Finished Werewolf XIII - Gunfire at Dusty Gulch - TOWN WINS

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for the second straight game, I screwed someone else from winning despite me sleepwalking throughout the game lolololol

This was a great game, even though I wasn't a part of it (silly Nationals being on when sign-Ups start), but IMO town was overpowered. Too many seers, and kill roles. I'll see you all at Werewolf XIV Legend of Canton (not 100% sure) Falls

I enjoyed this game it was pretty fun.I'm quite sad that my ability saw no use at all what so ever.I honestly think TheGuy was destined to win.We just all got lucky and figured him out Day 1 and he still came close to winning.See you all in WW XIV Legend of Canton Falls.

When I randomized the wolf team, I wasn't really optimistic - aside from Teal and Zyflair, they got mostly garbage players, but fortunately ESP replacing the silly ringleader 9Tailz did help out.

I am one unhappy penguin :p.

Either way, despite what you said DNA, the town WAS OP beyond a shadow of doubt.

I think what made the town look the most overpowered was TDL's conditional invincibility. The way the abilities were set up, he could feed the town information every day with no risk. The wolves couldn't do anything about it other than hope they get lucky.

Having conditional invincibility is okay, but I think that when combined with the stellar masonry that was the police force, it was too much.

Props to oyeah and SL for being good protectors, and ULTRA HYPER SLOPS to safariblade for not saving me when he had the chance. I still win, so it's kinda moot, but still >:O

Also whoever said they can't see the ww13 scum forum: It's a subforum of Scum Central (which is a subforum of Mafia Memories [which is a subforum of Entertainment & Games]). Can anyone else not see it?

First, before I post this, I would like to say that, if you think the town was overpowered, you are wrong.
I really, really hope this is a joke. ;P

Speaking of enjoyment, I did enjoy the first two days. The first day was very interesting. After day two, however, there was no day mindgaming (the core element of WW and how, imo, most lynches should be decided without outing obvious wolf threaths) involved for the rest of the game. All "mindgaming" that actually mattered was done during the night by our 4-5 seers.

One thing that DNA/Chillarmy did clearly not understand was the psychology of a wolf (might be because DNA was last time a wolf in a game that was more wolf-friendly): Even one failed nightkill makes targeting the player who survived seem extremely unappealing.
I mean, if I failed to kill someone, I would sure not take the risk to waste another kill. And then when you look at the ridiculous amount of players who could actually do this, and actually anyone because of the single most broken role in this game, The Psychic*...
You would be left with these in the lategame, surely with not many wolves left because of the crazy amount of seers. And then your head explodes. How can you kill these unkillable people? It's just like... I can't even describe the feeling. :p

* Yes, I think that The Psychic is an even more broken role than Glace's or HypnoLux's (HypnoLux alone wasn't even broken, but thanks to those other players)... TDL was even more broken because of his masons, but when talking about a single role that alone can destroy the wolves, it's The Psychic.
I seriously don't know what DNA was thinking while writing The Psychic. That role alone would break the game surely over 80% (random number cuz I liek) of the times the game would be executed and make the game heavily favorable to the town.

tl;dr DNA, you don't understand how broken The Psychic is because you did not list it as the single best role.

PS: I didn't even catch how safariblade could make the Drug Dealer suffer. Wow... just... wow. ": D"

@PMJ: Even I can't see it. And really now, I don't want it to be public.

PMJ said:
Also whoever said they can't see the ww13 scum forum: It's a subforum of Scum Central (which is a subforum of Mafia Memories [which is a subforum of Entertainment & Games]). Can anyone else not see it?

I still can't see it.

Anyway I still think the town wasn't as OP as many people think. TheGuy should have won think about it if nobody would have known his role late game we would have probably lynched a townie then there would have been a wolf kill and by the time we would have figured it all out TheGuy still would have had a 50% chance of dying.

All right!!!! Good job guys, I wish I hadn't been killed so late in the game. Idk about the town being overpowered, we had several roles that could give us wolf information and such, but the wolves could still have won if they'd chosen to kill those people.

