummy" and nothing more than that, with the rest of the sheeple blindly following him. If the town keeps playing this way, then we'll all be dead before day 3.

And I feel like Fancy is doing a good job of leading the discussion, so I'd like him to give his thoughts in everything that's happened so far. I'm glad there's at least one other level-headed person around at the moment. So what's your take on things?

You are being voted on a basis... Well, my vote is on a basis. I really can't be bothered re-writing my last ten or so posts, so if you want to know, read them.

-----

To people who are saying that I 'screwed' the mason team over. First of all, 2 town for one wolf is a good deal, especially when one of said town doesn't even have an ability.

Fancy said:
Well, Twisted, here are my latest thoughts: We have a new lead! Someone has actually counter-claimed, and we have some evidence to go on. I believe I'm more suspicious of Grant, since he claimed himself to be seer. If, on the odd chance, Grant turns out to be telling the truth, then we lynch Flygon. I don't think this'll be the case, because Flygon would've known we would do that; so he wouldn't counterclaim if he was a wolf. But since he has...It all points to Grant lying, especially his supposed big role.

So Grant, you currently have my vote...

VOTE: GRANTM1999

Just pointing out flawed logic:

But a wolf, especially on day 1 would most likely claim seer just to kill the seer DAY 1. And with grant being an inexperienced player, I wouldn't put it out of question that the wolves pushed grant to do it because of grant's inexperience.

Finally, we're getting somewhere! An actual lead! It looks like we'll be able to turn things around after all. And if Flys Gone is lying, and grant does flip town, then he'll have some explaining to do tomorrow.

[v]GRANTM1999[/v]

Also, Flys Gone, the reason I tried leading a lynch against Red, Green, and Blue was because I thought that they were lying, and weren't actually who they claimed to be. (Already explained that, but whatever.)

This is my reasons of why TT and Grant are scum.

TT:
@ SheNinja

I don't know, it's hard to explain, but just the way you've been going at Fancy seems slightly wolfish to me. Then again, that might just be because I'm not familiar with your playstyle, since I think this is the first game I've actually played with you, so there's always that. But I'm not about to go off of a gut instinct, all the same. I'd much rather wait until some actual cards are on the table to make a decision.

Also, it kind of annoys me that there's only been about five of us talking; where is everyone else, anyway? I know day starts aren't the most fun thing in the world, but still...
Corabed's right abut no lynch, it's a waste of time, and allows the wolves a day when they don't have to worry about being killed.

And the way that SheNinja's been acting, along with the fact that he's rustling all our jimmies with his acronyms leads me to believe that he's our best option for today's lynch.

VOTE: SheNinja

He first posts that SheNinja is scummy but he'll wait but once the wagon starts filling up, he immediately jumps on the wagon. We now know he was town and if TT is wolf, he would know that he was town.

(Sorry for the absence, I have had an incredibly busy past couple of days since school started back up for me. i've been following the thread along, but this has been my first opportunity for me to reply.)

My opinion on the whole situation involving James, Blui, and corabed is that at least one, and maybe more of them aren't telling the complete truth. The whole thing comes off as especially sketchy to me. Now this may sound a but outlandish, but hear me out.

I think that this might be an elaborate con, and that all three of them might be wolves. They've claimed that they're all part of a mason group, but they just as easily could be wolves, and I'm guessing that there's one or two more of the, that they've left out of their plan to make it so that it doesn't seem too unrealistic. Blui could have suddenly decided he didn't feel like playing anymore, or has some ability that aids the wolves that will activate upon his death. Or he might have just volunteered willingly in order to help his team gain an edge. This is how I think they might have wanted it to play out:

1.) James uses his 1-shot killing role to take out one of the day's major contributors. He then outs himself as the source of the kill, and reveals all of the information about his "mason group" to avoid suspicion from the town.
2.) James then proceeds to cast suspicion on Blui, his partner. His goal is to lead the lynch against him to potentially clear himself and corabed as townies. Like he mentioned, on Psypokes, there was a nearly identical situation where PMJ and I argued back and forth so that one of us could clear ourselves at the cost of the other being lynched (which ended up failing, so gg). I think he might have gotten the idea from that.
3.) He gets the other wolves to vote for Blui, and eventually some of the town members. It seemed like everyone started voting for him like crazy, which may explain that.
4.) If everything goes according to plan, Blui is lynched, flips scum, and the next day, most everyone trusts James for helping them to out a scum. James can now mislead the town until they end up winning, and it's game over for the rest of us.

