Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillarmy

El problemo?
Gunfire at Dusty Gulch
Hosted by Chillarmy and DNA

Basic Mafia Rules

What is Werewolf?
Werewolf is a game that features two main factions: the werewolves and townspeople (townies). The idea is that there is a town of people and some werewolves have hidden amongst them. During the day, they appear as normal people - it is at night that they take the form of the beast and slay the townspeople.

How do you play?
Werewolf is played in two shifts: Day (which lasts one week) and Night (usually another week, but can vary). During the Day, everyone talks amongst themselves and uses the powers of deduction to determine who they think the wolves are. Votes are cast for the suspected player, and once a simple majority has been reached (if there are 18 players in the game, 10 votes are needed), that player is lynched. His or her role is revealed, and the game goes into Night.

During the Night, no one is allowed to post in the thread (because you are all asleep in your wittle beds). This is the time when the wolves congregate and decide on someone to kill. Once decided, the wolf leader sends me the decision, and that person is killed (removed from the game). Most players also have abilities that can be used only at night, and all of those are sent to me as well. Once one more week passes (or all night abilities have been sent), the previous Night's actions are explained, and the game returns to Day.

The cycle repeats until one team wins.

How do you win?
Players are randomly assigned a team to play on, and the goal depends on what team you are on.

The town (a person who is aligned with the town is also called a townie) represents the uninformed majority whose goal is to eliminate all the wolves. This is mainly done through lynching, but there are some townies with the ability to kill during the night. The townspeople do not know who the other townspeople are. Generally, they win when all threats to the town are eliminated, but you should refer to your specific win condition for details.

The wolves represent the informed minority. Each of them knows the identities of the other wolves and can use that knowledge to influence voting. Their goal is to match or exceed the number of townies. This way, they will control the lynch vote and trivialize the rest of the game. Their main weapon is the ability to kill one person every night, but they can also twist people's words and cause confusion during the day to get lynches on townies.

In addition to the townies and wolves, there sometimes exist independent or "indie" roles. These people are not aligned with the town, nor are they aligned with the wolves. You could say they are aligned with themselves. Indie roles have wildly varying win conditions, but for the purposes of winning the game, most indie roles are considered a threat to the town - they must be eliminated in order for the town to claim victory.

...Roles?

Each player assumes a role of a character. It's exactly what it sounds like. Werewolf has three basic roles: the wolf (explained above), the seer (a townie who can learn whether a player is a townie or a wolf), and the priest (a townie who can protect a player from being killed during the night). There are variations on these basic roles, along with numerous other roles that are present. As for what they are, well... that's a secret!

Voting

Pretty simple. To lynch someone during the day use the following form:

Vote: Chillnavy

To unvote someone, use the following form:

Unvote: Chillnavy

A simple majority is needed to for a lynch to succeed. So, for example. If there are 7 players playing 4 votes are needed.

Rules

1. You may not talk about the current game outside of the game thread to anyone (regardless of whether or not they are/were playing), at any time, for any reason, unless your role specifically says you can. If I find out you have broken this most sacred of rules, you will be modkilled. A modkill is when you are forcibly removed from the game by me.
2. Do not edit your posts. Every post is a valuable piece of information. First offense will result in a warning. Second offense is a modkill.
3. If you publicly reveal your role, you will be modkilled.
4. Information I send to you via PM is not to be directly quoted at any time. You must adapt it into your own speaking style. Violation of this rule also results in a modkill.
5. If you are forbidden from posting for whatever reason and you post anyway, you will be modkilled.
6. Unless forbidden to post, you must post at least once during each day phase to be considered active. If you don't, you will be replaced at the start of the next day phase. The day phase is a week long - there is _no reason_ you should not post at least once in this thread over the course of seven days.
7. If you are eligible for a name change, you may not get it changed if you are in the game. (If you die, you may change your name.)

Introduction

Midnight fell on Dusty Gulch as the sheriff sauntered into the bar. With a brief nod, the bartender started brewing his usual. The sheriff sighed contently. Dusty Gulch was now a twenty-five year old town, and there hasn’t been a major incident with crime yet. The bartender slid a pint-sized mug over to the sheriff. He briefly smelt the rancid yet comforting scent of the ale before taking a huge gulp. He nodded approvingly at the bartender, who smiled back. The sheriff then turned and listened to the pianist, who was playing some easy listening jazz. Life was good in Dusty Gulch.

As the night hours rolled on, a stranger stepped purposefully into the saloon. The sheriff turned to see a well built man. He was well dressed, and had a vividly white cowboy hat. Behind him a beautiful white stallion grazed on a trough of hay.

“Good evening, stranger,” the sheriff greeted him. “It’s not often we get a visitor to Dusty Gulch. I’m the sheriff. Can I help you?”