Bisharp37 said:
Anyway I still think the town wasn't as OP as many people think. TheGuy should have won think about it if nobody would have known his role late game we would have probably lynched a townie then there would have been a wolf kill and by the time we would have figured it all out TheGuy still would have had a %)% chance of dying.
"Since I can't reverse evolution and speak your language, I'll keep this brief." - Mitsuki Konishi

1) You are ignorant of the facts.
2) Yes, TheGuy was very powerful, but that doesn't mean that the wolf/town ratio was any more balanced.

but the wolves could still have won if they'd chosen to kill those people.
Uh, no.
The wolves don't know magically who to kill. Those threats who were outing information (TDL, oyeah) had protection so killing them wasn't possible. Glace, well I talked about that earlier:
Glace: Yes, I believed it, because anything else would be broken and the town was known to be so overpowered anyway. I did not, however, even know half of how overpowered this town was.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
First, before I post this, I would like to say that, if you think the town was overpowered, you are wrong. The town was a bunch of lucksacking idiots.
Don't even get me started; the chances of HL getting killed by the wolves early was ridiculously low, and even if he wasn't that lucky with his choices, you have a huge mason group that knew who was innocent. You basically formed a quasi-seer that required killing multiple times and just couldn't die until Day 5. That's rubbish.

Figured out why no one could see it. Everyone should be able to see it now.

Oh and Bisharp, if you think that I am saying all this just because I am bitter for loosing, well. First off, yes, I am slightly bitter because the end of the game actually made me feel bad, and I am slightly bitter because I was put into a role (other than indie) that could basically not win. That, or the "fact" that I am a bad looser is, however, not the reason I am saying all this. The main reason I am pointing all this out is that future game hosts don't make the same mistakes.

This has been a very instructive game to me and I believe that I can make the next WW I host (not on PB but on a Finnish forum) a little bit better than without this game. It was also nice to learn a little bit more about the psychology of a wolf player.

DNA, it sure was a horrible night to have a wolf curse. Castlevania ftw!

Teal said:
Castlevania ftw!

I'll take credit for that; it was the description for the ww12 wolf forum, too. It'll be even more fitting next game! :D

Wow, I'm dumb, I went to disable smilies and closed the thread instead. My bad lol

Ah, good. I was really confused by the sudden lock. lol

Uh... WW14... when...? *wants to be online*

Ah, Teal. The one good wolf. It's ironic, because he complained about the Fairy Godmother role last game, and he himself got it this one. (It did come in handy, though - someone tried to read his alignment and he came up innocent.)

When I randomized the wolf team, I wasn't really optimistic - aside from Teal and Zyflair, they got mostly garbage players, but fortunately ESP replacing the silly ringleader 9Tailz did help out. The original design of Spy was different - it also allowed the Spy to defect to the town's side (a la traitorous double agent), but that would be too ridiculous, as Chillarmy pointed out to me.

Teal...played wonderfully. That's really all I can say. He got a lot of mileage out of his tracking devices and used them like a good player would. I noticed he adopted a strategy very similar to mine - i.e. being really helpful to the town as well as his own team - and I personally think it served him well; he was the last surviving vigilante.

He even was trying to help the wolves kill the seer, to prevent them from being found. Unfortunately for him, I had 4 seer-like roles in the game, but he did help to get the most important one: HypnoticLuxray. Teal, you played a very good game, and I tip my fedora to you.

Not that I'm discrediting Teal or anything, but Teal didn't do everything...

Throughout most of the game Teal had Hypnotic marked as 'Not the Sheriff Mason'. I was the one who brought him up and pushed for his night kill. I wanted to kill Hypnotic over DNS, but I wanted to be a bad fair leader so I agreed to kill DNS first. I then died the next day (Thanks Hypnotic and TDL... :< ), and Teal carried out what we agreed on before and went through with HL's kill.

Also, I think I was a better wolf than "garbage", but maybe that's just me. :/

I was talking about your role, not you.
Btw. yes, first I thought HypnoLux was not it, but I began to suspect him at the same point as you too. ;P But I said let's kill DNS first so I collect info on HypnoLux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back