So that's somewhat along the lines of what I'm thinking. There is always the chance that they're simply a dysfunctional mason group, but I'm leaning more towards my theory.

That's why I think that I'd rather vote for James first, instead of Blui. If he's lying, then we'll know to lynch the other two next, and if he's not, then we could at least try to go after Blui, since that's who he was suspicious of.

VOTE: James86134

He posts that all 3 of them are scum. If they are all townies, he could easily get all three of them lynched. He votes for the one who is more probably townie so he could use his theory that they was only 1 wolf on the team and then try to lynch the other ones. Its all but confirmed that all 3 of them are town. He could have made us lynch them after that the SheNinja lynched failed. My initial idea was trying to get TT, who was pretty much scum then grant (the same) and then Green/Blue/Red depending on the findings (I don't think the last 3 matter now though).

Okay, so apparently my theory is faulty because I didn't understand something about the manga. My bad. But to be honest, you never know for sure, and the flavor is just that, flavor. We shouldnt be making all of our assumptions based on just the flavor, which has been what's happening most of the day.

Teal, you seem to be the main aggressor against me, and while I disagree with your ideas, you do seem to be leaning more towards town in my eyes, so let me ask you this: what am I doing that's causing you to be suspicious of me? If I'm doing something wrong, I'd love to know, because being lynched D1 wasn't exactly what I was planning on. Normally, I do try to sit back for the most part, but this game, I've been attempting to take a more active role and scum hunt. I see now that was obviously a bad choice, because somehow that all turned back on me. (camo, I think I finally understand how you feel)

So... yeah. I'm still sticking to my vote of corabed, since at this point, I'm convinced that at least one of them is a wolf. Not only have his posts been very infrequent and scummy, but he's made a huge mistake in claiming a miller. I just can't shake the idea that the whole thing is a ploy though.

Its obvious that all of them are pretty much confirmed but he still insists to lynch them, he also takes the flavor part away so we would still lynch them after he looked into flavor in other posts (that they weren't Red/Green/Blue but wolves trying to conf themselves).

Grant:
For the sake of convenience, here's a vote count. (I know I'm going to get ninja'd with this long post)

SheNinja- 5 (Twisted, Sillykyle, Blui, LuckyFire, KoN)
Teal- 1 (PMJ)
Twisted Turtwig- 2 (Teal, Flys Gone)

This early?! #bandwagon
Also, here's who hasn't talked yet, let's see which of them will start...:
HegaFire0
Charmaniac
Rock Wrecker (because hasn't confirmed yet)
Sir Taco
Raichugirl

If any of them are noobs then that could be helpful info to the town if anyone knows that.
I'm too lazy to dig that up. I think that at least two scum are talking to cause this conglomeration of disarray.
Here's my opinions on most of the players to post so far.

Rusty Sticks- why did you post that? One post, and it's calling us all idiots. I would guess, just based off that, that Rusty Sticks is a lynchproof indie. We could find that out... My logic is, a townie wouldn't call fellow townies idiots, unless Rusty is just stupid, and if he's a wolf then that would also be pretty stupid because if people are voting to sheninja for excessive use of annoying acronyms then what would they do to someone who calls us idiots for no reason? But, perhaps he is scum who is banking on us using that logic?

Corabed- newbie?

Teal- I think Teal is town. And is using my logic for...

Twisted Turtwig!- Indie or scum to me honestly. I think he's a safe lynch, come on TT, give me a reason why you should not be lynched. Your posts have been pretty scummy, but not obviously so in my opinion.

Blui- I think Blui is town, he hasn't said much, so possibly a careful scum or indie. But I think he is town.

LuckyFire- you confuse me...

SheNinja and Fancy- wait for it... BOTH TOWN. Yes, that's right, i think they're both town. Look at all those early votes for Sheninja despite Fancy's noobish/scummy posts! I feel like I can read this fairly well but the wolves have capitalized on their brief argument. We don't have long to change the votes from SheNinja to scum.

