'VMAX Rising,' Japan's February Set!

Clam

Almost decent
200 dmg for 5 energy... ok? even with frostmoth its gonna be a pain to setup as you would either need to play a lot of energy or just use lapras VMAX which would be a better option as its very bulky and will do 210 with 5 energys i just see no point in this card if water type has better options

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Honestly, all of these still need to deal 100-200 more damage to be effective, lest Tag Teams or V-Pokemon will just Mallow&Lana, or even straight up outspeed them. I think something like +60 DMG Choice Band would be utterly ridiculous (and still not enough). Instead, we need a Stadium or Ability that blocks/punishes healing and allows normal Pokemon to win through chip damage.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
I firmly believe that one day we will have viable Gyarados cards again.
Long live the king, Stormfront Gyarados.

AbyssalHand

Surge Double Bellelba
200 dmg for 5 energy... ok? even with frostmoth its gonna be a pain to setup as you would either need to play a lot of energy or just use lapras VMAX which would be a better option as its very bulky and will do 210 with 5 energys i just see no point in this card if water type has better options
keldeo v is your best bet since pika isn't as rough of a matchup. sooner or later you lose pipstoise to chuchu and you're forced to send out lapras who is too slow to respond completely. before you know it you've been e-power full blitzed

AbyssalHand

Surge Double Bellelba
Honestly, all of these still need to deal 100-200 more damage to be effective, lest Tag Teams or V-Pokemon will just Mallow&Lana, or even straight up outspeed them. I think something like +60 DMG Choice Band would be utterly ridiculous (and still not enough). Instead, we need a Stadium or Ability that blocks/punishes healing and allows normal Pokemon to win through chip damage.
yep, as dumb as it seems the game should introduce like 8 energy attacks that swing for 300 and do something super detrimental

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
201237_200w.jpg

Am I a joke to you??

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Why call Sirfetch'd "Galarian Sirfetch'd" when there is only one variant of Sirfetch'd to begin with?
Also fudge Twin Energy what was wrong with Double Colorless?

Basically, so that Galarian Sirfetch'd qualifies for cards that say "Galarian ... ", same as Galarian Perrserker.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Frosmoth and Twin Energy or TCE makes this very doable. As for DCE, it is too broken to be quite honest and Twin Energy is a nice balanced option.

Volkner123

Better Pokemon trainer than Ash will ever be
I remember a time when a Pokémon with 180hp was considered to be crazy. I think they should have just stayed in the 180-240hp range

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Yeah this ain't gonna cut it pal, Frosmoth already has a 200 attacker in the form of Black Kyurem, requiring you to not use shitty Magikarps and only requiring a stadium card.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Interesting how they can "get away" with not printing Dragon cards, because nothing is weak to Dragon and Fairy no longer exists. It is a weird choice, though.

Clam

Almost decent
the issue with this card is that there are better non gx attackers that are probably weaker but are more veristile like volcanan not only does it do 110 fo 2 energys it also helps a lot with early game by getting energy on your side of the board (yes i know you need 4 energy in play to do 110) I get it, this is just a filler pokemon but still I want cool cards like Giratina (the one that could revive itself) and not a bland card with a gimmick thats still nothing intresting.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
the issue with this card is that there are better non gx attackers that are probably weaker but are more veristile like volcanan not only does it do 110 fo 2 energys it also helps a lot with early game by getting energy on your side of the board (yes i know you need 4 energy in play to do 110) I get it, this is just a filler pokemon but still I want cool cards like Giratina (the one that could revive itself) and not a bland card with a gimmick thats still nothing intresting.
How is this not interesting?

Honestly I can see a deck around this with excadrill and a lot of energy recyclers.
Lysandre's trump card would be good

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
Hmm... are they low key trying to tell us that they’re planning on doing away with Dragon-types as well? I suppose we’ll find out when we get the first Goomy (or any other pure Dragon) card of the SwSh era.

Clam

Almost decent

Honestly I can see a deck around this with excadrill and a lot of energy recyclers.
i should rephrase what i said i think its a interesting card making the user of it have to deal with a bit more resource management i just dont think its good because we have better non GX attacks although not to sure about colorless

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer

Still you just burn cards. I hate strats where you need more than 3 cards just to make one strategy to work. That's what Card Burning defines of.

• Diggersby - you still putting yourself at risk. You are pushing ur opponent to win the game. Still. Also, you don't hit for weakness. I know, up to 6 but 180 is very ideal. 3 Geodudes

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I like this card. 180 for a TCE (or a Welder+attach)? Seems like a potential option to me. Especially if you're playing a deck that doesn't mind self-milling. 180 Turn Two damage on a one-prizer is hard to beat.