'VMAX Rising,' Japan's February Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Clam I like food
    Clam

200 dmg for 5 energy... ok? even with frostmoth its gonna be a pain to setup as you would either need to play a lot of energy or just use lapras VMAX which would be a better option as its very bulky and will do 210 with 5 energys i just see no point in this card if water type has better options

2. Yaginku Aspiring Trainer
    Yaginku

Honestly, all of these still need to deal 100-200 more damage to be effective, lest Tag Teams or V-Pokemon will just Mallow&Lana, or even straight up outspeed them. I think something like +60 DMG Choice Band would be utterly ridiculous (and still not enough). Instead, we need a Stadium or Ability that blocks/punishes healing and allows normal Pokemon to win through chip damage.

3. don()shinobi PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
    don()shinobi

I firmly believe that one day we will have viable Gyarados cards again.
    Long live the king, Stormfront Gyarados.

AbyssalHand, Clam and Wynter Griffing like this.
  4. Wynter Griffing 22/500 CP
    Wynter Griffing

A powerhouse for a specific prerelease deck probably. HP is pretty nice for a one-prizer.

5. AbyssalHand Surge Double Bellelba
    AbyssalHand

keldeo v is your best bet since pika isn't as rough of a matchup. sooner or later you lose pipstoise to chuchu and you're forced to send out lapras who is too slow to respond completely. before you know it you've been e-power full blitzed

6. AbyssalHand Surge Double Bellelba
    AbyssalHand

and AOR gyarados the GOAT

7. AbyssalHand Surge Double Bellelba
    AbyssalHand

yep, as dumb as it seems the game should introduce like 8 energy attacks that swing for 300 and do something super detrimental

8. jamashawalker Ikouze!
    jamashawalker

[​IMG]

Am I a joke to you??

9. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

Basically, so that Galarian Sirfetch'd qualifies for cards that say "Galarian ... ", same as Galarian Perrserker.

10. ForeverRanger91 Aspiring Trainer
    ForeverRanger91

Frosmoth and Twin Energy or TCE makes this very doable. As for DCE, it is too broken to be quite honest and Twin Energy is a nice balanced option.

11. Volkner123 Better Pokemon trainer than Ash will ever be
    Volkner123

I remember a time when a Pokémon with 180hp was considered to be crazy. I think they should have just stayed in the 180-240hp range

12. NicoNoo Meta/budget player
    NicoNoo

Yeah this ain't gonna cut it pal, Frosmoth already has a 200 attacker in the form of Black Kyurem, requiring you to not use shitty Magikarps and only requiring a stadium card.

13. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

snoopy369 likes this.
  14. Yaginku Aspiring Trainer
    Yaginku

Interesting how they can "get away" with not printing Dragon cards, because nothing is weak to Dragon and Fairy no longer exists. It is a weird choice, though.

MATTUSH likes this.
  15. Clam I like food
    Clam

the issue with this card is that there are better non gx attackers that are probably weaker but are more veristile like volcanan not only does it do 110 fo 2 energys it also helps a lot with early game by getting energy on your side of the board (yes i know you need 4 energy in play to do 110) I get it, this is just a filler pokemon but still I want cool cards like Giratina (the one that could revive itself) and not a bland card with a gimmick thats still nothing intresting.

Aces likes this.
  16. AngryBokoblin Guzzlord is fun
    AngryBokoblin

How is this not interesting?

Honestly I can see a deck around this with excadrill and a lot of energy recyclers.
    Lysandre's trump card would be good

17. silversalamence10 Top Hat Regulator
    silversalamence10

Hmm... are they low key trying to tell us that they’re planning on doing away with Dragon-types as well? I suppose we’ll find out when we get the first Goomy (or any other pure Dragon) card of the SwSh era.

18. Clam I like food
    Clam

i should rephrase what i said i think its a interesting card making the user of it have to deal with a bit more resource management i just dont think its good because we have better non GX attacks although not to sure about colorless

AngryBokoblin likes this.
  19. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

Still you just burn cards. I hate strats where you need more than 3 cards just to make one strategy to work. That's what Card Burning defines of.

• Diggersby - you still putting yourself at risk. You are pushing ur opponent to win the game. Still. Also, you don't hit for weakness. I know, up to 6 but 180 is very ideal. 3 Geodudes

20. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

I like this card. 180 for a TCE (or a Welder+attach)? Seems like a potential option to me. Especially if you're playing a deck that doesn't mind self-milling. 180 Turn Two damage on a one-prizer is hard to beat.

AngryBokoblin likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 6 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?