All the others who I've failed to mention are just being weird and not-productive.

VOTE: TWISTEDTURTWIG

May change to Rusty Sticks, depending on if/what I hear from him.
TOWN! Read thoroughly!
SheNinja, you're so scum, and thanks for telling us that TT and KoN are not scum. My post was not even true, I was just baiting out responses. I was hoping to bait out more responses, but it worked better than I thought it would and I got all I was looking for, for now.
Here's my spear of pure logic, just try to block it. You slipped up. It is now obvious that you are scum because you are trying to cause confusion by saying Fancy is town, who you were arguing against fervently while you were posing as town, and Jay is scum. One, you would have no reason to know that Jay is scum (unless some weird daytime seer ability), AND, Jay is not even in this game.

One interesting theory that I'm not yet sure about: The wolves made the fake bandwagon for scumninja, only they were planning on changing all their votes at the last second, but weren't planning on SheNinja overdoing his/her part and screwing up. The reason I'm saying this is so we don't automatically assume everyone who voted for SheNinja is town.

Here's my list for scum/potential scum/potential indie:
Sheninja
Twisted Turtwig
HegaFire0
Charmaniac
Sir Taco and/or Raichu Girl
Rusty Sticks

UNVOTE: TWISTEDTURTWIG
VOTE: SHENINJA
He made a long post to then say that it was all false. He says he knew that SheNinja was scum, why would he not vote for him immediately? Easy, he made that post and when the wolves (supposedly) told him that it would be better to lynch SheNinja, he immediately jump into his wagon. There is nothing to explain there IMO about how he contradicts himself that SheNinja was confusing the town but he is confusing them more. SheNinja was later revealed as town (a wolf would know that already).

I disagree with you there Teal.

Although I have made it obvious that I'm town, I have deduced that it will greatly benefit the town by revealing my role.
I am seer, just so you know. The name of my role (as pertaining to the manga) is Professor Oak. Also, i find it weird that Red would have a KILLING ability.

Also, VOTE: TWISTEDTURTWIG

I'm really surprised I was wrong about SheNinja, he seemed really scummy to me.

I already said why he was definitely scum. I am Prof Oak and not him. No one would claim seer D1, he is trying to conf himself. Its also the second time he votes for his partner TT, Obviously he is trying to be as far as way from him as possible.

Keeper of Night said:
But then again, I don't see Oak as being just a vanilla townie either... hmmm...

Reason is because Oak doesn't research humans, he researches POKEMON. Actually, on some of my first posts I called SheNinja a "she" (when on previous games I've alwasy said he is male) just because of Oak's "are you a boy or a girl?" on the video games thing.

James86134 said:
But a wolf, especially on day 1 would most likely claim seer just to kill the seer DAY 1
...So does that sound like a good wolf tactic? Telling everyone you're the seer doesn't seem like something a true seer would do, they'd hide their identity for the sake of the town. So, my point being, why would anyone claim Seer knowing:

A) They won't be trusted because a true Seer wouldn't reveal.
or
B) If they were a true seer, they'd be targeted

So, unless there is something I'm missing, I don't see why wolves would do it. Claiming Seer puts a big amount of attention on them, and for the reasons stated above, they'd be suspicious to me.

James86134 said:
To people who are saying that I 'screwed' the mason team over. First of all, 2 town for one wolf is a good deal, especially when one of said town doesn't even have an ability.
I'd normally agree with you, but you killed SheNinja and you thought he was town... So, that means: Three town...for one non-guaranteed wolf, you were gambling on the possibility that one of you must've been a werewolf. I didn't really think that was right, because aren't Red, Blue, and Green the Heroes or Protagonists? Have they ever been aligned with Team Rocket?

@ Flys Gone

Seriously? Is that honestly your reason for voting for me? Because I voted for people who we now know are town, and only because they're dead now? I suppose that that makes everyone who ever voted for SheNinja, Blui, James, or corabed a wolf, including you, since you voted for Blui. You could just as easily apply the same logic to almost any other player in the game, and call them a wolf for that. It just doesn't add up.