The stranger’s formally gruff expression turned soft, as he removed his hat to reveal a bald head. “I’m afraid this town is potentially beyond help, sheriff. I’ve come from far away to warn you that the Vigilantes are approaching your town.”

The sheriff stood up, his previously relaxed face twisted in horror. “Them? Here? Why would they pick this low town to invade.” The sheriff had heard of the vigilantes, and he wished he hadn’t. A gang of thugs, whose one purpose is going from town to town, stealing all they want and killing all they want to. They will kill anyone who stands in their path, and anyone who lets them pass through.

“Who are you stranger?” the sheriff inquired.

“I am the Texas Ranger. I’ll help you on your quest. I’ve read some records on your town, and I believe you have a chance of surviving the vigilantes’ invasion. Now, gather the police force! Bar the windows! Lock the doors! Hide your kids and your wives! We’ve got a town to save!”

The sheriff nodded grimly. They walked out briskly, and the sheriff took a moment to gaze at his surroundings. He may never see the town the same way again...

Signups:

1. Puff Lynched Day 2.
2. Infinity Lynched Day 6.
3. Glace
4. Mokoko Replaced by sillykyle. Killed Night 5 by the vigilantes.
5. Riskbreakers
6. King Arceus Killed Night 2
7. Nengeni
8. Teal Lynched Day 10
9. ComfortEagle Died Night 9.
10. Oyeah1988
11. One Approved
12. Bisharp37
13. DoubleNikeSocks
14. Zyflair Lynched Day 3.
15. Cinesra
16. Chariblaze Killed Night 3 by the vigilantes.
17. Dark Void Committed suicide Night 2.
18. King Piplup Lynched day 4.
19. Meaty Killed Night 2 by the vigilantes.
20. TheGuy Lynched Day 9.
21. Porygon-X Lynched Day 8.
22. Bippa Died to drugs Night 8.
23. ShadowLugia Killed Night 4 by the vigilantes.
24. safariblade modkilled
25. PMJ Died to drugs Night 6.
26. Argetlam Killed Night 8.
27. Eevee Lynched Day 5.
28. Gistica Replaced by superpokemon67
29. HypnoticLuxray Killed Night 8 by the vigilantes.
30. 9Tailz Replaced by ESP Lynched Day 5.
31. dmaster Killed Night 1 by the Vigilantes.
32. Kecleon-X Killed Night 6

Replacements:
1. Blui29
2. Kam
3. Rusticks
4. TheYoshi

And may the odds gangbeat you and leave you crying on the streets.
Signups begin now!

Puff-Sun

Gogoats
RE: Werewolf XIII - Gunfire at Dusty Gulch - Signups begin now!

In it to win it.
That intro is awesome. this is gonna be one interesting game.

Infinity

Soccer Mom

in, though I don't understand something. We post during the day, but what do we post?

Chillarmy

El problemo?

DNA and I will post what happened during the night phase, and then in the day you discuss with everyone else who you should lynch and possible leads you discovered during the night.

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member

In.

Mokoko

Yes, I actually am alive.

I'll give it a go

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

In. Hopefully the one issue about me accidentally finding out a wolf doesn't happen this time so I can actually play.

Nengeni

Aspiring Trainer

In.

Stupid Glaceon not needing to post more than three characters...

I could probably just post a period and it would be ok xD ~Glace

When I was a mod on a certain site that I can't mention here, I got in trouble for editing someone's post like that.

If only I could
PMJ said:
En thh yu long ick pm add you were were 0 you are cool very kow. Y ermine to ue y kill rarch beth o ring the s of Tam Rot jsc
~Nengeni :p

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね

I'm in!

PG24

<Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
Advanced Member

in it to not be a wolf three games in a row lol

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

I also am sticking this thread and unsticking the last one.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね

Hide ya kids, hide ya wifes!

Now I actually got around to read the first post. xP I would rather keep voting in colors, as you just notice it faster. Don't wanna mess with color codes? (Lol at Chillnavy. ;D)

Also this whole revealing role thing... how far does it really go... what breaks that rule? Even after playing in the WW12, I'm not sure. (And not sure why we have this rule anyway.)

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Don't edit posts Glaceon. The game might not be underway, but you aren't allowed to edit posts.

We've had the rule about no role revealing for a long time. It can ruin some of the fun of the game.

One Approved

;
Advanced Member

IN

OMG THIS ACTUALLY DIDN'T GO UP WHILE I WAS AT WORK.

maybe the townies will actually win a game.

Puff-Sun

Gogoats

I should get a trophy for signing up within 1 minute of this being posted.

Zyflair

Yes, sir. Of course, sir.
Advanced Member

In it to not see the town fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.