TwistedTurtwig said:
@ Flys Gone

Seriously? Is that honestly your reason for voting for me? Because I voted for people who we now know are town, and only because they're dead now? I suppose that that makes everyone who ever voted for SheNinja, Blui, James, or corabed a wolf, including you, since you voted for Blui. You could just as easily apply the same logic to almost any other player in the game, and call them a wolf for that. It just doesn't add up.

No. I said all that even before we knew they were confirmed townies. You said that you would wait for SheNinja to defend but when a wagon started filling up, you immediately voted seeing an opportunity. For the other three, you could easily make all 3 of them get lynch first going for James, then for Blui and then Corabed (from more probably town to less probably town). You fist start with "all of them are wolves" and once one of them died "at least 1 of them are wolves". Later you just say "ignore flavor, after all its just flavor" when you had actually used flavor on your argument about Corabed. You contradicted yourself just to get the lynch on at least one of the two of them. Kill the other at night so there aren't any conf townies left.

Flys Gone 2071 said:
Keeper of Night said:

Reason is because Oak doesn't research humans, he researches POKEMON. Actually, on some of my first posts I called SheNinja a "she" (when on previous games I've alwasy said he is male) just because of Oak's "are you a boy or a girl?" on the video games thing.

When I said that "he wouldn't be just a vanilla townie," I meant that maybe he would have extra votes or something (seer would actually work as well, but may not be as fitting as another ability).

Grant and flys gone counterclaiming seems to be our best lead; it means that its fairly likely that either grant or flygon2071 are a wolf or indie (why would a townie claim someone who they aren't, but is likely to be someone else in the game?). Right now I'm leaning more for a grant lynch since I don't think a wolf or indie would counter claim and have the high chance of getting lynched the following day (unless jester role? something to muse over). However, I'd ;like to at least have a response from grant before I vote for him.

Please remember that you can't quote or copy anything from your role PM or else you will be modkilled.

Guys, lynching the seer is just plain stupid. Actually, lynching ANY town at this point is just plain stupid. We're ALREADY down two power roles, and it's not even night 1 yet! I've tried to make it obvious I'm town, but you guys still misunderstand me. I'll explain my long post strategy I made a couple pages back. The first, was mostly me guessing. I didn't know what of that was true and what was not. I was just trying to bait out responses to give us a lead. Then, SheNinja made multiple posts that seemed really scummy (causing confusion, continuing to abuse stupid acronyms, wild accusations etc.). I legitimately thought he was scum. @everyone: James still seems suspicious, but everything he said being the truth makes sense. We're almost out of daylight!

You're still scum to me in my eyes, but I'll just post so you can tell us why you're not scum. In short, I am sick of these doubleposts.

If I find your explanation doesn't make sense to me, I'll either vote you or somebody else.

grantm1999 said:
Guys, lynching the seer is just plain stupid. Actually, lynching ANY town at this point is just plain stupid. We're ALREADY down two power roles, and it's not even night 1 yet! I've tried to make it obvious I'm town, but you guys still misunderstand me. I'll explain my long post strategy I made a couple pages back. The first, was mostly me guessing. I didn't know what of that was true and what was not. I was just trying to bait out responses to give us a lead. Then, SheNinja made multiple posts that seemed really scummy (causing confusion, continuing to abuse stupid acronyms, wild accusations etc.). I legitimately thought he was scum. @everyone: James still seems suspicious, but everything he said being the truth makes sense. We're almost out of daylight!

But you aren't a PR! You said that you only "confirmed" that SheNinja was scum meaning that you were already suspicious. You caused confusion after those 2 posts probably more than that SheNinja did. Acronyms? You voted someone for acronyms? People always use acronyms (PMJ, James, etc.) but no one complains about it. Voting for acronyms is much more a wild accusation than what SheNinja did. At least he was trying to look for a start while you only sit down for it to come. No James isn't suspicious because he is pretty much clear. The same thing I say to TT who is still trying to get the vote for the other 2.

Grant votes for SheNinja in 2 long and nonsense posts and then TT votes for him because the wagon started (there is no other explanation for it). Grant says that James is scummy and TT tries to get all 3 of them killed. Both of you have been making accusation on pair on people we know that can't be wolves (and they would have known that from the beginning).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back